ADVERTISEMENT

#10 Utah vs #19 Oregon State

psu00

Jan 4, 2010
The Beavs are looking pretty good. Up 7-0 early.

The upgrades to their stadium seem really nice. Real bad timing that they just finished the upgrades this year right as the PAC 12 imploded and left them behind with Wazzu.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkerlion
7-0 at half. Game started out well but really slowed down in the second quarter.

Utah is a shell of what it was last year. They don’t seem like a top 10 team, (at least from what we’ve seen so far).

7-0 at half. Game started out well but really slowed down in the second quarter.

Utah is a shell of what it was last year. They don’t seem like a top 10 team, (at least from what we’ve seen so far).
They are with Rising and IF they win this game they get him back in 2 weeks and they ain't losing again.

Root for the Beavs.

They are with Rising and IF they win this game they get him back in 2 weeks and they ain't losing again.

Root for the Beavs.
Respectfully, I have to disagree. At this point I don’t see them beating USC, Oregon, or Washington.

They have a shot with SC and UDub depending on how the Trojan and Husky defenses play. They’ve been suspect at times this year but their offenses have more than made up for it.

Beavs now up 14-0.

Utah losing makes the SEC looks weaker especially if Florida has more wins like Tennessee.

Respectfully, I have to disagree. At this point I don’t see them beating USC, Oregon, or Washington.

They have a shot with SC and UDub depending on how the Trojan and Husky defenses play. They’ve been suspect at times this year but their offenses have more than made up for it.

Beavs now up 14-0.
Respectfully you don't really get it. If you want a spot at 11-1 you need the other conferences to beat each other and always pull for the team with a worse record or ranking. No I'm not conceding a loss, I'm simply using the model which is more likely.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Respectfully you don't really get it. If you want a spot at 11-1 you need the other conferences to beat each other and always pull for the team with a worse record or ranking. No I'm not conceding a loss, I'm simply using the model which is more likely.
Oh, I get it but I’m not sure you do. We were talking about Utah not living up to a #10 ranking tonight and its remaining schedule. That’s all. You said if they win tonight, they’d win out. They won’t.

Now you’re talking about going 11-1 and needing other conference’s top teams to lose. Thats a totally different topic of discussion.

Now Beavs 21-0.

Last edited:
Utah losing makes the SEC looks weaker especially if Florida has more wins like Tennessee.
It's going to take lot more that to make the SEC look weaker. The SEC will get the benefit of the doubt based on past results.

Utah losing was good simply because they had a potentially meaningful non-conference win.

I think all the PAC love was premature. The depth was inflated by winning OOC games against lesser teams that carried weight (Utah over Florida, Colorado over TCU). I wouldn't be shocked if they all have 1 loss by the 1st Saturday in November and their champion will have 2 losses by the end of ccg Saturday.

Reactions: Fac
I think all the PAC love was premature. The depth was inflated by winning OOC games against lesser teams that carried weight (Utah over Florida, Colorado over TCU). I wouldn't be shocked if they all have 1 loss by the 1st Saturday in November and their champion will have 2 losses by the end of ccg Saturday.
Let's hope so. I think Washington Oregon and USC are all relatively legit. Only real question is can USC slow down anyone.

Reactions: bdgan
Let's hope so. I think Washington Oregon and USC are all relatively legit. Only real question is can USC slow down anyone.

Washington would be my guess if I had to pick one out today as to who is the better team. Oregon is riding the Colorado high, but they struggled with Texas Tech who is probably not a top 25 team by seasons end. USC will be like every other Riley team: need to win 63-less than 63.

Washington would be my guess if I had to pick one out today as to who is the better team. Oregon is riding the Colorado high, but they struggled with Texas Tech who is probably not a top 25 team by seasons end. USC will be like every other Riley team: need to win 63-less than 63.
Texas Tech definitely isn't good. I think that would be my concern with Oregon. They've already been caught looking ahead and sleepwalking through a team they should have beat by 30. Same page with USC for sure.

I do think the Pac XII has the best mid-level teams this year and that could definitely create a lot of 10-2/9-3. Unlike the Big Ten where only MAYBE Maryland could probably derail the 3 game season for the conference title.

Reactions: lazydave841
Oh, I get it but I’m not sure you do. We were talking about Utah not living up to a #10 ranking tonight and its remaining schedule. That’s all. You said if they win tonight, they’d win out. They won’t.

Now you’re talking about going 11-1 and needing other conference’s top teams to lose. Thats a totally different topic of discussion.

Now Beavs 21-0.
FYI. Final score was 21 - 7.

They're ranked 21st so probably better than Iowa. My guess is 9-3.

I'd be interested in a Florida vs Iowa point spread. Utah is similar to Iowa and without Rising I'm not certain they are much better offensively.

Iowa would be -1.5 favorite on neutral field going by Sagarin.

I'd be interested in a Florida vs Iowa point spread. Utah is similar to Iowa and without Rising I'm not certain they are much better offensively.

Iowa would be -1.5 favorite on neutral field going by Sagarin.
I'd bet on Florida but that would be a painful game to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT