ADVERTISEMENT

Waaaay too many bowl games!

The free market says we will have 40 bowl games.

Who are we to argue with capitalism?

FWIW, both Kansas vs Arkansas and Oregon vs UNC were wonderfully fun games tonight.

Couple years old but breaks down some of the bowl economics on a school level. Schools purchase their full allotment of tickets from the bowls so unsold tickets cost them money. Easy to see how schools in smaller conferences can end up in the red on bowl trips if they are eating thousands of tickets and don’t have the financial support of big conference payouts like the p5.

To each their own. I’ll be attending three bowl games this week. I enjoy seeing the traditions of different teams and the non-traditional matchups.

Don’t like them? Don’t watch. 🤷‍♂️
What games did/are you going to? Is it with fan interest or just geography (meaning you live nearby or are visiting a region?)

If you have no skin in the game do you pick a team to root for or just take it in? Maybe swayed by a good tailgate or hyped up fans?

I've enjoyed your away game travel pieces so I know you love college football... but 3 is a big commitment.

In any case- ENJOY! I'm sure you will.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
What games did/are you going to? Is it with fan interest or just geography (meaning you live nearby or are visiting a region?)

If you have no skin in the game do you pick a team to root for or just take it in? Maybe swayed by a good tailgate or hyped up fans?

I've enjoyed your away game travel pieces so I know you love college football... but 3 is a big commitment.

In any case- ENJOY! I'm sure you will.
Since we live in AZ, it’s fairly easy to do. The Guaranteed Rate Bowl and Fiesta are here in town. We have renewable seats for the GRB and usually go every year.

I gave up my renewable Fiesta tickets a few years ago. Secondary market is always cheaper and since I usually don’t care who wins, I’ll not particular about seat location.

And the last is the Rose this year. It’s an 6 hour drive to LA.

Last year we drove up to Vegas for the third game to see ASU vs Wisconsin.

Who I cheer for varies. Sometimes B1G. Sometimes against a certain team (I’m looking at you OSU). Sometimes the underdog. Sometimes it’s based on who we go with or who is sitting around us.

I find it’s much better to cheer for a team than not. You’re more invested and it makes the game more interesting. If you lose, so what.

If I really wanted to stretch it, we would drive the 90 minutes to Tucson for the Arizona Bowl today but that’s usually a matchup of MAC vs Mountain West. This year Ohio vs Wyoming. Meh.

I did a post about why I was giving up my Fiesta tix.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT