ADVERTISEMENT

2017 NCAAs Session 6 Thread

Hall's shot came with 10 seconds left, it cannot be considered a final second shot after a failed desperation attempt: Jordan had time, knew he had time, and Hall took him down with a shot. No stalling call can be justified.

Cenzo said that Jason told him that the throw by would be there and he could get it. Damned if that isn't just what he did. Ironic, since that's what Imar did to both Jason and Cenzo, earlier.

Hall's shot came with 10 seconds left, it cannot be considered a final second shot after a failed desperation attempt: Jordan had time, knew he had time, and Hall took him down with a shot. No stalling call can be justified.

If the roles reversed, I'm screaming my lungs out for a stall call there. Like I said, fortunately Mark iced it, but I thought Bo pressed enough to make it close to stalling

If the roles reversed, I'm screaming my lungs out for a stall call there. Like I said, fortunately Mark iced it, but I thought Bo pressed enough to make it close to stalling

It COULD have been called, but it was a good no call.

Now, of course I am a Penn State fan....lmao.

If you haven't already, check out the video section on Flo. Some awesome post match interviews from our guys and my favorite two were watching the coaches and wrestlers celebrate while watching the Cenzo and Bo matches. Pure gold. Great stuff. Great job Flo capturing this moments

Reactions: diggerpup
quick question - when PSU challenged the first takedown IMar had on Cenzo why did it start back on their feet. I thought when a call is challenged you go back to time on the challenge and in that case Cenzo would start on bottom.
You are correct if the call is overturned. It was instead confirmed. There was no need to rewind.

who knows. he'll be somebody that's battling for a spot.

assuming nobody changes weights, 141 is the only starting spot with an opening. 133 will have questions until we learn more about Cortez's rehab.

Lee and Moss are expected to battle it out for 141.

Manville, like Rasheed (and others), will be trying to battle his way into the lineup.
I heard Bo Pipher's name mentioned this weekend as a serious 141 consideration for next year.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
If, instead of just pushing forward wishing for a stall call, Jordan had taken a shot or two the ref may have felt compelled to hit Hall for a second stall.

Here's a few photos from tonight. I wasn't able to get on the floor for the matches--limited numbers of seats for photographers granted on a match-by-match basis. But shot from the skybox nevertheless.

hzvGAYk.jpg

Cael said every wrestler mattered. Said we needed all 8. Take it up with him.
You are a clown! YOU said we could not win without 8 scoring wrestlers. But you also said that NATO, Moore and Martin were locks for the finals AND we would wind up anywhere from 2nd to 4th place. When I first started reading this board it actually seemed like you knew what you were talking about but wow did I learn fast.

PSU-5
Lehigh-1
O$U-1

College wrestling has moved east.

I wasn't a fan and am still not a fan of changing the order of the bouts........but we sure made it work for us.
For marketing purposes, this couldn't have been much better. Not only did you get the Nickal/Dean match as the ultimate match of the night, but you got five wrestlers from the most exciting team in the country back to back to finish the night.

Where were Sandy Barbour and Eric Barron? They're usually all over stuff like this. Or were they there and we just didn't see them on the telecast?

Pretty sure I saw Sandy Barbour in the Penn State section when one of the Champs (either Cenzo or Hall) went up to their parents.

Pretty sure I saw Sandy Barbour in the Penn State section when one of the Champs (either Cenzo or Hall) went up to their parents.

Not surprising, I heard a rumor that Sandy is very comfortable in a luchador mask...I kid, I kid.

She is super supportive of the team.

Reactions: ptomaselli
I have watched the Joseph pin about 20 times this morning. The Byers call was awesome too.

I've watched the replay on my DVR twice already. Really pumped for ALL the guys. Hall is such a stud. He seems beyond ecstatic to have won. It's refreshing to see that kinda passion.

Reactions: diggerpup
So proud of these young men and glad I made the decision to take vacation Thurs/Fri to watch it all. Stunning to not only take out Imar but Dean as well. I still can't believe it. So happy about it all. Good thing my daughter was on hand, who is in EMT training because the excitement nearly killed me.

So Zain was taken down one time. I don't think Nolf gave up a TD. IMar got one, so did Dean......BoJo didn't. So if my SRATH math is right, in five champ bouts, we gave up three takedowns. SMH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT