ADVERTISEMENT

Hudson Clement, WV Redshirt Freshman, has historic 1st game

Huddy is a flat out player. If the ball is within a half mile of him, he catches it. He had an insane snag in traffic that went for a touchdown vs. TCU, but the refs called him down at the 4-yard line because his knee touched. His 40-yard TD catch and run on 4th-and-10 at Houston with 13 seconds left was next level stuff.

He's going to be a #2 or #3 WR option for Garrett Greene this year.

Huddy is a flat out player. If the ball is within a half mile of him, he catches it. He had an insane snag in traffic that went for a touchdown vs. TCU, but the refs called him down at the 4-yard line because his knee touched. His 40-yard TD catch and run on 4th-and-10 at Houston with 13 seconds left was next level stuff.

He's going to be a #2 or #3 WR option for Garrett Greene this year.
This is one of the biggest "oversells" I've seen on this board. Poor WVU with Greene still starting. Prayers are needed

This is one of the biggest "oversells" I've seen on this board. Poor WVU with Greene still starting. Prayers are needed
GGTeM0AWgAAKRHF

• Love
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Ignore this fool, my Mountaineer Friend. He’s going to spend the rest of his life trying to prove West Virginia isn’t a good team because Penn State beat them last year. He’s what you call a Poser. Internet Troll. Or in Pittsburgh they just call him a jaggov.
Figured as much.

WVU fans are pretty happy with how things are looking in Morgantown, and Garrett Greene is as beloved a QB there since the days of Pat White.

Gonna be a fun one in Morgantown on Aug. 31.

Figured as much.

WVU fans are pretty happy with how things are looking in Morgantown, and Garrett Greene is as beloved a QB there since the days of Pat White.

What was Greene's completion percentage last year?
Did you enjoy him costing you a game because he acted like a child on after a score believing a game was over when it wasn't?
If he's your best QB since Pat White that's sad and, no, there's a ton of WVU fans that aren't happy with him. The fact you included "pretty" made it obvious you even know that.

What was Greene's completion percentage last year?
Did you enjoy him costing you a game because he acted like a child on after a score believing a game was over when it wasn't?
If he's your best QB since Pat White that's sad and, no, there's a ton of WVU fans that aren't happy with him. The fact you included "pretty" made it obvious you even know that.
You seem angry. He sleep with your wife or something? Here's GG dropping a dime for you...

He's self-appointed. Picking players is tough. Lots of 4 stars never do squat. It aint the only way to finf a good player
It's almost like you're saying the top end of CFB programs should be taking their limited number of coaches, and have them spend time driving through the back roads of America searching for a kid that might exist, that managed to escape the attention of all 128 FBS football programs instead of focusing those resources on building relationship with the large, well-established pool of high-performing HS players.
Seems like that was what I, and others, said was ridiculous and impossible for a high-performing program. :rolleyes:

Figured as much.

Looking forward to it. I have fond memories of Old Mountaineer Field. I thought that place was going to fall down whenever WVU scored.

It's almost like you're saying the top end of CFB programs should be taking their limited number of coaches, and have them spend time driving through the back roads of America searching for a kid that might exist, that managed to escape the attention of all 128 FBS football programs instead of focusing those resources on building relationship with the large, well-established pool of high-performing HS players.
Seems like that was what I, and others, said was ridiculous and impossible for a high-performing program. :rolleyes:
No one has said anything of the sort. Except you. It’s almost like you’re making a straw man argument.

Reactions: demlion
You seem angry. He sleep with your wife or something? Here's GG dropping a dime for you...

I'm angry because I'm dealing with facts? He's an awful QB. Good luck with him. That list has him better than Fifita. It's a joke. Notice I'm not hyping my own QB who like Greeen wasn't great. Greene has the second lowest competition % of P5 QBs last yest. He's trash. Fact not opinion. Same fans just see he can run so they hype him up.

That was just one play, a key game winning play. I the first half of that game he had several passes ether then that one. One under big pressure, one hitting the receiver on a dime through traffic in perfect stride. Looked fantastic as they built up a big lead. Defense slacked off in the second half to make it a game.

Greene looked great in that game. Looked good in a couple others. Continues to get better and better. Glad we are playing them in first game of the year. Could be a really good team by the end of the year.

Reactions: eer2000
Ignore this fool, my Mountaineer Friend. He’s going to spend the rest of his life trying to prove West Virginia isn’t a good team because Penn State beat them last year. He’s what you call a Poser. Internet Troll. Or in Pittsburgh they just call him a jaggov.

You're sort of right on this. He spent all of the football season saying WVU was bad and just moved the goal posts when you kept winning. It wasn't soley because PSU beat you guys, as he isn't a PSU fan. It was that he couldn't admit he was wrong that you guys weren't that bad.

That was just one play, a key game winning play. I the first half of that game he had several passes ether then that one. One under big pressure, one hitting the receiver on a dime through traffic in perfect stride. Looked fantastic as they built up a big lead. Defense slacked off in the second half to make it a game.

Greene looked great in that game. Looked good in a couple others. Continues to get better and better. Glad we are playing them in first game of the year. Could be a really good team by the end of the year.
The thing about Greene is that he takes so many deep shots down the field, that naturally his completion % is lower than the norm. That's by design. Neal Brown radically changed WVU's offense in the 9th game of the season in 2022 by inserting GG and going run heavy, with play action. Since that change, WVU has gone 11-5 over the 16 games in that time frame, and last year led the entire P5 in rushing yards per game.

That said, GG has absolutely dropped some serious dimes, including his very first throw in the bowl game vs. UNC, hitting freshman wideout Traylon Ray in stride deep down the field for a 75-yard touchdown. He had several others over the course of the year. The kid is special. His weakness is hitting intermediate routes, but we can live with that....

While I'm certain that PSU will be favored, the WVU team which takes the field August 31 will be a much more buttoned up and talented squad than the one which opened in Happy Valley this year. My guess is that if WVU is not preseason ranked, they'll be between 26-30.

The thing about Greene is that he takes so many deep shots down the field, that naturally his completion % is lower than the norm. That's by design. Neal Brown radically changed WVU's offense in the 9th game of the season in 2022 by inserting GG and going run heavy, with play action. Since that change, WVU has gone 11-5 over the 16 games in that time frame, and last year led the entire P5 in rushing yards per game.

That said, GG has absolutely dropped some serious dimes, including his very first throw in the bowl game vs. UNC, hitting freshman wideout Traylon Ray in stride deep down the field for a 75-yard touchdown. He had several others over the course of the year. The kid is special. His weakness is hitting intermediate routes, but we can live with that....

While I'm certain that PSU will be favored, the WVU team which takes the field August 31 will be a much more buttoned up and talented squad than the one which opened in Happy Valley this year. My guess is that if WVU is not preseason ranked, they'll be between 26-30.
I am not sure how good they will be early as they are losing some good talent, especially along both lines. I have no idea about their depth or the new guys starting. But it takes time for a line to jell.

Last edited:
No one has said anything of the sort. Except you. It’s almost like you’re making a straw man argument.
Um...you may want to work on your reading comprehension...

Me: top programs don't have the cycles to focus any attention on finding unrated prospects.

Demlion: "Picking players is tough. Lots of 4 stars never do squat. It aint the only way to finf a good player"

He is very clearly saying that focusing on high-performing players competing in games/camps against other high-performing players should not be THE focus for upper tier CFB programs because "It ain't the only way to find a good player."
It very obviously IS THE only way for top programs to recruit enough top talent to remain a top program.
It's simple math. There are X number of coaches who have Y hours per day during legal recruiting periods. They cannot be everywhere, so they have to prioritize and focus where time is spent to get the greatest ROI. Respectfully, turning over rocks for unrated kids in December of their Sr year, has a very poor ROI, even if you find a diamond once in a while. I'll repeat this on last time. John Urshel would up a great player and great representative of Penn State, but the fact that John Urshel wound up at Penn State is an indictment of the state of PSU recruiting at the end of JVP's tenure. At that point, Penn State was having a hard time finding enough kids to even fill it's class, let alone find top kids. So they went mining for diamonds in the rough and found a kid in NY who they had never spoken to before his final HS game and had zero offers at that point.

You're sort of right on this. He spent all of the football season saying WVU was bad and just moved the goal posts when you kept winning. It wasn't soley because PSU beat you guys, as he isn't a PSU fan. It was that he couldn't admit he was wrong that you guys weren't that bad.
Again, not true--I said they'd be more likely to win 3 than 8 which I was wrong on and admitted that. They're a horrible team that we would have beat every time we played them if we played them 100 times. You all consider subpar teams to be good based on record. Who was their best win?

He's awful on intermediate passes--how can any fan say they can live with that. He literally kills drives because of that.
I don't think Penn State will be elite next year but it won't be a close game. Penn State beats who they're supposed to beat now and that includes a mid-tier Big XII team.

Um...you may want to work on your reading comprehension...

Me: top programs don't have the cycles to focus any attention on finding unrated prospects.

Demlion: "Picking players is tough. Lots of 4 stars never do squat. It aint the only way to finf a good player"

He is very clearly saying that focusing on high-performing players competing in games/camps against other high-performing players should not be THE focus for upper tier CFB programs because "It ain't the only way to find a good player."
It very obviously IS THE only way for top programs to recruit enough top talent to remain a top program.
It's simple math. There are X number of coaches who have Y hours per day during legal recruiting periods. They cannot be everywhere, so they have to prioritize and focus where time is spent to get the greatest ROI. Respectfully, turning over rocks for unrated kids in December of their Sr year, has a very poor ROI, even if you find a diamond once in a while. I'll repeat this on last time. John Urshel would up a great player and great representative of Penn State, but the fact that John Urshel wound up at Penn State is an indictment of the state of PSU recruiting at the end of JVP's tenure. At that point, Penn State was having a hard time finding enough kids to even fill it's class, let alone find top kids. So they went mining for diamonds in the rough and found a kid in NY who they had never spoken to before his final HS game and had zero offers at that point.
We were pretty good post Joe in '12 and '13 so I guess we found some solid talent to fill out our classes.

So Neal Brown is suddenly a good coach after most WVU fans were ready to run him out of town? Amazing how a long time coach can improve practically overnight.

So Neal Brown is suddenly a good coach after most WVU fans were ready to run him out of town? Amazing how a long time coach can improve practically overnight.
Well, they just announced today he got a three year extension to his contract until end of the 2027 season. So they think he improved 🤷🏿‍♂️

He's definitely not. They won 8 games without beating anyone with a pulse and they're trying to convince themselves they're heading in the right direction. McAfee is probably to blame for a lot of this. Last year only set WVU back because they didn't get to fire Brown.

He's awful on intermediate passes--how can any fan say they can live with that. He literally kills drives because of that.
I don't think Penn State will be elite next year but it won't be a close game. Penn State beats who they're supposed to beat now and that includes a mid-tier Big XII team.
Never said he was "awful" - you said that. I said it's his weakness, but overall, he's not bad. He threaded a needle to Kaden Prather to convert a 4th-and-10 late in the '22 Oklahoma game, which led to the game winning FG. He hit several intermediate slant routes to Hudson Clement, Traylon Ray and Kole Taylor (all of them return in '24) late in the game at TCU to set up our tying touchdown and winning FG. GG hit EJ Horton with a 13-yard slant to convert a fourth down at UCF to lead to a touchdown to go up 17 points in the fourth. I could go on.

The kid is just a winner. The line "He literally kills drives" proves that you are incapable of rational thought on the subject, and may God have mercy on your soul. Garrett Greene is a walking, talking third and fourth down conversion. He is a fly in the ointment, a monkey in the wrench.

As to your prediction that it won't be a close game....well, that's what the offseason is all about. Thump that chest and stand proud my good man. But, the game will be played in August nevertheless.

So now you base a players abilities and qualities by the fans? Ever read a game day thread here?

And where did you get the data to back this up? I think the fans are pretty happy with him.
Not a player, Neal Brown. They’ve been calling for his head for a couple years, but now he’s super coach and they’re on the verge of a NC.

Never said he was "awful" - you said that. I said it's his weakness, but overall, he's not bad. He threaded a needle to Kaden Prather to convert a 4th-and-10 late in the '22 Oklahoma game, which led to the game winning FG. He hit several intermediate slant routes to Hudson Clement, Traylon Ray and Kole Taylor (all of them return in '24) late in the game at TCU to set up our tying touchdown and winning FG. GG hit EJ Horton with a 13-yard slant to convert a fourth down at UCF to lead to a touchdown to go up 17 points in the fourth. I could go on.

The kid is just a winner. The line "He literally kills drives" proves that you are incapable of rational thought on the subject, and may God have mercy on your soul. Garrett Greene is a walking, talking third and fourth down conversion. He is a fly in the ointment, a monkey in the wrench.

As to your prediction that it won't be a close game....well, that's what the offseason is all about. Thump that chest and stand proud my good man. But, the game will be played in August nevertheless.
He says it won’t be close because that way he will win either way…if it’s a blow out, he can say he called it. If it’s a close win for PSU, it’s because Franklin isn’t good. If WVU wins, then he will really be in his anti Franklin glory. You’re being trolled.

Last edited:
I'm angry because I'm dealing with facts? He's an awful QB. Good luck with him. That list has him better than Fifita. It's a joke. Notice I'm not hyping my own QB who like Greeen wasn't great. Greene has the second lowest competition % of P5 QBs last yest. He's trash. Fact not opinion. Same fans just see he can run so they hype him up.
Greene is trash? You sound like you’re 15. WVU went 9-4 when you predicted 3 wins. I couldn’t care less about WVU, they had a good season especially by their standards. Greene had almost 800 yards rushing so his completion percentage is not as important. He reminds me of McSorley with a similar size and skill set. The B12 doesn’t compare with the B10 or SEC, but WVU has a shot of winning the conference and getting into the playoffs. I hope PSU thumps them this year and they should, but it’s in Morgantown and I’m not gonna lie I’m a little worried about a fired up crowd and an early season upset. Don’t let your blind hate of WVU cloud your judgement. Your opinion is NOT fact as you claim.

Who was his best win against last year?
Honestly, this is the most delusional I've seen a fan about a player in a long time.
Correct it won't be close. Lots of games will be played that won't be close. Some even that WVU will win.

Greene is trash? You sound like you’re 15. WVU went 9-4 when you predicted 3 wins. I couldn’t care less about WVU, they had a good season especially by their standards. Greene had almost 800 yards rushing so his completion percentage is not as important. He reminds me of McSorley with a similar size and skill set. The B12 doesn’t compare with the B10 or SEC, but WVU has a shot of winning the conference and getting into the playoffs. I hope PSU thumps them this year and they should, but it’s in Morgantown and I’m not gonna lie I’m a little worried about a fired up crowd and an early season upset. Don’t let your blind hate of WVU cloud your judgement. Your opinion is NOT fact as you claim.
Again, I didn't predict 3 wins. I know reading is challenging for you.
"A good season by their standards" doesn't make it a good season
His completion percent is absolutely important. McSorley wasn't a great QB and he's a poor man's version of him.
How are they winning the conference? Odds next year. Again, they're a subpar Big XII team. Last year they finished 6th because they didn't have to play Texas, Kansas State or Iowa State. They couldn't beat anyone with a pulse. Their best win was a 6-6 Texas Tech and they're lucky Marchiol played in that one. Remember Greene was only 6-4. The desperate WVU fan sees that as "being a winner" when our fan base would be plotting his death.

Big 12 football championship odds for every team in conference for 2024:​

• Utah: +340
  • Kansas State: +360
  • Kansas: +650
  • Arizona: +750
  • Texas Tech: +850
  • UCF: +1100
  • Iowa State: +1200
  • Oklahoma State: +1600
  • TCU: +1600
  • West Virginia: +1900
  • Colorado: +4000
  • Baylor: +5500
  • Cincinnati: +6500
  • Arizona State: +10000
  • BYU: +13000
  • Houston: +13000

I don't hate WVU--I'm being honest unlike you. The only program I hate is ND. You and others feel desperate to hype them up to create a quality win for us that doesn't exist. We'll take care of business as we thankfully now do consistently.

Last edited:
He says it won’t be close because that way he will win either way…if it’s a blow out, he can say he called it. If it’s a close win for PSU, it’s because Franklin isn’t good. If WVU wins, then he will really be in his anti Franklin glory. You’re being trolled.
I didn't complain about Franklin a single time all of last year? How am I anti-Franklin?
My only concern is I'm not sure he can take us to the level. I didn't complain at any point in any loss and told everyone to calm down. I wasn't upset about Michigan or Ohio State because I know they're better than us. The goal is to close that gap.
How is that trolling? We could beat WVU by 3 next year and I'm not going to complain--just find a way to win.

There are two competing factions of WVU fans on this subject.

- There are fans who absolutely hate Neal Brown, can't stand his play calling, want him gone...and are going so far as openly cheering against WVU in certain games.

- There are fans who have come to embrace what Neal Brown is doing - building WVU from the lines out - and are happy with the progress shown since he radically altered what we're doing on offense near the end of 2022 (and have gone 11-5 since).

And these factions are at war with each other.

Reactions: lazydave841
Again, I didn't predict 3 wins. I know reading is challenging for you.
"A good season by their standards" doesn't make it a good season
His completion percent is absolutely important. McSorley wasn't a great QB and he's a poor man's version of him.
How are they winning the conference? Odds next year. Again, they're a subpar Big XII team. Last year they finished 6th because they didn't have to play Texas, Kansas State or Iowa State. They couldn't beat anyone with a pulse. Their best win was a 6-6 Texas Tech and they're lucky Marchiol played in that one. Remember Greene was only 6-4. The desperate WVU fan sees that as "being a winner" when our fan base would be plotting his death.

Big 12 football championship odds for every team in conference for 2024:​

• Utah: +340
  • Kansas State: +360
  • Kansas: +650
  • Arizona: +750
  • Texas Tech: +850
  • UCF: +1100
  • Iowa State: +1200
  • Oklahoma State: +1600
  • TCU: +1600
  • West Virginia: +1900
  • Colorado: +4000
  • Baylor: +5500
  • Cincinnati: +6500
  • Arizona State: +10000
  • BYU: +13000
  • Houston: +13000

I don't hate WVU--I'm being honest unlike you. The only program I hate is ND. You and others feel desperate to hype them up to create a quality win for us that doesn't exist. We'll take care of business as we thankfully now do consistently.
Last year's preseason poll had WVU finishing dead last in the Big 12 - 14th.

WVU finished 6-3, tied for 4th. Facts.

Not a player, Neal Brown. They’ve been calling for his head for a couple years, but now he’s super coach and they’re on the verge of a NC.
I don't think WVU is going to win the Big 12 or make the Playoffs necessarily...but I will say this>>> WVU will be a pain in the ass. A ton of talent returns on offense - basically everyone at all skill positions, and the defense returns a great deal of firepower up front.

Jahiem White (PA kid) was a Freshman All-American RB last season - but did not suit up for the Penn State game. He is a great complement to Garrett Greene and CJ Donaldson --

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT