ADVERTISEMENT

Weeend Jukebox? Ok I'll start it...

I'll go there. 4.5 M views in a week (+ the ones they took away). Must be a reason.

I think this is Dolly's best song - and most autobiographical. Most people don't understand how poor her family was growing up. When they say "dirt poor", they usually mean it. Same w/ GC. He played guitar to get away from picking cotton. Both were from share cropper families (and I think 12 kids in each family).

Last edited:
Reactions: sluggo72
I have a friend who just moved out after a divorce, struggling a bit. I told him to listen to this one and he said it hit the spot.

I really liked this album - it was all about his breakup w/ daryl hannah - who was even nuttier than Jackson was. Some great songs on this album though.
Yes, the ultimate breakup album. As opposed to Springsteen’s Tunnel of Love album, which is the ultimate “you don’t know this yet, but we’re going to be breaking up really soon” album.

Last edited:
Yes, the ultimate breakup album. As opposed to Springsteen’s Tunnel of Love album, which is the ultimate “you don’t know this yet, but we’re going to be breaking up really soon” album.
Great album.

We stood at the altar, the gypsy swore our future was right
But come the wee wee hours, well maybe, baby, the gypsy lied

Great audience recording from the 1977 shows from the LA Forum. Added bonus is Keith Moon playing drums with John Bonhan on a few songs, that's outrageous! Very nice slide show of pics during the show.

Never seen this before. ONJ was a drummer like Karen Carpenter. Not nearly as accomplished, but...Go figure...

Last edited:
Reactions: 91Joe95
This is a pretty cool mash-up. The group behind these is really good. Check out their other work.

As I recall, "Gouge Away" by Pixies (Pixies, not The Pixies) was used in a Lost TV episode in a flashback involving the Jack Shephard character. I had both the "Doolittle" cassette (which "Gouge Away" was on) and the "Trompe Le Monde" cassette back in the day. I've gotten rid of all my music (cassettes, LPs, etc) because it's all for free on Youtube and elsewhere but I unfortunately didn't make a list of all I had before I got rid of it so sometimes I forget something. I'm going to have to Youtube those two albums and listen to them again.

Reactions: PSU Mike
As I recall, "Gouge Away" by Pixies (Pixies, not The Pixies) was used in a Lost TV episode in a flashback involving the Jack Shephard character. I had both the "Doolittle" cassette (which "Gouge Away" was on) and the "Trompe Le Monde" cassette back in the day. I've gotten rid of all my music (cassettes, LPs, etc) because it's all for free on Youtube and elsewhere but I unfortunately didn't make a list of all I had before I got rid of it so sometimes I forget something. I'm going to have to Youtube those two albums and listen to them again.
Surfer Rosa is one of the great albums of the last 40 years. “Gigantic” is a favorite of mine.

Like, the name of the band is Talking Heads. And then there are The Smashing Pumpkins. Which coincidentally I was at Billy Corgan’s tea house Madame Zuzu’s yesterday.

To avoid flags ...

Reactions: 91Joe95 and jp3272
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT