ADVERTISEMENT

The PSU game has caused a meltdown on Iowa's board, and it's absolutely hilarious!

TheCrimson

Nov 17, 2019
In a nutshell, PSU exposed Iowa as a fraud, and did so in just over a quarter with Sean Clifford throwing the ball. I don't think it's even debatable anymore that PSU wins that game in a blowout, if not for Clifford's injury. In fact, the rest of the country agrees with this as well, evidenced by the fact that Iowa is ranked 4 spots below PSU, despite the fact that the last game PSU played was a loss at Iowa. The voters see that it took Iowa 3 quarters to come back, while literally starting every 2nd half drive at midfield, at home, in one of their biggest games in 30 something years. LMAO.

Is it still PSU's fault that they lost? Absolutely. Franklin and the staff should have had Roberson more prepared, but I'm wiling to give Frankin the benefit of the doubt. We've seen some of our backup QB's come in mid game due to injury, and play much better than Roberson did, against much better teams as well (Ohio State, 2019). So I'm willing to chalk this up to one of the "growing pains" that come with a new OC. We have to keep in mind that Yurcich's system had only been in place for 6 games when the injury happened. If this was year 2 or 3 under Yurcich and this happened, I'd be more concerned.

That being said, although PSU wasn't able to finish the a$$ whooping due to injuries, they gave the world the blueprint on how to beat Iowa. This is why unranked Purdue was able to come in to Iowa City, and destroy the Fraudeyes in front of their homecoming crowd. LMAO again. PSU: The gift that keeps on giving.

So why is this all so amusing to me? We all knew that Iowa was a fraud after that first quarter. We've had our own offensive struggles this year, but we were moving the ball at will against them, which says A LOT about them. They managed to win by sheer luck, and they knew it too. When anyone from PSU pointed this out, they got super defensive and went straight to the Sandusky comments. We've seen this time and time again. When an opposing fan has to bring up a decade-old scandal that has nothing to do with the current coaches, staff, or players, they've already lost the debate. Now, only 7 days after PSU called them out for being frauds, the rest of the country sees what we saw after we played them. And they are getting ROASTED on social media because of it. They thought our opinions were just sour grapes because we lost, but now they're seeing the rest of the country say the same things we said, and it's absolutely hilarious!

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT