ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the first #1 seed to lose?

Guesses for who will be the first 1 seed to lose ....

• 125 Lee

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 133 Gross

Votes: 52 25.7%
  • 141 Nope

• 149 Sasso

Votes: 84 41.6%
  • 157 Deakin

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • 165 Not gonna happen

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 174 Kemerer

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • 184 Sorry

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • 197 Moore

• 285 Parris

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
Sasso would seem the most likely do to his lack of offense. Great defense and counter wrestler but a lot of close matches.

Gross has the toughest draw for sure. I’m very interested in seeing how Joey Silva does against Gross in the second round. Silva doesn’t have many matches so it’s tough to gauge but he was a top recruit out of high school even beating RBY at WNO. That’s Grosses first match, then he gets Seabass followed by RBY or DeSanto. Crazy tough draw. I actually think that when healthy Sebastian Rivera is the best kid in the weight. We have no idea how healthy he is though so I see Gross pulling it out. RBY in the finals where RBY finishes a bit quicker and wins a super exciting match. If Gross wins and looks good doing it he should be OW because I don’t see anyone with a draw that tough.

I chose Gross. He wrestles before Sasso in the semis and SeaBass wins that one.

Here is a question;

Could Spencer Lee win 133lbs this year?

Reactions: diggerpup
Sasso when Verk takes him out in the quarters.

I mean, only the most homertastic answer will do, right?

Very could seriously make the finals or go 0-2 and I wouldn’t be surprised either way. Not sure I can say that about anyone else. The bracket is set up great for him but every match is very tough as well. I can see him losing to Yayha but this is a match he should win. Sasso is obviously favored but it was OT last match. It seems like Verk has been rounding into form and I know Cael will have him peaking so I feel more confident in him now than I have all season.

Here is a question;

I don’t think so at all. Spencer is incredible but I think Seabass has his number and I think Gross would be too big. The top guys at 133 won’t get etched in the first and will probably keep it close through 1. If you do that against Spencer than you can beat him in the second and third for sure. I see Gross and actually DeSanto as well wearing him down and winning late. I think Spencer is a horrible matchup for RBY unfortunately. Overall, 133 is just so deep with so much talent. When everyone is healthy I think Seabass is the best of them all.

Gross will be the first to lose in a super tough bracket. Sasso will be next.
Bracket buster special: Verk makes the finals. Book it!

Reactions: nitlion6
I don’t think so at all. Spencer is incredible but I think Seabass has his number and I think Gross would be too big. The top guys at 133 won’t get etched in the first and will probably keep it close through 1. If you do that against Spencer than you can beat him in the second and third for sure. I see Gross and actually DeSanto as well wearing him down and winning late. I think Spencer is a horrible matchup for RBY unfortunately. Overall, 133 is just so deep with so much talent. When everyone is healthy I think Seabass is the best of them all.

Fair enough. Do you think ADS beats Spencer if they wrestle? If Spencer Lee wrestled in place of ADS in the B1G, where do you think he'd finish?

Understand Seabass might have Spencer’s number, but I refuse to believe the hype after watching Mueller ride him like a mule last March.

Fair enough. Do you think ADS beats Spencer if they wrestle? If Spencer Lee wrestled in place of ADS in the B1G, where do you think he'd finish?
I think Spencer is undoubtably better than ADS but DeSantos pace is a wildcard. If he can stay off his back and push the match into the 3rd period I can see Spencer fading badly. Still, if I had to pick I’m going to pick Spencer. I just think the 2 guys that are bad matchups for Spencer are Seabass and Gross. Can he beat both of them? Sure. Spencer is one of the best but as of today if they were all in the same bracket I’m picking Sebastian Rivera and Gross over Spencer Lee. I would love to see a match between ADS and Lee though. So intriguing about how their styles matchup now.

I think Spencer is undoubtably better than ADS but DeSantos pace is a wildcard. If he can stay off his back and push the match into the 3rd period I can see Spencer fading badly. Still, if I had to pick I’m going to pick Spencer. I just think the 2 guys that are bad matchups for Spencer are Seabass and Gross. Can he beat both of them? Sure. Spencer is one of the best but as of today if they were all in the same bracket I’m picking Sebastian Rivera and Gross over Spencer Lee. I would love to see a match between ADS and Lee though. So intriguing about how their styles matchup now.

If they’re all in the same bracket (i.e. 57 kg) I’m taking Spencer and neither is within 4 points of him.

Reactions: Sett1997
If Spencer could be a 133# and healthy yes he would beat them.
If Gross meets Spencer in olympic trails Spencer will beat him just
like he did all the others. Just my thoughts on this .

Spencer’s top game + DeSanto’s delicate emotions ?

I bet Spencer Lee mops the mats in Iowa’s practice room daily with DeSanto’s crocodile tears.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
I went with Gross just because 133 is stacked and he is so damn skinny this year from trying to stay around 57kgs. Also Sasso just because his style. Brooks has the lightest resume of all these guys but his class isn't very tough.

Here is a question;

I think so. Gross and his size is interesting. Can't wait to see it in the trials if it happens. It would be disingenuous to say he can't when Lee beat the most recent 133lb champ in a tougher field.
I think Riveria, RBY, desanto and Gross would all be tough matches in their own ways.

I want to see a healthy Riveria vs RBY. The two quickest guys out there. Would love it.

Understand Seabass might have Spencer’s number, but I refuse to believe the hype after watching Mueller ride him like a mule last March.
Rivera would not have to worry about getting out from Spencer riding legs, since Spencer does not ride legs.

I think so. Gross and his size is interesting. Can't wait to see it in the trials if it happens. It would be disingenuous to say he can't when Lee beat the most recent 133lb champ in a tougher field.
I think Riveria, RBY, desanto and Gross would all be tough matches in their own ways.

I want to see a healthy Riveria vs RBY. The two quickest guys out there. Would love it.
Lee cruised in Texas with six former NCAA champs in his bracket.

Rivera would not have to worry about getting out from Spencer riding legs, since Spencer does not ride legs.
I don't think any college wrestler at 25 has Lee's number anymore. I don't think any USA 57 Kg wrestler has Lee's number either.
We will see.
He just looks a cut above. I realize Bass isn't 33, Lee part of the reason? I don't know, but it's possible.
Lee seems to crank it up when it matters most.
Got my ticket to the team trials at Bryce Jordan, looking forward to finding out and Bantering with PSU and other great wrestling fans!

Last edited:
I don't think any college wrestler at 25 has Lee's number anymore. I don't think any USA 57 Kg wrestler has Lee's number either.
We will see.
He just looks a cut above. I realize Bass isn't 33, Lee part of the reason? I don't know, but it's possible.
Lee seems to crank it up when it matters most.
Got my ticket to the team trials at Bryce Jordan, looking forward to finding out and Bantering with PSU and other great wrestling fans!
I see no reason to pick against Spencer Lee.

My only point is that Mueller's leg riding shouldn't be held against Rivera in a matchup against Spencer, since Spencer does not ride legs at all. It would be like picking someone to lose to Ed Ruth because of leg riding Ruth never used.

I see no reason to pick against Spencer Lee.

My only point is that Mueller's leg riding shouldn't be held against Rivera in a matchup against Spencer, since Spencer does not ride legs at all. It would be like picking someone to lose to Ed Ruth because of leg riding Ruth never used.
Just seems like Lee turns into a machine when it counts the most. I seriously believe if he faced bass in the finals last year it would have been the same 5-1 type scenario as the year before with Suriano in the finals. He looks gassed a few times during the season then at NCAA he never looks gassed. Like in Texas, he destroyed the field that included Six former NCAA champions. I know that's freestyle , but when it counts he just seems to go into beast mode.
Not really surprising , he's a two time NCAA champ, Rivera zero. Three time world champ in cadet and junior combined. Rivera zero.
Kid is a freak, PA boy. You guys definitely put out some animals!!

Last edited:
Just seems like Lee turns into a machine when it counts the most. I seriously believe if he faced bass in the finals last year it would have been the same 5-1 type scenario as the year before with Suriano in the finals. He looks gassed a few times during the season then at NCAA he never looks gassed. Like in Texas, he destroyed the field that included Six former NCAA champions. I know that's freestyle , but when it counts he just seems to go into beast mode.
Not really surprising , he's a two time NCAA champ, Rivera zero. Three time world champ in cadet and junior combined. Rivera zero.
Kid is a freak, PA boy. You guys definitely put out some animals!!
I pick Verkleeren over Sasso. Seriously. That's my prediction. He's better than we all give him credit for. You'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT