ADVERTISEMENT

WE.ARE.DOOMED!

heckmans

Feb 13, 2006
Sorry Bob, but we are actually doomed.
Describing students as Juniors and Seniors is part of the patriarchy and must be purged

Reactions: TJD88
This will have an immediate effect on broadcasters. New descriptive terms such as “first year participant”, “they caught the pass”, “defensive line person” must now be used in calling PSU games. No more offense, just “non aggressive forward movement”. Sidelines will continue to be called “boundaries” it’s just that one (sorry they) must ask permission from the diversity coordinators before crossing “them”. The good news is that Herbie won’t be able to say “physicality” as that will be deemed male centric.

Am I still an alum?
It reads like something you'd see in The Onion. Those in the academic world must have a lot of free time on their hands.

Yes, we're still alums. I guess. Not an alumnus. Not an alumna. We're not a group of alumni or alumnae. The catchall plural is alumni but since that's also used for men we can't use it. The shortened "alum" will make everyone happy. We're all astringents which is certainly applicable to the alum(ni) senate seeing how they're a bunch of tight asses.

"Vive la différence" is a thing of the past. Sad.

zenos_pub_best_dive_bars_in_pa_state_college_pennsylvania.jpg

If anybody doesn’t think the football team will go coed in our lifetimes, you’re not paying attention.

If anybody doesn’t think the football team will go coed in our lifetimes, you’re not paying attention.
Even though there are corresponding sports for both boys basketball and baseball, if a girl wants to try out for one of my teams that I coach I have to let her.
I've never had an issue with a girl or her parents about basketball but in baseball there was a girl and more specifically her father who wanted her to be on the baseball team just about more than life itself. The girl would have been a very good softball player as she had good speed and a pretty good arm she just couldn't hit baseball. The girl understood but her dad was crazy. She tried out again the next year after playing for an all-girls baseball team the entire summer before but any time she faced live pitching that was more than 70 miles an hour she couldn't touch it. I honestly think the girl could have been a scholarship level softball player if she had been doing that for most of her life but Dad wouldn't let it happen.

Even though there are corresponding sports for both boys basketball and baseball, if a girl wants to try out for one of my teams that I coach I have to let her.
I've never had an issue with a girl or her parents about basketball but in baseball there was a girl and more specifically her father who wanted her to be on the baseball team just about more than life itself. The girl would have been a very good softball player as she had good speed and a pretty good arm she just couldn't hit baseball. The girl understood but her dad was crazy. She tried out again the next year after playing for an all-girls baseball team the entire summer before but any time she faced live pitching that was more than 70 miles an hour she couldn't touch it. I honestly think the girl could have been a scholarship level softball player if she had been doing that for most of her life but Dad wouldn't let it happen.
You and your paternalistic attitude are central to the problem. In your reply you repeatedly used unacceptable terms and pronouns, such as boys, girl, parents and a host of others to odorous to repeat. Most repulsive of all was the the use of “ father and dad”. In the future please reference this particular entity as “ probable sperm donor “.

You and your paternalistic attitude are central to the problem. In your reply you repeatedly used unacceptable terms and pronouns, such as boys, girl, parents and a host of others to odorous to repeat. Most repulsive of all was the the use of “ father and dad”. In the future please reference this particular entity as “ probable sperm donor “.
Does that title work if the donor shoots blanks? Asking for a friend...

Mother Nature didn’t deal the cards dad wanted so he thinks he’ll just make up for it. Sad.

Ban “paternalistic”. Evokes thoughts of Joe Paterno.

Reactions: Thomas1945
This is what supposed intellectuals do with their time. Just think, this type of person (can I use that word? It has son in it which sounds paternalistic and thus oppressive) is responsible for educating our children. Just to believe that this is worth discussing, or writing about or voting on is beyond belief. They probably were getting paid to do this. The original poster is correct, we are doomed.

This is what supposed intellectuals do with their time. Just think, this type of person (can I use that word? It has son in it which sounds paternalistic and thus oppressive) is responsible for educating our children. Just to believe that this is worth discussing, or writing about or voting on is beyond belief. They probably were getting paid to do this. The original poster is correct, we are doomed.
There are really two very sad scenarios here.
1. Is that a majority of these individuals who as you mentioned are responsible for educating young people actually agree with this.
2. Only a small minority agreed and the majority were afraid to oppose it and be openly vilified by the wing nuts.

Excuse me: It’s Deze, Dems and Doze guys
no way, a few years ago I happened to be in a dorm at PSU and there was a bulletin board posting that reminded students not to use the term "guys" when referring to groups of people

for a short while it was the craziest thing I had seen

Reactions: kevin310
This doesn't seem real.

I don't even care. It is so stupid that thinking about it more than it being the face of a minority group of weirdos making themselves feel good then I might get pissed. Looking at it from the outside it is actually hilariously embarrassing to humans of all 18 gender identifications.

Man, this thread is funny. Glad I opened.

Anyway, while reviewing applications for a prestigious fellowship (in hard sciences), this was the first year I noticed nearly *everyone* include their preferred pronouns in their signature block. So, it was Jenny Smith, Ph.D., 'she/her', etc. Also the first year I heard the term 'water justice'....but, whatever - their world, just living in it.

Your parents shared this same sense of doom and gloom when you all were growing long hair, having premarital sex, and smoking pot. I wouldn't say everything turned out 'okay', but we survived. So will you (and everyone else). Stay woke!

tenor.gif

Wow, wonder if our esteemed university realizes the miracle they have performed. I believe this is the very first thread in which all....left...right....old...young......all races.....all genders(as self declared) ......pro spread..... I back field.....wing T......under center.......fullbacks........all agree! And there is no fighting!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT