ADVERTISEMENT

Landon Tengwell has a bright future....

NealPaige

Dec 29, 2016
Was listening to Keystone Sports Network yesterday driving through State College...

Jimmy had an interesting proposition on NIL/Transfer portal, and sought Landon's perspective on his idea as a D1 college football player.

He asked Landon, the number of players, who would opt IN if the collective offered each player 100k per year, for a 3 year contractual commitment to the university, guaranteed to play at that university...+ scholarship for that term of the contract. Versus who would not accept that agreement to essentially become a free agent every year with the opportunity to transfer freely. Basically 85 players x $100k per year equivalent to Franklin's annual salary.

Landon estimated 75-80% of players would make that commitment. Shaking my head as a 60 year old still working hard, that is what is being discussed for 18 year olds...with a scholarship. But that is the state of college football in 2024. Landon is very articulate, sounded like I was listening to a seasoned, on air radio analyst/commentator. Very mature young man, wish he was still playing but he'll move on and have a wonderful career in whichever path life takes him.

Was listening to Keystone Sports Network yesterday driving through State College...

Jimmy had an interesting proposition on NIL/Transfer portal, and sought Landon's perspective on his idea as a D1 college football player.

He asked Landon, the number of players, who would opt IN if the collective offered each player 100k per year, for a 3 year contractual commitment to the university, guaranteed to play at that university...+ scholarship for that term of the contract. Versus who would not accept that agreement to essentially become a free agent every year with the opportunity to transfer freely. Basically 85 players x $100k per year equivalent to Franklin's annual salary.

Landon estimated 75-80% of players would make that commitment. Shaking my head as a 60 year old still working hard, that is what is being discussed for 18 year olds...with a scholarship. But that is the state of college football in 2024. Landon is very articulate, sounded like I was listening to a seasoned, on air radio analyst/commentator. Very mature young man, wish he was still playing but he'll move on and have a wonderful career in whichever path life takes him.
I followed his high school career as I used to teach with my wife in Olney, Md..He was a strong PSU committed player for a long time. Unfortunately God had a different plan.

I followed his high school career as I used to teach with my wife in Olney, Md..He was a strong PSU committed player for a long time. Unfortunately God had a different plan.
At good counsel or Sherwood?

I was at Sherwood High School My wife was at Brooke Grove Elementary school. Hey, just remembered where you're at. My friends live right beside Rattlewood golf course. Is that your neck of the woods?

Reactions: bison13
I was at Sherwood High School My wife was at Brooke Grove Elementary school. Hey, just remembered where you're at. My friends live right beside Rattlewood golf course. Is that your neck of the woods?
Couple miles away

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT