ADVERTISEMENT

What's Micah contemplating with this Tweet?

No one can honestly dispute that these are unprecedented times. If Micah really wants back in, it would be far beyond playing hardball to deny him that opportunity. If any circumstances call for widespread leniency, it's a global pandemic.

I totally agree. Heck, at this point Curtis Enis should try to give back his suit and come play another year for us ;)

If he truly wanted to “opt in”, I would think the NCAA has set a precedent for doing things against the rules.
Unfortunately, both I’m thinking of deal with the suckeyes.
Young’s “repayment” of the loan.
Fields’ transfer being deemed hardship.
Get a lawyer, threaten lawsuit and it should be granted.

OL

the team could take a player back if they didn't already engage an agent and had room in 85. the NCAA has always been firm on taking $$$ from an agent.

In some situations maybe but I am pretty sure there will be exceptions. The BIG said they were cancelling and not considering starting up again. This isn’t a normal year.

Bateman from Minny seeking a "waiver". I think he has an agent and has taken $$$. assume he will have to pay the $$ and cancel the agent.

the team could take a player back if they didn't already engage an agent and had room in 85. the NCAA has always been firm on taking $$$ from an agent.
Have they established a firm stance on one-year, long time family friends who also happen to be agents who give players money? It will not be difficult to get back in if he wants to.

"the NCAA has always been firm on ...( fill in the blank)"

You haven't been paying attention, have you?

All these NCAA "rules" are crumbling to the ground. Player transfers, player eligibility, player likeness, etc etc. Practically speaking, there are no "rules", especially in the year of Covid19.

If Micah wants back in, I have no doubt he will be given approval to do so.

Micah is partying with Lavar Arrington and Navarro Bowman in Las Vegas right now. They all flew there on a private jet, believed to be owned by a financial advisor to NB.

I wouldn't think those are the actions of someone who is looking to get approved to go back and play college football.

They are discussing the merits of returning for your junior season! Right?

Would they be considered boosters and would that all be violations or does that not matter because he opted out?

Would they be considered boosters and would that all be violations or does that not matter because he opted out?

certainly doesn’t bode well for opting back in, but now is the time to challenge the ncaa on everything. They have no power

So any player that will be a top 10 pick after their True Freshman and Sophomore seasons should just sit out their 3rd year according to you guys.

He was a first team All American......as a sophomore. I think he’ll figure out the whole LB thing.
I mean, we’re not arguing whether not another year of playing would help him as a player are we? Because it’s undeniable to me that it absolutely would. He’s a top ten pick on physical ability and a productive season. Another season of playing would definitely help him be better prepared to play at a higher level in the NFL right off the bat.

Is he playing in the NFL this year?

Only because the rules don't allow true sophomores to declare.

We aren't talking about a guy who is borderline getting selected. His success in the NFL is not guaranteed, but getting drafted high is.

I mean, we’re not arguing whether not another year of playing would help him as a player are we? Because it’s undeniable to me that it absolutely would. He’s a top ten pick on physical ability and a productive season. Another season of playing would definitely help him be better prepared to play at a higher level in the NFL right off the bat.

The post I responded to said "he needs to continue to learn the position".

Well no kidding. Every prospect in every draft needs to continue to learn their position to have success at the next level. Nobody enters the draft having mastered their craft.

But that doesn't mean the only way to do that is to play a third year -- particularly if he had any hesitation re: COVID or believes it's not worth the risk for a truncated season that may very well get cut short anyway.

So, statements like "he needs a third year" are not accurate. No, he doesn't "need" a third year.

The post I responded to said "he needs to continue to learn the position".

Well no kidding. Every prospect in every draft needs to continue to learn their position to have success at the next level. Nobody enters the draft having mastered their craft.

But that doesn't mean the only way to do that is to play a third year -- particularly if he had any hesitation re: COVID or believes it's not worth the risk for a truncated season that may very well get cut short anyway.

So, statements like "he needs a third year" are not accurate. No, he doesn't "need" a third year.

He played 2 years of college and 0 in HS at LB. He has little experience compared to most prospects.

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
This is not the face of a guy thinking over a return to college. Once you get the taste of the good life it’s very hard to give it up. While I think he would be a great re-add to the team, I wish Micah all the best getting ready for the draft. That is a plane full of 11s.

You and I aren't the only ones thinking like that. If you pay attention to what was said by Parsons, Franklin, and Pry when this all went down, it was very clear that Franklin and Pry both felt MP should come back to PSU for his third year. Yes, they (Franklin and Pry) eventually issued the supportive press releases, but there is no question they felt he should return from a development perspective - probably on and off the field.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
That's some serious PSU LB badass in one place ! No fun there 🙃

Last edited:
And yet NFL professionals will draft him ahead of virtually every other LB. Do you know something they don’t?
Lol, thanks for reminding me that there’s some sanity left on this board.

The stupidity I read on this board day in and day out really makes me wonder what it says about me that I keep coming back.

Lol, thanks for reminding me that there’s some sanity left on this board.

The stupidity I read on this board day in and day out really makes me wonder what it says about me that I keep coming back.

Car wreck. Can’t look away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT