ADVERTISEMENT

Two questions re yesterday's game

jj410

Sep 24, 2014
1. Does anybody know how many points were scored against the mostly second string DL vs. the first string? Once again, the fall-off seemed extreme in that the first team did well while the second string was easy pickings.
2. Is it just me or did it seem that Nassib was constantly being held by the redshirt freshman who was blocking him, especially in the fourth quarter?

Amazing coincidence: I see somebody just posted a message with the same title, but different questions!

1. Does anybody know how many points were scored against the mostly second string DL vs. the first string? Once again, the fall-off seemed extreme in that the first team did well while the second string was easy pickings.
2. Is it just me or did it seem that Nassib was constantly being held by the redshirt freshman who was blocking him, especially in the fourth quarter?

Amazing coincidence: I see somebody just posted a message with the same title, but different questions!
1. The first team was in on all 3 of the touchdown plays. Not sure abut the FG drives. The one that was most disappointing was the 3rd quarter drive where Hills had the 36 yard run against the 1st team and then they gave up the 3rd and goal from the 10 TD run to Ross.

2. Nassib was held and will continue to be held constantly. Yesterday was almost Courtney Brownesque. The difference was that only one guy was holding Nassib.

1. The first team was in on all 3 of the touchdown plays. Not sure abut the FG drives. The one that was most disappointing was the 3rd quarter drive where Hills had the 36 yard run against the 1st team and then they gave up the 3rd and goal from the 10 TD run to Ross.

2. Nassib was held and will continue to be held constantly. Yesterday was almost Courtney Brownesque. The difference was that only one guy was holding Nassib.
I don't think they were on all of those drives.
I think it was #58 who has a bright future in the B10 with his holding techniques.

I think it was #58 who has a bright future in the B10 with his holding techniques.
Maybe not all of the drives in their entirety. Not sure about that. I just looked at the replays though and they were in for all of the TDs themselves and the 36 yard run by Hills on the big ugly 88 yard TD drive.

Yep. Damien Prince. They called him once when it was there for all to see and the only way Ross could have turned the corner was because he wrapped up Nassib. Funny this is that it was the second time that he had held him on the play.

Check the time of possession. Our offense was 'quick strike' and were on the field a lot. Even at that, neither team scored in the final ten minutes of the game. The offense went conservative and the defense stood up to win it. This was partially due to the defenses rotation to keep guys fresh.

On Nassib, they optioned him a ton. They actually quit blocking Reeder, who led the team in tackles but missed a ton. They used the guy blocking reeder to block someone else, typically our DT. If Nassib crashed, they ran it to the outside. If Nassib went outside, they pushed him that way and ran it inside him and our DT.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
Check the time of possession. Our offense was 'quick strike' and were on the field a lot. Even at that, neither team scored in the final ten minutes of the game. The offense went conservative and the defense stood up to win it. This was partially due to the defenses rotation to keep guys fresh.

On Nassib, they optioned him a ton. They actually quit blocking Reeder, who led the team in tackles but missed a ton. They used the guy blocking reeder to block someone else, typically our DT. If Nassib crashed, they ran it to the outside. If Nassib went outside, they pushed him that way and ran it inside him and our DT.
Not questioning the rotation strategy, just that the fall-off is extreme.
At least in the fourth quarter, #58 was one-on-one blocking Nassib almost every play and "holding" his own it seemed to me.

MD ran the ball down the throats of our first team DL. All of those nice TD scoring drives was against our first team DL unless I missed something.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT