ADVERTISEMENT

What? No Super Bowl game thread?

Parks and Recs reunion on the Baja Blast commercial.

Oh, the game? Let's go 49ers. Tired of sports dynasties.

Amazing how little interest in the game.

The half time show was spectacular. Tremendous choreography. And the camera work in the middle of that ‘chaos’ was spot on. Can’t imagine how much planning and rehearsal that took.

If the Eagles couldn't be in it I've always liked Andy Reid and the Chiefs, but I've had enough of the Kelcie's (both of them), Mahomes and his wife, and especially Taylor Swift (ugh!). Go 49'ers!!!

As an aside, what a coincidence, with all the undeserved attention from this entire Taylor Swift blitz, Mahomes' unattractive and unphotogenic wife gets a SI photo shoot.

If the Eagles couldn't be in it I've always liked Andy Reid and the Chiefs, but I've had enough of the Kelcie's (both of them), Mahomes and his wife, and especially Taylor Swift (ugh!). Go 49'ers!!!

As an aside, what a coincidence, with all the undeserved attention from this entire Taylor Swift blitz, Mahomes' unattractive and unphotogenic wife gets a SI photo shoot.
So how does KC losing change any of that?

LOL if she was a progressive woman, she would be among the most attractive. PS all beauty comes from the heart. She is very beautiful.

LOL if she was a progressive woman, she would be among the most attractive. PS all beauty comes from the heart. She is very beautiful.
What does politics have to do with this? She is unattractive. Look at her, she is not attractive and not photogenic. She wouldn't have that photoshoot without all this Taylor Swift nonsense. Progressive woman LOL

What does politics have to do with this? She is unattractive. Look at her, she is not attractive and not photogenic. She wouldn't have that photoshoot without all this Taylor Swift nonsense. Progressive woman LOL
You see the world thru a black ugly heart. Your comments about her are false AND I said nothing about Taylor. I wish her well. She seems to be doing well. Good for her.
Liberal Karens are ugly. The hatred in their hearts is splattered across their face. You can't have real beauty without grace. God bless.

She's married to the best player on the planet. So...no you're reaching. She's always had plenty of attention.

Was certainly a good game. Hard fought. Defenses exhausted. Couple of momentum shifts.

The Niners losing their middle linebacker early to a fluke Achilles hurt them a lot.

Did their offensive guard that got hurt in the second quarter come back?
The Niners were jumping around like fools throughout the early part of the game. I hate to see anyone get hurt, but it is sort of poetic justice.

The Niners were jumping around like fools throughout the early part of the game. I hate to see anyone get hurt, but it is sort of poetic justice.
Kelce acts the fool constantly. Where's his justice? They got a PAT blocked and couldn't stay out of the way of a punt. This was giftwrapped for SF and they refused it at the door. Returned to sender.

No injury had anything to do with it. Three or four straight SF possessions resulting in punts late. They peed down their legs.

Next year it will be the Jets if A-Rod is healthy. Big story. The story rules the game but it could have been different if SF didn't suck. Game should never have gone OT and when it did you knew it was over. Keep an eye out for who is dating a movie star or some media darling. That's who will thrive in the NFL. They even used graphics tonight trying to compare Mahomes to Brady which is a ridiculous comparison but that's how it works.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Kelce acts the fool constantly. Where's his justice? They got a PAT blocked and couldn't stay out of the way of a punt. This was giftwrapped for SF and they refused it at the door. Returned to sender.

No injury had anything to do with it. Three or four straight SF possessions resulting in punts late. They peed down their legs.

Next year it will be the Jets if A-Rod is healthy. Big story. The story rules the game but it could have been different if SF didn't suck. Game should never have gone OT and when it did you knew it was over. Keep an eye out for who is dating a movie star or some media darling. That's who will thrive in the NFL. They even used graphics tonight trying to compare Mahomes to Brady which is a ridiculous comparison but that's how it works.
Keep an eye out for one of the best QBs in the league to win. Maybe Mahomes again.

The Jets….that’s gold, Jerry, gold!

So injuries had no affect? The key play of the winning drive was Kielce getting wide open and taking it down to the ten yd line……..the linebacker trying to cover him and got burned on a move was the back up..

Other huge play was the punt that hit a blockers foot that the Chiefs recovered at that fifteen or so. That’s football….always a fluke play or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obliviax
The Jets….that’s gold, Jerry, gold!

So injuries had no affect? The key pay of the winning drive was Kielce getting wide open and taking it down to the ten yd line……..the linebacker trying to cover him and got burned on a move was the back up..

Other huge play was the punt that hit a blockers foot that the Chiefs recovered at that fifteen or so. That’s football….always a fluke play or two.
yep, agreed. Some things that jumped out at me:
  • four turnovers including an INT by the guy that never throws them in the playoffs and a fumble by a guy that never fumbles
  • Chiefs clearly outplayed the 9ers statistically 455 to 382 total yards
  • Crazy decision to take the ball in OT
  • Purdy playing a pretty weak game, for him. 12 yards rushing and only 23 of 38
  • 49ers not being able to pick up blitzes late in the game. I recall an OL getting hurt in the 3rd quarter but didn't see if he made it back.
With all of that, the real difference in the game was Mahomes. I hate that QBs get way too much credit but he was 34 for 46 for 333 yards passing, plus he ran for 66 yards (two on critical plays).

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
yep, agreed. Some things that jumped out at me:
  • four turnovers including an INT by the guy that never throws them in the playoffs and a fumble by a guy that never fumbles
  • Chiefs clearly outplayed the 9ers statistically 455 to 382 total yards
  • Crazy decision to take the ball in OT
  • Purdy playing a pretty weak game, for him. 12 yards rushing and only 23 of 38
  • 49ers not being able to pick up blitzes late in the game. I recall an OL getting hurt in the 3rd quarter but didn't see if he made it back.
With all of that, the real difference in the game was Mahomes. I hate that QBs get way too much credit but he was 34 for 46 for 333 yards passing, plus he ran for 66 yards (two on critical plays).
I thought Purdy played well for his first time on that stage. Chris Jones made his life tough though.

I thought Purdy played well for his first time on that stage. Chris Jones made his life tough though.
you make a good point. I guess, in comparison to Mahomes, he was substantially outplayed. We also have to remember that the 49ers were getting throttled by the Lions who choked the game away. Going in, I thought the key to the game was the Chiefs stopping the 49ers running game (Samuel and McCaffrey). They ended up with only 110 yards rushing and Purdy, who has done a lot with his feet in the playoffs, only had 12

Reactions: LandoComando

Unless you have been living under a rock, Kelce was a great player who thrived BEFORE he started dating Swift. As for the rest of your post, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, what a wonderful Christmas it would be.

Unless you have been living under a rock, Kelce was a great player who thrived BEFORE he started dating Swift. As for the rest of your post, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, what a wonderful Christmas it would be.
right. Hall of Famer. In fact, lots of speculation that he will announce his retirement so he and his brother can go into the HoF at the same time.

right. Hall of Famer. In fact, lots of speculation that he will announce his retirement so he and his brother can go into the HoF at the same time.

Travis and Jason both on the downside physically, not the players they were 3 years ago -- would be so great if they both turn down the money and retire hopefully with intact brains.

The Travis/Andy Reid bump incident was such an extraordinary moment and I thought showed what a great coach Reid is that he didn't even let it break his concentration. He just let Travis have his little tantrum. Reid understood how important the game was for Travis, that it might be his last football game, couldn't say that publicly but that's what it was. There are times you ignore player insubordination in the Super Bowl and that's one of them.

And Mahomes OMG. Greatest pressure performance by a quarterback I've seen this side of Joe Montana (though "pressure" has no meaning to Mahomes). He had the game won earlier if not for a lot of player mistakes -- Chiefs basically beat themselves and Mahomes overcame that and a tremendous SF d-line and all of SF's all-pros and STILL won. If Moody hadn't missed the PA you know Mahomes would have just won it earlier because he and Reid would have found a way.

And that last play call from Andy Reid -- Romo was right to go crazy about it, it was so brilliant, such a simple thing, looks so easy -- that's the essence of great offensive coaching and execution. You see stuff like that and wonder why MY coach doesn't think of stuff like that when you need a 3 yard TD, but there's not many Andy Reids in the world. They actually knew the SF secondary to a man and exactly how they would react in certain situations, and what defense they'd be in and then think of this little 1 second precision maneuver that would fool somebody and produce a breakdown.

Last edited:
Travis and Jason both on the downside physically, not the players they were 3 years ago -- would be so great if they both turn down the money and retire hopefully with intact brains.

The Travis/Andy Reid bump incident was such an extraordinary moment and I thought showed what a great coach Reid is that he didn't even let it break his concentration. He just let Travis have his little tantrum. Reid understood how important the game was for Travis, that it might be his last football game, couldn't say that publicly but that's what it was. There are times you ignore player insubordination in the Super Bowl and that's one of them.

And Mahomes at the end of that game OMG. That might have been the greatest pressure performance by a quarterback this side of Joe Montana (though you can see Mahomes doesn't even notice pressure). He had the game won earlier if not for a lot of player mistakes -- Chiefs basically beat themselves and Mahomes overcame that and all of SF's all-pros and STILL won the game. If Moody hadn't missed the PA you know Mahomes would have just won it earlier because he and Reid would have found a way.

And that last play call from Andy Reid -- Romo was right to go crazy about it, it was so brilliant, such a simple thing, looks so easy -- that's the essence of great offensive coaching and execution. You see stuff like that and wonder why MY coach doesn't think of stuff like that when you need a 3 yard TD, but there's not many Andy Reids in the world.
Agree. But Travis is still Mahomes "go to" guy. Travis led the Chiefs in receptions and yards after a slow start. In fact, he led both teams with 9 receptions for 93 yards and had half of a tackle.

And Mahomes OMG. Greatest pressure performance by a quarterback I've seen this side of Joe Montana (though "pressure" has no meaning to Mahomes). He had the game won earlier if not for a lot of player mistakes -- Chiefs basically beat themselves and Mahomes overcame that and a tremendous SF d-line and all of SF's all-pros and STILL won. If Moody hadn't missed the PA you know Mahomes would have just won it earlier because he and Reid would have found a way.

And that last play call from Andy Reid -- Romo was right to go crazy about it, it was so brilliant, such a simple thing, looks so easy -- that's the essence of great offensive coaching and execution. You see stuff like that and wonder why MY coach doesn't think of stuff like that when you need a 3 yard TD, but there's not many Andy Reids in the world. They actually knew the SF secondary to a man and exactly how they would react in certain situations, and what defense they'd be in and then think of this little 1 second precision maneuver that would fool somebody and produce a breakdown.
He is living his dream and will not want to wake up and leave it now. Very few quit while they are still the best. Plus $$$$$$$$$$

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT