ADVERTISEMENT

Uber to game

kps7987

Aug 27, 2016
Coming up for West Virginia game. Have other plans same day which have us tailgating/family gathering off site but a few miles away. Have others used Uber to go to and from the game? Is it easy? Ridiculously expensive? Will we be waiting for hours for ride home?

Coming up for West Virginia game. Have other plans same day which have us tailgating/family gathering off site but a few miles away. Have others used Uber to go to and from the game? Is it easy? Ridiculously expensive? Will we be waiting for hours for ride home?
I assume that this is still an option for game day in 2023. It's cheap and takes a route that generally avoids the most game day traffic. https://onwardstate.com/2022/09/07/cata-to-once-again-provide-penn-state-football-gameday-shuttles/

If you're willing to walk or take the shuttle there are places you can scamper out pretty quick.

Get there early you should be ok but leaving? Good luck.
As a diehard tailgater I always drove to the stadium...but last year we had season tickets and the grind got to us. Tried the Shuttle from Hills Plaza and had given friends $ upfront to contribute for beers at their tailgates. Very cost effective, efficient and stress free.

Fwiw even on a regular Saturday night an Uber from downtown is way too expensive with...after a night game???? As an earlier Poster noted: Godspeed for both hassle and $

Reactions: Online Persona
As a diehard tailgater I always drove to the stadium...but last year we had season tickets and the grind got to us. Tried the Shuttle from Hills Plaza and had given friends $ upfront to contribute for beers at their tailgates. Very cost effective, efficient and stress free.

Fwiw even on a regular Saturday night an Uber from downtown is way too expensive with...after a night game???? As an earlier Poster noted: Godspeed for both hassle and $
We live in town and have a couple reserved spots so never done it. But would like to know what the return is like. It would be a good option for guests. Where do you get the shuttle to go back and is it a long wait? Are the only people allowed to travel back those that did the trip to the stadium? Thanks in advance.

We live in town and have a couple reserved spots so never done it. But would like to know what the return is like. It would be a good option for guests. Where do you get the shuttle to go back and is it a long wait? Are the only people allowed to travel back those that did the trip to the stadium? Thanks in advance.
There is a line along University Dr at the Jordan Center. The line may look long but you are loading multiple double decker busses and you are on the bus within a few minutes.

No you can just ride one way. It is 2.20 per ride. I park behind Hills and it's not a very long wait to get on bus after game.
The bus leaves at Jordan center, but the line will probably go back towards stadium. It does a U turn at Jordan center and heads back out

Last edited:
One time after a game in 2017, my two buddies blacked out and took an uber from State College back home to Harrisburg. Got the Uber at 4 AM and got home at 6 AM. Waited for the surge price to drop. Would've been $800 around 9 PM. Nice waking up Sunday with a $305 Uber charge.

There's your fun Uber story for the day.

The shuttles load on University heading South adjacent to the BJC. There are tons of busses and maybe 3 different routes so it does matter which one you get on. I've done that 3 times now and never had a problem- the buses basically do a U turn and head down University for the Atherton lots and the other time I went downtown I think it cut across campus somehow.

Surprisingly organized and well worth the coin. They had CATA salespeople at the lot selling tokens before the game to expedite the load out. Definitely recommend it.

Reactions: Online Persona
My daughter lived 2 years at The View by Toftrees. After games they would walk down Fox Hollow road a 1/4 mile and the cost of an Uber would drop in half from what it was near the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT