ADVERTISEMENT

PSU leads the nation in Total Defense - surrendering a sub-200 193.7 Yards Per Game!

How don't I take positions on things?
You know I'm right that you're ignoring the SOS involved in the data you're providing because it has a negative impact to what you want to sell. You don't actually want to discuss anything--you just want to ramble nonsense and for everyone to pretend you're right.

Adjust all the defensive data to take SOS into account and we'll discuss it. You talk so assuredly about the impact that I'm sure you've made the necessary adjustments. Post the numbers.

Do you have the numbers or not... I'm leaning not.
I'd be happy to create data once you acknowledge SOS always must be accounted for but I don't think you understand that or you refuse to admit it because you know that's invalidates everything you've said. Pick which is accurate...

All these stats threads are an impressive compilation of meaningless numbers. Interesting, I guess, for stats geeks. I have no issue with those folks having their fun. But PSU and OSU have played almost totally different schedules, so comparing them is about the same as comparing apples and rattlesnakes.
The only numbers that matter will be the scores when the clock hits 0:00 Saturday afternoon.
As my high school football coach used to say many decades ago; “Statistics are for the losers.”

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I'd be happy to create data once you acknowledge SOS always must be accounted for but I don't think you understand that or you refuse to admit it because you know that's invalidates everything you've said. Pick which is accurate...

A ton of variables have an influence. SOS is one of them. Home or Away. Injuries. Weather. Playing backups in junk time. Starting field position.

So run numbers for first team defense and second team defense.

Break it down by home vs away, quarter, Dry vs wet (might rain on Saturday), time of day (lets be honest noon isn't our best hour).

If you could run this for every team in the country so we can get an accurate picture that'd be great. Everything is garbage otherwise.

A ton of variables have an influence. SOS is one of them. Home or Away. Injuries. Weather. Playing backups in junk time. Starting field position.

So run numbers for first team defense and second team defense.

Break it down by home vs away, quarter, Dry vs wet (might rain on Saturday), time of day (lets be honest noon isn't our best hour).

If you could run this for every team in the country so we can get an accurate picture that'd be great. Everything is garbage otherwise.

He's so full of shit anyway - the average rank of duhO$U's D1A opponents in Total Offense is 76th (Indiana 118, WKU t69, ND 53, MD 44, Pudue 84). scUM's average opponent is in triple digits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT