ADVERTISEMENT

Tragic news at Duquesne last night

So sorry to hear this news. Handsome young fellow.
marquis-brown-picture.jpg

Reactions: BBrown
So, so sad.

Interesting that the Daily Collegian had a big edition focusing on mental health of students, and it included an article on PSU athletes. Whether that's the cause with the Duquesne athlete, I don't know.

So, so sad.

Interesting that the Daily Collegian had a big edition focusing on mental health of students, and it included an article on PSU athletes. Whether that's the cause with the Duquesne athlete, I don't know.

I dare say it's inherent that any suicide at this age is influenced by mental health. Truly a shame that more people don't get help, but so long as our society mocks mental illness to the extent it does, we shouldn't expect that to change.

Death brings sadness at any age, but is especially so in those who have not yet experienced the fullness of life. My thoughts and prayers go out to all who have been touched by this tragedy.

Reactions: 2atpsu
I'm assuming he Pittsburgh PD has already ruled out any chance of a suspicious death in this case. Generally speaking most human beings don't run through plate glass windows in order to commit suicide. Is there any chance this young man wasn't thrown thru the window by individuals unknown? I kinda remember a old episode of Mannix with a similar plotline.

Last edited:
I know students have jumped and fallen out of dorm windows at both PSU and Pitt in the past. You would think colleges would use the type of windows found in secure lock down buildings, hospitals, hotels, etc in dorm hallways.

I know students have jumped and fallen out of dorm windows at both PSU and Pitt in the past. You would think colleges would use the type of windows found in secure lock down buildings, hospitals, hotels, etc in dorm hallways.

Here is interrobang’d remark in immediate practice. Pitt is at fault because they don’t have maximum security windows in all of the dorms. What a joke.

Not to mention that it isn't remotely funny or witty. An epic fail.

I think his comment was more a cutting remark at how our society loves to fault find and finger point when these things happen. Delco quickly went down that road

Reactions: BBrown
I think his comment was more a cutting remark at how our society loves to fault find and finger point when these things happen. Delco quickly went down that road

Many of the deaths are from horseplay or accidental falls. Hard to prevent. Not fingerpointing.

Yea probably was but it was a poorly timed and not very funny.

The comment was not made to be funny, you are interpreting the comment wrong, I think fkkkjm explained the thought of the comment well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT