ADVERTISEMENT

WINTER. OLYMPICS.

The move to win the Hockey game in the shootout was as good as you'll ever see. I am talking about the USA's final shootout goal and the goalie's stop of the next shot as well.

Also the Cross Country Skiing event last night was what sports was all about. USA had never won a medal, let alone a gold, in this particular event. After securing, at least, a bronze, the US gals looked like they had no shot several times down the stretch. And then Diggins took over and closed like a mother in the last 100 meters to win the gold in, almost, a photo finish (or is it Finnish). Awesome event.
Hell, we had only 1 medal in cross country altogether in the entire history of the WO - a legendary silver by Vermonter Bill Koch in 76. What those ladies did was truly historic and Diggins did shift gears like Secretariat

I like this one

1112DigginsJessie-XL1.jpg
Great photo of her. But has nobody pointed out the ski photo has no snow?

Somehow, the U.S. men took the gold in curling. I don't follow the sport, but that seems to be a surprise.

As these Winter Olympics wind down, the U.S. stands fourth in the medal count with 23 (9 gold, 8 silver, 6 bronze). Norway leads the pack with 38 medals, followed by Germany and Canada, each with 28 medals, and then the U.S.

Somehow, the U.S. men took the gold in curling. I don't follow the sport, but that seems to be a surprise.

As these Winter Olympics wind down, the U.S. stands fourth in the medal count with 23 (9 gold, 8 silver, 6 bronze). Norway leads the pack with 38 medals, followed by Germany and Canada, each with 28 medals, and then the U.S.
The first gold medal for the US curling team. And only their second medal (bronze) ever.

She did it again. Golden girl Ester Ledecke of the Czech Republic won another gold; last week in the women's Alpine Super G, and yesterday in the snowboarding parallel giant slalom. She is the first woman to win gold medals in two different sports at one Winter Games.
Ledecka_Ausfallschritt_str.jpg

She did it again. Golden girl Ester Ledecke of the Czech Republic won another gold; last week in the women's Alpine Super G, and yesterday in the snowboarding parallel giant slalom. She is the first woman to win gold medals in two different sports at one Winter Games.
Ledecka_Ausfallschritt_str.jpg
To me, this is one of the biggest accomplishments in Olympic history. I think she'll be the only one to do this for quite some time.

Reactions: We Are . . .
Norway with an Olympic record 39 medals. How.

Outdoor sports are big in Norway. We were in Oslo this year the same weekend they ran the Oslo Marathon. It was incredible to see how many people crowded into downtown to participate and cheer on friends and relatives. They also have excellent training facilities for their Olympic athletes. The Holmenkollen ski jump is located in Oslo and they hold an international Nordic skiing competition at Holmenkollen every year. How many other world capitals can boast a world class ski jump?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT