ADVERTISEMENT

Official Thread: THE Game. Army/Navy

Psubiomed

Jul 25, 2021
Who ya got? Sold out at Gillette stadium. FIRED UP THIS IS MY FAVORITE GAME EVERY YEAR!

The only game all year where every single player on both teams would lay down their lives for every single fan in the stadium and viewer on television.

What makes this the “OFFICIAL THREAD”? Isn’t that a little pretentious? Anyway as a Marine Corps veteran I’m taking Navy. Even though I never cared for those sissy gobs.

Who ya got? Sold out at Gillette stadium. FIRED UP THIS IS MY FAVORITE GAME EVERY YEAR!

The only game all year where every single player on both teams would lay down their lives for every single fan in the stadium and viewer on television.
Exactly, "The Game". All others pale in comparison. The intro this year was outstanding!

And Navy once again has the better uniform and helmet design for "The Game"

Interception Army! Cadets going INSANE...
Before that incomplete pass Army, Midshipmen went NUTS!

Man I love this game, it is the greatest game in all of football. Gillette is PACKED for a game between two 5-6 teams. That's why this is THE GAME

Reactions: RickinDayton
If anyone ever doubted how big this game is….. Bill Belichech is wearing a very dapper suit and tie! Never saw him so spiffy before!
The magnanimous prick got downright sentimental during game day...I tell you this game just means more...

The term gob allegedly came from 2 sources.

Sailors were said to eat quickly gobbling their food. They also were reputed to smoke and chew tobacco and spit a lot, spit being a gob.

Reactions: Psubiomed
This is what all college football games should be, but we the fans blew that….and guys like you are right at the top of the reasons why it got ruined.

Cheating ruined it, and has gone on forever. Pitt used professionals on their off days back when they claim those BS national championships. Notre Dame had Kanoot the root Rockne who bet his own and other games and ran tip sheets.

The crap about Kanoot dying in a plane crash is accurate except for the BS in Kanoot All American. He was flying to set up a money deal, not going to testify about clean college sports. He procured women, liquor, cars and money for his players. That manure about Gipp was also Hollywood fantasy. Gipp went out to get drunk and laid, and a door normally unlocked was locked. He was found in a snow bank. Win one for the Gipper= pure BS.

This is what all college football games should be, but we the fans blew that….and guys like you are right at the top of the reasons why it got ruined.
You are entitled to your opinion. Frankly I don't give a shit. I'm enjoying the game. I do find it sad and unfortunate though, that you jumped into this thread, which I began, that holds nothing but love and respect, just to throw out a personal insult that has nothing to do with anything at all in this post.

Living outside of Annapolis for many years, I have quite the affinity for the naval Academy. I’ve also had students that I have coached who have played in this game on both sides. Anyone who has been to Annapolis the week prior to this game knows how fun this game is.

You are entitled to your opinion. Frankly I don't give a shit. I'm enjoying the game. I do find it sad and unfortunate though, that you jumped into this thread, which I began, that holds nothing but love and respect, just to throw out a personal insult that has nothing to do with anything at all in this post.
It has everything to do with this post….you’re spouting off about this game like it’s the greatest event ever when realistically the game means nothing. That’s what college football should be…but guys like you make 10-2 seem like a failure and that the only thing that matters is winning every game. Double standard much?

Reactions: 81b&w
Living outside of Annapolis for many years, I have quite the affinity for the naval Academy. I’ve also had students that I have coached who have played in this game on both sides. Anyone who has been to Annapolis the week prior to this game knows how fun this game is.
Also lived in Annapolis environs for over 10 years. Got married there. Had the grooms wedding day party before the wedding at the inner harbor. A few feet away from a liquor store. Police came by and told us it was time to leave. Many good times in Annapolis. Good friend who graduated from the Academy has a son serving on boomers and his second son is currently there. I drove by the stadium on my way to work across the river from the Academy for a couple years. Also worked for the Army which was my best job. Easy to root for both teams.

It has everything to do with this post….you’re spouting off about this game like it’s the greatest event ever when realistically the game means nothing. That’s what college football should be…but guys like you make 10-2 seem like a failure and that the only thing that matters is winning every game. Double standard much?
**** off asshole

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Now that the season is almost over, we all should use the next nine months to work on becoming better posters. You know what I mean. Getting the insults, anger and hatred for one another right up and out in the first post or so. You’re correct, too many of these drag on interminably.
Well…. ‘tis the season for Christmas miracles!🎄

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT