ADVERTISEMENT

WINTER. OLYMPICS.

Shaun White = Money!!

That was pretty damn good drama!
That was sweet.

Do you think Shaun is finally going to retire from snowboarding and go get a “real job”? :)

I figure he’s worth, with past endorsements, between $15 - $20 million.

This latest Gold medal probably puts him into the “never really working again” category.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
White wins in epic fashion... 3 x gold...12 years apart. NBC immediately cuts away to figure skating where the US is nothing. NBCSN shows womens hockey.. do they replay the US women victory from this afternoon....f no.. they cover swe. v sui.

Watching and listening f ing sparkles, costumes,artistic music selection, and crying bullshit. Whites story and performance was awesome. To top it off...commercial of Wier and Lipinski... and Weir is talking about getting a facial....yup...a facial... NBC sucks wank.

Im forced to drink more..

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
:eek:

Anyone watching? I'm watching Switzerland kick the crap out of Korea in women's hockey (6-0 near the end of the 2nd period). As I understand it, defections are included in Korea's box score. :eek:

While I'm not too excited about the WINTER. OLYMPICS. :eek: , I will watch women's figure skating (for obvious reasons), men's and women's hockey, and some of the skiing. You?
I loved Olympic hockey when the pros played. It was tremendous. Per usual everything gets ruined.

Shaun White absolutely killed it, but my first impression of his final run was that it wasn’t worthy of the gold. Of course, unlike every other boarder, NBC didn’t show any replays for Shaun with the better camera angles. The camera angle they were using during the live runs doesn’t do the athletes justice. I’d go as far as saying the live feed for the snowboarders was absolutely terrible. When they finally came back from skating to show the medal ceremony, they finally showed the closeup replay. It was then that I realized how awesome the run was.

Good grief, doesn't this woman ever shut up? What a buzzkill.

She had the article written and was just waiting for Shaun to win gold so she could post it. I’d bet there was no one at home pulling for Shaun more than Christine. She is the queen of riding coat tails of success to write negative articles. What a piece of excrement she is. Can’t understand normal thought, that Christine.

Reactions: OldTiredLion
Probably time for a NHL rant and what their absence has done to the quality of the hockey tournament. Nothing wrong with seeing some of these journeymen get a chance to fulfill a lifetime dream but that OT loss to Slovenia should be generating all hell at the NHL front office.

This is basically the 5th or 6th best team the US could field for the tournament and man did id show.

Thanks. Had to re-prioritize her Oglympics appearance.

Lindsey-Vonn-Valentine.jpg

Reactions: ChiTownLion
USA Mens Hockey team just gave up a 2-0 lead and lost in OT to a bunch of Slavs.

Is the USA skating on a level ice surface or have the Euro-teams populated their rosters with a bunch of ex-NHL players now skating for the likes of the KHL?

USA Mens Hockey team just gave up a 2-0 lead and lost in OT to a bunch of Slavs.

Is the USA skating on a level ice surface or have the Euro-teams populated their rosters with a bunch of ex-NHL players now skating for the likes of the KHL?

Kind of funny that you put it that way since the US goalie is straight out of the KHL (and is an All-Star there to boot - Pennsylvanian too btw).

Sure seems like there are lots of empty seats at many of the Olympic venues. Stands are mostly empty for the women's slalom.

Reactions: psu00
Sure seems like there are lots of empty seats at many of the Olympic venues. Stands are mostly empty for the women's slalom.
Unless you have a time machine that would be the women's Giant Slalom. I believe the slalom is tomorrow, hopefully.

PS I read that South Korea expects to lose about 10 billion on these games. Hard to imagine.

Reactions: Relayer
Unless you have a time machine that would be the women's Giant Slalom. I believe the slalom is tomorrow, hopefully.

PS I read that South Korea expects to lose about 10 billion on these games. Hard to imagine.
They’re going to end up with 4 ice arenas in a small coastal village. How do those end up being “economically sustainable”?

Mikaela Shiffrin wins gold in the Giant Slalom. She is the favorite in the Slalom tomorrow.

5a7db489d03072410c8b48dd-960-720.jpg

Congratulations Mikaela!

Awesome win and it's not even her best race. The girl is amazing. EagleVail is celebrating.
https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5a7db489d03072410c8b48dd-750-563.jpg

https://www.vaildaily.com/pyeongchang-2018-winter-olympics/mikaela-shiffrin-olympics/
Nice. My recording had just the 1st run, but I couldn’t keep the media blackout on for another day.

Except for a tiny slump just before these games, she was on a tear. Glad to see she figured some things out and is back to dominating the technical races. She has a very good shot at 4 medals or so, with 2 gold at least. She is scarily dominant in slalom as you know.

Edit - damn. Just read she’s not doing the Super G because of the messed up schedule. A medal will be tough in the DH, but she’s getting better at it

Last edited:
Nice. My recording had just the 1st run, but I couldn’t keep the media blackout on for another day.

Except for a tiny slump just before these games, she was on a tear. Glad to see she figured some things out and is back to dominating the technical races. She has a very good shot at 4 medals or so, with 2 gold at least. She is scarily dominant in slalom as you know.

Edit - damn. Just read she’s not doing the Super G because of the messed up schedule. A medal will be tough in the DH, but she’s getting better at it
I think her best chance for another medal is the combined. If she stays close in the DH portion she will clean up in the slalom run.

As an update, the U.S.A. remains in 5th in the medal count with 8 total (5 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze).

I'm watching men's figure skating tonight (free skate). It's such an elegant sport, but it's tough to see them wipe out. A Georgian skater fell four times in his routine tonight. Knowing how hard they work, the sacrifices they make, to get to this moment and falter like that just sucks.

Reactions: LionJim
If this guy Chen did 6 quads and no one else does one, he should get the gold by default. I never watch men's skating, but that was very impressive.

...and that's why I never watch figure skating, let alone men's figure skating. Six great quad jumps from Chen and he still gets screwed by the judges. Hell, at least the Flyers won again tonight.

...and that's why I never watch figure skating, let alone men's figure skating. Six great quad jumps from Chen and he still gets screwed by the judges. Hell, at least the Flyers won again tonight.
I hate figure skating judging but Chen lost this all on his own by being terrible in the short program. They both count. He probably finishes 5th.

I hate figure skating judging but Chen lost this all on his own by being terrible in the short program. They both count. He probably finishes 5th.

OK, thanks for the heads up.

Interesting how in certain events one gets 3 tries and only the best score counts, but others everything counts. Well, this must mean the Winter Games.

OK, thanks for the heads up.

Interesting how in certain events one gets 3 tries and only the best score counts, but others everything counts. Well, this must mean the Winter Games.
I call the 3 try sports exhibition sports. Designed to get them to do insane stuff. Make all 3 tries count and they lose a lot of the insanity. Insanity sells tickets. I'll take ski racing every day or any sport played against the clock or each other.

Reactions: scbob
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT