ADVERTISEMENT

Top 4 defense in the nation...per espn

Psugo823

Aug 17, 2021
I don't have the link but I don't need it. It's a fact That it came out today.
1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Alabama
4. Penn State.

By the way Ohio state didn't make the top 10.

Now couple that defense with the nation's best running backs, top 5 offensive line, and a top 20 receiver corps with the transfers...and a 5 star RETURNING quarterback who played in 12 of 13 games.

How long until Wet Blanket Wally shows up to attack PSU in this thread? Can't have that kind of positivity around here.
1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Alabama
4. Penn State.

Now couple that defense with the nation's best running backs, top 5 offensive line, and a top 20 receiver corps with the transfers...and a 5 star RETURNING quarterback who played in 12 of 13 games.
Interesting

I think the defense has been OSU struggle the last couple years. It’s interesting they are that far back
And that's an understatement. If they are really the #14 defense, that could be bad news for the rest of CF. I believe it was either 2020 or 2021 that they set an all-time record for points against their defense per game. I could be wrong, but I believe they fired their whole defensive staff after that year. I just can't see them being the #14 defense in the country after they've been clueless the last 3 or 4 years - NO WAY

Ryan Day is one of the top 2 or 3 offensive minds in CF but he's clueless when it comes to defense. I guess you can say the same thing about Lincoln Riley.

Last edited:
How long until Wet Blanket Wally shows up to attack PSU in this thread? Can't have that kind of positivity around here.
I can see it now….”our OLine stinks, our receiving corps is awful and no way we have a top 4 defense with our terrible DT’s, we’ll be lucky to win 7 games….unless our schedule is weaker than I thought then no matter how many games we win, my 7 win prediction is correct.”

It is. Ohio State 14th by the way. Iowa 6th.
Iowa and OSU have opposite problems. If Iowa had OSU, Michigan, or PSU's offense, they'd win the B1G this year. I've always thought that Phil Parker is the best DC in CF

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Alabama
4. Penn State.

Too bad you actually have to play football....Pre-season ratings by ESPN are less reliable than a long range weather forecast.

Ryan Day is one of the top 2 or 3 offensive minds in CF but he's clueless when it comes to defense. I guess you can say the same thing about Lincoln Riley.

You can't have these highly efficient offenses that score quick throwing the football and match it up with a dominant defense. The offense might score more, but they put the defense on the field more, which is never a good thing.

You need balance. The trouble is, with the current rules favoring passing offense, you have to embrace what you are good at. If it means giving up 30 ppg to score 49, you do it. The Buckeyes were a shanked kick from beating UGA. Even if Michigan dominated them in the regular season finale.

Look, it is very nice for Penn State to receive high pre-season rankings and very good national exposure. However, these are just that, pre-season rankings.

The only rankings that really matters will be the final rankings and the outcome of the Ohio State and Michigan games. Let’s back up the chest pounding with actual wins against the big boy programs.

Look, it is very nice for Penn State to receive high pre-season rankings and very good national exposure. However, these are just that, pre-season rankings.

The only rankings that really matters will be the final rankings and the outcome of the Ohio State and Michigan games. Let’s back up the chest pounding with actual wins against the big boy programs.
I believe Michigan, OSU, Illinois, and Iowa will all be difficult games. If PSU can go 3-1 in those 4 games it would be outstanding.

I believe Michigan, OSU, Illinois, and Iowa will all be difficult games. If PSU can go 3-1 in those 4 games it would be outstanding.
We all know OSU and Michigan will be tough, but you hit the two B1G "sleepers" in Illinois and Iowa......two programs that could definitely win the West this year, Iowa has updated their offensive talent through the Portal but they still have Brian Ferentz as OC ---- a huge negative

Reactions: RickinDayton
I can see it now….”our OLine stinks, our receiving corps is awful and no way we have a top 4 defense with our terrible DT’s, we’ll be lucky to win 7 games….unless our schedule is weaker than I thought then no matter how many games we win, my 7 win prediction is correct.”
Just let hm babble on. He's a fool

Reactions: AWS1022
You guys should thank the stars that you don't have to play Notre Dame this year.

OSU does and if you want to watch the "beatdown of beatdowns" just watch the ND-OSU game on Sept. 23. Their shit defense will be exposed by Sam Hartman and the powerful ND offense - maybe the best offensive unit in the country. We now have a bigtime QB.

Prediction ----- ND 42, OSU 35. Bank on it.

You guys should thank the stars that you don't have to play Notre Dame this year.

OSU does and if you want to watch the "beatdown of beatdowns" just watch the ND-OSU game on Sept. 23. Their shit defense will be exposed by Sam Hartman and the powerful ND offense - maybe the best offensive unit in the country. We now have a bigtime QB.

Is this a “Wolve” in different clothing?!? :)

Rojas up to 229-230 now according to this. That's just impressive as can be. Be curious where he is at by WVU because I believe he will drop some weight at some point, the question is just when. Most do during the season.

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Alabama
4. Penn State.

Top 5 defense + RBs + OL + 5* QB and we're still predicted to finish 3rd in the BiG East. I hope those predictions are wrong.

I'm pretty confident about DEs and LBs but I'm not convinced about DTs. I guess I can't get last year's Michigan game out of my head.

Top 5 defense + RBs + OL + 5* QB and we're still predicted to finish 3rd in the BiG East. I hope those predictions are wrong.

I'm pretty confident about DEs and LBs but I'm not convinced about DTs. I guess I can't get last year's Michigan game out of my head.

I am with you Man. Last year’s Michigan game was a savage beat down. Penn State must find a way to crush the Wolverines this year.

Well we are beating them this year and the first series after we sack McCarthy will put that memory to sleep for good.

Well we are beating them this year and the first series after we sack McCarthy will put that memory to sleep for good.
Remains to be seen. This year's Michigan version will go down as one of the great teams in CF history. Jim's incredible recruiting over the last 5 or 6 years will pay huge dividends this year - a National Championship. This is a team that is a solid 4-deep at every position. GO JIM, GO BLUE

• Haha
Reactions: Psugo823
1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Alabama
4. Penn State.

This kind of speculative ranking is kind of meaningless. I'm sure Ohio State will have something to say about it. But if DT firms up (and Franklin's comments indicates it's possible), it will be a very good D because every other position group is solid with great athletes.

Way to way out on a limb, predicting that massive 7 point "beatdown of beatdowns".

ND fans are consistently delusional....

There seem to be some "Beatdowns" in ND's recent history with OSU, all by OSU.........

– Ohio State 44, Notre Dame 28
– Ohio State 34, Notre Dame 20
– Ohio State 29, Notre Dame 16
– Ohio State 45, Notre Dame 26

Here's another "beatdown" to jar your memory....

Maybe ND can get a beatdown on one of their big rivals, such as Navy or Duke!!!!

Last edited:
Way to way out on a limb, predicting that massive 7 point "beatdown of beatdowns".

ND fans are consistently delusional....

There seem to be some "Beatdowns" in ND's recent history with OSU, all by OSU.........

– Ohio State 44, Notre Dame 28
– Ohio State 34, Notre Dame 20
– Ohio State 29, Notre Dame 16
– Ohio State 45, Notre Dame 26

Here's another "beatdown" to jar your memory....

Maybe ND can get a beatdown on one of their big rivals, such as Navy or Duke!!!!

Or Marshall

Regardless of any "rankings", PSU should have a very good defense...The glaring question mark is, as stated above, interior defensive line..Whether you call a guy a DT or NT, if PSU hasn't made an improvement, Michigan will just gash them all day between the tackles...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT