ADVERTISEMENT

This will be a tough out...

... and here is Mr. Internet Gold in action:

"Another lead I said would come true.Whats that? 3 for 3 now?? Our Penn State boy got scared off because of all the BS,but he will soon make his arrival."

"All the BS" or, if you like, "The rumor I started." He's conceding that (if you assume he's telling the truth) he singlehandedly blew up a huge recruiting coup for Rutgers.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Hey now...I am the only one allowed tumor humor ;)
The GREAT thing about Chief is that he'll take it as well as he dishes it out. His fairness is beyond respectful and though I sit on the other side of the fence... I have a sense he appreciates Penn State wrestling. What wrestling purist couldn't? In getting Spenser Lee at least... you might have gotten one of our "own". o_O My headache isn't as serious as your "huge headache"... but at least... you're my headache.

And the reason, Wild Dog... I didn't get into this thread is because it is a dumpster fire that I have no interest in watching. I haven't posted for weeks. It's off season and the season couldn't get here soon enough. And all this conjecture will be played out on the only spot that matters. The center of the mat.

The GREAT thing about Chief is that he'll take it as well as he dishes it out. His fairness is beyond respectful and though I sit on the other side of the fence... I have a sense he appreciates Penn State wrestling. What wrestling purist couldn't? In getting Spenser Lee at least... you might have gotten one of our "own". o_O My headache isn't as serious as your "huge headache"... but at least... you're my headache.

And the reason, Wild Dog... I didn't get into this thread is because it is a dumpster fire that I have no interest in watching. I haven't posted for weeks. It's off season and the season couldn't get here soon enough. And all this conjecture will be played out on the only spot that matters. The center of the mat.
Hard to argue with that. Wouldn't be a good off season thread without a Spencer Lee mention now would it?

Totally not germane to the topic, but johnstownsteel, thanks for the follow on Twitter, and I boosted your follower count by an infinite amount (being your first follower)!

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Disagree: Gilman is the one wrestler who knows how to beat Tomassello. He wrestles him smart, doesn't make mistakes, and is patient. He has his number, and the fact that he wore him down last March, bodes very well. I picked Gilman to win it all this year at 125.

Gilman may well win it all...if Suriano doesn't win it, and it doesn't affect PSU'S team title chances, I hope Gilman does get a title. But it's hard to say he has NaTo's number based on these results:

#2 Tomasello, Nathan (Ohio State) 3/17/2016 W FALL 7:37
#2 Tomasello, Nathan (Ohio State) 3/7/2015 L DEC 3 - 2
#2 Tomasello, Nathan (Ohio State) 1/4/2015 W TB-1 2 - 1

They are very evenly matched, and I think they'll continue to go back and forth this season.

Gilman may well win it all...if Suriano doesn't win it, and it doesn't affect PSU'S team title chances, I hope Gilman does get a title. But it's hard to say he has NaTo's number based on these results:

#2 Tomasello, Nathan (Ohio State) 3/17/2016 W FALL 7:37
#2 Tomasello, Nathan (Ohio State) 3/7/2015 L DEC 3 - 2
#2 Tomasello, Nathan (Ohio State) 1/4/2015 W TB-1 2 - 1

They are very evenly matched, and I think they'll continue to go back and forth this season.
Thanks for the facts, burnsie. Like so many match-ups of the top guys, they are mostly toss-ups...with only a couple exceptions. One that comes to mind is Zain as a favorite, even Jason given the departures at 157. Martinez could be "that guy" at 165, but I personally believe Isaac Jordan will give him a match. Dean will be a significant favorite too...can't think of any others. Still must wrestle the matches.

Thanks for the facts, burnsie. Like so many match-ups of the top guys, they are mostly toss-ups...with only a couple exceptions. One that comes to mind is Zain as a favorite, even Jason given the departures at 157. Martinez could be "that guy" at 165, but I personally believe Isaac Jordan will give him a match. Dean will be a significant favorite too...can't think of any others. Still must wrestle the matches.

Roar, I would have Snyder and Cox on that short list as well

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Wisconsin has a good one in Jordan, but I can't see where his points come from against Imar. Nolf is a scoring machine and even when not scoring puts pressure on like crazy, but Jordan is not at all that style. Imar wins every match between the two imo.

Wisconsin has a good one in Jordan, but I can't see where his points come from against Imar. Nolf is a scoring machine and even when not scoring puts pressure on like crazy, but Jordan is not at all that style. Imar wins every match between the two imo.
I agree very much. I Jordan isn't going to threaten IMar any more than he threatened Dieringer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT