ADVERTISEMENT

WE.ARE.DOOMED!

Now the worldwide popular (over 3 million hits per day) DailyMail website has highlighted the situation. See this link. Penn State is now the being laughed at by the whole world.

Historically, society has laughed at great thinkers who were ahead of their time. Eventually, those great thinkers got the last laugh. So it will be for barren and Penn State.

Reactions: bison13
Remember when people just lived their lives and didn't look to create issues out of every flipping thing? Especially the mundane, ordinary or near universally accepted things? Freshman, juniors, seniors these terms are offensive now? WTF kind of nightmare are we living in? Who gives a s*** about any of this? There are actual problems in the world that people could be directing outrage toward or expending effort to change. Instead we are wasting time and resources with this? Penn State Admins should be embarrassed for being associated with this woke nonsense. I know as a once proud alum that I am. I'll express my distaste through my donations or lack there of.

Last edited:
There are so many words that were once gender specific that have now evolved into gender neutral but if you look at them they have an ascribed gender to them so should they be done away with even if they have already lost their gender specific connotation? That seems to be a monumental waste of time but we are now at that pint in time.

Remember when people just lived their lives and didn't look to create issues out of every flipping thing? Especially the mundane, ordinary or near universally accepted things? Freshman, juniors, seniors these terms are offensive now? WTF kind of nightmare are we living in? Who gives a s*** about any of this? There are actual problems in the world that people could be directing outrage toward or expending effort to change. Instead we are wasting time and resources with this? Penn State Admins should be embarrassed for being associated with this woke nonsense. I know as a once proud alum that I am. I'll express my distaste through my donations or lack there of.
So you are creating an issue of this? So I guess you give a s***?

Imagine this spilling over to sports.

"And Player X, a redshirt 3rd year player"

Wait, can't call them redshirts anymore since "red" is racist.

Penn State Nixes Labels Such As ‘Freshman,’ ‘Junior,’ ‘Senior,’ Citing Lack Of Gender Inclusivity​

By Chrissy Clark

The resolution was signed by 26 professors and administrators.

Nearly 89 percent of students who voted in the election approved of the update

Am I understanding this right?

That 89% of Penn State students were even involved in this crap, let alone approving of it, tells you all you need to know about how far a Penn State education has fallen into the sh!tter.

Am I understanding this right?

That 89% of Penn State students were even involved in this crap, let alone approving of it, tells you all you need to know about how far a Penn State education has fallen into the sh!tter.
This far beyond a Penn State issue. These kids are taught this from kindergarten and up. It is academia as a whole, the entertainment industry, politics, media and more

Last edited:
Sounds like a bunch of people in this thread need a safe space to get over the trauma of this decision.
The thread is great, lots of funny stuff. I don’t understand the sensitivity of the people who champion this cause but I’m old and will cash in my chips soon enough. If this is the world they want, so be it.

However, they can take their wokism and stick it where the sun don’t shine. It’s just marxism in a different set of clothes.

WTF kind of nightmare are we living in? Who gives a s*** about any of this?

Have you noticed that the public rarely ever meets any of these people? They live in an insular world, never having to publicly explain or defend their decision making, despite it creating negative publicity. A decision like this, in any other field, would likely result in termination. In academia it goes unchallenged.

Reactions: BUFFALO LION
Well Penn State and removing class distinctions have now become a national joke. Geezus, Penn state can't get out of it's own way.

Fox News laughing at them now.

• Sad
Reactions: PSUfiji
People do realize that PSU is decades behind, and just catching up with this, right? Funny the nonsense with which people choose to upset themselves.

Reactions: NorthShoreLion
People do realize that PSU is decades behind, and just catching up with this, right? Funny the nonsense with which people choose to upset themselves.

PSU joins Harvard, the Cal system, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee as schools moving more towards gender neutral pronouns.

• Wow
Reactions: PSUfiji
PSU joins Harvard, the Cal system, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee as schools moving more towards gender neutral pronouns.
Mom: "If all of your friends jumped off of a bridge would you jump too?"

I think gender-neutral is understandable. The other stuff is loony toons.

Reactions: lions1995
What - do you think *I* went to Harvard or something?
giphy-1.gif

Reactions: Midnighter2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT