ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining Individual Schedule (using Intermat Rankings)

pish69

Jan 11, 2016
NJ--The Shore
5 duals left before B1GS..here is the path for the next few weeks..

The opponents are listed in match order..Ohio State, Iowa, Rutgers, Nebraksa, Edinboro

125 Davis (#4)...McCrone 24, Ayala 5, Peterson 16, Smith 12, Edwards
133 Nagao (#5)....Bouzakis 12, Teske 14, Shawver 8, Van Dee 19, Aikey
141 Bartlett (#2)...Mendez 3, Woods 1, Moore 20, Hardy 7, Brennaman
149 Kasak (#12)....D'Emilio 9, Rathjen 11, Cetta, Lovett 1, Roberts
157 Haines (#1)....Wilcox 30, Franek 2, DeSantis, Robb 9, Jaquay
165 Messenbrink (#7)..Hepner 21, Caliendo 6, White, Taylor 18, Kirby
174 Starocci (#1)....Welsh 11, Kennedy 9, Turley 13, Wilson 33, Arnold
184 Truax (#5)...Rogatski, Riggins, Soldano 22, Pinto 3, Evans
197 Brooks (#1)...Geog 22, Glazier 14, Poznanski 9, Allred 15, Kilner
285 Kerkliviet (#1)..Feldman 16, Hill 28, Slavikouski 7, Andrews, Lodato

Gonna be a fun few weeks..

Personal Notes..

Beau has a tough stetch 5-0 would be outstanding, 4-1 would be very nice, 3-2 would be ok, 2-3 would be tough..

Davis..3 tough matches ahead..just excited to watch this kid do his thing

The opponents are listed in match order..Ohio State, Iowa, Rutgers, Nebraksa, Edinboro

Personal Notes..

Beau has a tough stetch 5-0 would be outstanding, 4-1 would be very nice, 3-2 would be ok, 2-3 would be tough..

Solid work here, Pish. Davis is my most interesting because the weight class is like the Venezuelan stock market.

Personal Notes..

We are going to learn a lot about Kasak in the next 3 weeks. Nagao will have some tough bouts as well.

Who do you have Truax losing to besides Pinto? I actually think he goes 5-0. I like your other predictions. Do you have BB beating Mendez and losing to Woods? Who do you think beats Nagao?

I really liked how Truax looked in the last dual. The PSU room will rub off on him somewhat, eventually.

Reactions: pish69
Who do you have Truax losing to besides Pinto? I actually think he goes 5-0. I like your other predictions. Do you have BB beating Mendez and losing to Woods? Who do you think beats Nagao?
I was thinking Rogotze and Pinto both get Truax. I'm likely wrong on Rogotze.

I think Woods will get BB. But I wouldn't be shocked if Mendez does as well.

Regarding Nagao, I don't think anyone in particular, just a gut feeling he drops one. Easily could be wrong there.

• Sad
Reactions: zzs006 and mcpat
5-0 is certainly reasonable. Truax just keeps a lot of matches close. Perhaps he turned a corner this weekend?
Hawks talking like Arnold is a possibility against Truax. Have to pick Truax based on experience and Arnold bumping up.
An upset wouldn't shock me, plus it's on the road.

Ayala vs Davis, battle. Same frames, both skilled, have to go with Ayala in a tight one just because Davis is so untested at this level plus it's in Carver.

Going to be a fun meet! We all know who the overwhelming favorite is but I'm still excited too see everyone wrestle.

Should be pretty electric.

Last edited:
Hawks talking like Arnold is a possibility against Truax. Have to pick Truax based on experience and Arnold bumping up.

Ayala vs Davis, battle. Same frames, both skilled, have to go with Ayala in a tight one just because Davis is so untested at this level plus it's in Carver.

Going to be a fun meet! We all know who the overwhelming favorite is but I'm still excited to see everyone wrestle.
Does Cael know the layout of the new tunnel so he can meet up with any potential transfers?

I was thinking Rogotze and Pinto both get Truax. I'm likely wrong on Rogotze.

I think Woods will get BB. But I wouldn't be shocked if Mendez does as well.

Regarding Nagao, I don't think anyone in particular, just a gut feeling he drops one. Easily could be wrong there.
Woods has not looked great this year, missed last two meets as well. Injury we aren't aware of?

Reactions: PAgeologist

Going to be a fun meet! We all know who the overwhelming favorite is but I'm still excited to see everyone wrestle.
You being an Iowa fan should know all about opponents being Carvered. Going to be several tough battles.

Arnold and Truax would be interesting. I'd lean Truax, but wouldn't be shocked if Arnold pulls it out at home.

Can't argue about Davis vs Ayala. Davis seems unfazed by everything and just wins. Even if Ayala wins, wouldn't put it past Cael and Co to turn that around in BIGs and Nattys.

Wouldn't be surprised if 197 is close through the second. Glazier is wrestling well. But Brooks relentless pressure should open it in the third.

You being an Iowa fan should know all about opponents being Carvered. Going to be several tough battles.

Arnold and Truax would be interesting. I'd lean Truax, but wouldn't be shocked if Arnold pulls it out at home.

Can't argue about Davis vs Ayala. Davis seems unfazed by everything and just wins. Even if Ayala wins, wouldn't put it past Cael and Co to turn that around in BIGs and Nattys.

Wouldn't be surprised if 197 is close through the second. Glazier is wrestling well. But Brooks relentless pressure should open it in the third.
Agree 100% , Caels game planning and coaching up is unbelievable. I've never seen that level of strategizing against opponents.

Glazier is a man on a mission and is gaining confidence. Brooks, he's a different animal, obviously. I think he's an 86kg world champion in training. I agree with your assessment, might be close for a period or so. I think Brooks majors him in the end though.

Last edited:

Going to be a fun meet! We all know who the overwhelming favorite is but I'm still excited too see everyone wrestle.

Iowa might need to use Arnold's 5th match against Michigan.

That is, if Michigan doesn't crap their pants again.

Iowa might need to use Arnold's 5th match against Michigan.

That is, if Michigan doesn't crap their pants again.
Scared Jason Segel GIF by Apple TV+

I’m just looking forward to the adulation Carter and Aaron will receive, being 3x champs wrestling their last match at CHA.

I wonder if they’ll present them with plaques before the meet. Maybe thrown from the stands and disguised as a beer can or water bottle.

5-0 is certainly reasonable. Truax just keeps a lot of matches close. Perhaps he turned a corner this weekend?
Turned a corner? C'mon. Truax is a sixth year guy halfway through his final season. He's not going to "turn a corner" at this point.

Plus, it's not like Truax hasn't pinned or teched guys before. Doesn't happen real often, but it happens. And the Terp opponent that he pinned has a lifetime college record of 29-44. So, Bernie's pin, while good to see, doesn't mean a whole lot either. Bernie was just taking care of business against a guy he should handle.

We'll see what happens the rest of the way, but Truax seems to match up okay against Rogotzke (if he even goes against PSU) and Pinto. Bernie. isn't real dynamic, but is fundamentally sound and tough to score on. I would expect a couple relatively low scoring matches, with one takedown likely being the difference.

Thanks for doing this
Some good matches up a head

IF everyone wrestles these 5 matches … is this what they will have. I think next year they need to have a tournament mid season to get people closer to that 15 threshold without using the BIG tournament

Wrestler, Wt. , record , record + 5 duals

Braeden Davis, 125 13-0 , will get him to 18

Aaron Nagao, 133 8-2, will get him to 15

Beau Bartlett, 141 13-0 , will get him to 18

Tyler Kasak, 149 7-0 , will get him to 12

Levi Haines, 157 10-0 , will get him to 15

Mitchell Mesenbrink, 165 14-0, will get him to 19

Carter Starocci, 174 8-0 , will get him to 13

Bernie Truax IV, 184 8-1 , will get him to 14

Aaron Brooks, 197 9-0 , will get him to 14

Greg Kerkvliet, 285 8-0 , will get him to 13

Agree 100% , Caels game planning and coaching up is unbelievable. I've never seen that level of strategizing against opponents.

Glazier is a man on a mission and is gaining confidence. Brooks, he's a different animal, obviously. I think he's an 86kg world champion in training. I agree with your assessment, might be close for a period or so. I think Brooks majors him in the end though.
With Glazier against all but Brooks, including to KC silver. Love him standing up to Birdboy and showing Hawk fans they never needed the fool anyway.

Thanks for doing this
Some good matches up a head

IF everyone wrestles these 5 matches … is this what they will have. I think next year they need to have a tournament mid season to get people closer to that 15 threshold without using the BIG tournament

Wrestler, Wt. , record , record + 5 duals

Braeden Davis, 125 13-0 , will get him to 18

Aaron Nagao, 133 8-2, will get him to 15

Beau Bartlett, 141 13-0 , will get him to 18

Tyler Kasak, 149 7-0 , will get him to 12

Levi Haines, 157 10-0 , will get him to 15

Mitchell Mesenbrink, 165 14-0, will get him to 19

Carter Starocci, 174 8-0 , will get him to 13

Bernie Truax IV, 184 8-1 , will get him to 14

Aaron Brooks, 197 9-0 , will get him to 14

Greg Kerkvliet, 285 8-0 , will get him to 13
If this happens, we will have all 10 qualified for the weight for conferences (as long as Kasak has a winning % of 70% going into B1Gs. He would have to go at least 2-3 to be at or above 70% which should be a given considering two of his final 5 are unranked). And everyone will have RPI come seeding time for NCAA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT