ADVERTISEMENT

Unofficial PSU vs MI thread

TenerHallTerror

Oct 18, 2016
kind of related to the bracketology thread so . . .

how is Penn State a 2.5 point favorite against a ranked MI team (theoretically) going to the NCAA tournament??

we need to spank them. MI has lost 3 of their last 4 road games . . .

Reactions: fairgambit

how is Penn State a 2.5 point favorite against a ranked MI team (theoretically) going to the NCAA tournament??

We're at home and Michigan isn't exactly a great team but they would add a very important quality win on the resume

It's crazy that before the game against Ohio State, I would have said Penn State should never be favored because of home court advantage, but that really has changed. Need the BJC packed tonight!!!!

WE ARE

There is more than goes into home court than just a crowd. Travel, familiarity with the environment, etc. Pomeroy does his home court advantage ratings based off of the last 120 games, and we're 90th in the country in HCA.

Are you willing to admit we're a good team yet? You cite everything but that, and have said we aren't very good within the last week and a half.

I don't even know how you define good? I guess we're good. We're also not a great team.

I don't even know how you define good? I guess we're good. We're also not a great team.

Well, I think being favored against a top 10 team and a top 25 team most likely means a team is good. Hard to imagine a bad team is favored against ranked opponents.

I expect if we somehow made the elite 8 you'd say "i guess we're great but we certainly aren't a fantastic team."

It's ok to just acknowledge you were wrong and its a really good team.

Early projections for tonight’s attendance is 13,000. +2K > Ohio state game.

It's crazy that before the game against Ohio State, I would have said Penn State should never be favored because of home court advantage, but that really has changed. Need the BJC packed tonight!!!!

WE ARE

Well, I think being favored against a top 10 team and a top 25 team most likely means a team is good. Hard to imagine a bad team is favored against ranked opponents.

I expect if we somehow made the elite 8 you'd say "i guess we're great but we certainly aren't a fantastic team."

It's ok to just acknowledge you were wrong and its a really good team.

Good teams make the NCAA. I don't believe we've earned that. if we make it then I'll acknowledge we're a good team despite the lack of quality wins. This absolutely isn't a great team--there's no depth. You let me know when we make the Elite 8--I'm still waiting to make the NCAAs for the first time under Chambers

Good teams make the NCAA. I don't believe we've earned that. if we make it then I'll acknowledge we're a good team despite the lack of quality wins. This absolutely isn't a great team--there's no depth. You let me know when we make the Elite 8--I'm still waiting to make the NCAAs for the first time under Chambers

The only reason the NCAA tournament isn't already a lock is because of Reaves' 4 game absence, and because they're sophomores who had to grow and develop during the season to become the very good team they are today.

They've got multiple players who will be drafted in to the NBA and/or play professionally. Again, usually a sign they might be "good."

Heading up soon for the game. Can't wait to see the place as full as it's been in a long time along with genuine excitement. The guys responded in a big way to the good crowd vs OSU. No reason they won't tonight. They're a confident group right now and one of the better teams in the conference.

The only reason the NCAA tournament isn't already a lock is because of Reaves' 4 game absence, and because they're sophomores who had to grow and develop during the season to become the very good team they are today.

They've got multiple players who will be drafted in to the NBA and/or play professionally. Again, usually a sign they might be "good."

Good teams (at least great teams) have the depth to overcome an injury against teams like Indiana, Minnesota and Northwestern. I think dismissing that is short-sighted. Freshmen star throughout the country beginning day one--I don't buy these guys needed more time this season after last year.

Having good individual players does not make a team good or great. It's the sum of the parts. We'll see how they finish the year. If they lose the next two then this wasn't a very good team IMO. Right now, as of this second, they look good especially of late but the Big Ten is also weak this year so it's hard to really say for sure. I'm really hoping they make the NCAAs...I'm not a believer. I have to see it to believe in them. Win the next 4 and this team is very good. Go 1-1 then 1-1 in the B1G and then not so much.

If you want to believe this team is good/great then believe that. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just disagree. We'll know in about a month how good this team really is/was

Favored because we're at home. It's not easy to travel to play in an unfamiliar environment.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Glad the team is going to get tons of fan support. Huge game. Hoping they continue playing like they have last few games and beat Mich down

I feel like Michigan is going to bring a sense of urgency to this game unlike what OSU did last week. I expect this to be a battle and I hope our boys are mentally prepared for a battle. We need Mike Watkins to play smart and with intensity.

I can't wait for tipoff! This game means so much to our NCAA Tourney hopes.

2951wolverine.jpg

Good teams (at least great teams) have the depth to overcome an injury against teams like Indiana, Minnesota and Northwestern. I think dismissing that is short-sighted. Freshmen star throughout the country beginning day one--I don't buy these guys needed more time this season after last year.

Having good individual players does not make a team good or great. It's the sum of the parts. We'll see how they finish the year. If they lose the next two then this wasn't a very good team IMO. Right now, as of this second, they look good especially of late but the Big Ten is also weak this year so it's hard to really say for sure. I'm really hoping they make the NCAAs...I'm not a believer. I have to see it to believe in them. Win the next 4 and this team is very good. Go 1-1 then 1-1 in the B1G and then not so much.

If you want to believe this team is good/great then believe that. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just disagree. We'll know in about a month how good this team really is/was
This is an absurd way to think. They are 4 point favorite to the 16th ranked team. Find me the last time this happened here. This is a great Penn State team no matter what happens the rest of the way. I can tell you're being deliberately annoying so I probably shouldn't even respond but you have compelled me so congrats I guess.

Reactions: wbcincy
Are you willing to admit we're a good team yet? You cite everything but that, and have said we aren't very good within the last week and a half.
I'm not sure that this is the best team Penn State ever has had. However, I do think that this team has the most talented group of basketball players ever to play at Penn State.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT