ADVERTISEMENT

Is Iowa a Women’s Basketball School?

Nittany1997

Dec 18, 2014
Charlotte NC
Nothing against the sport, but obviously that is the first thing you think of sports related when you hear of Iowa athletics. Caitlin’s success could propel them into the upper tier with UConn and Tennesse. Time will tell, but kudos to them for what they are building in Iowa City.

Nothing against the sport, but obviously that is the first thing you think of sports related when you hear of Iowa athletics. Caitlin’s success could propel them into the upper tier with UConn and Tennesse. Time will tell, but kudos to them for what they are building in Iowa City.
They will be a .500 team next year in women’s basketball.

They are also a women's wrestling school. Dominated the competition, all 3 other schools.

Tough times for the Fighting Caitlins. At least they can still waive to sick kids while booing injured players in the same stadium...

Tough times for the Fighting Caitlins. At least they can still waive to sick kids while booing injured players in the same stadium...
Moreover, I sincerely doubt that their women's hoops team is going to evolve into another UConn or South Carolina once their once in a generation player departs after this season. Thus, I hope they enjoyed it while they could.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Moreover, I sincerely doubt that their wpmen's hoops team is going to evolve into another UConn or South Carolina once their once in a generation player departs after this season. Thus, I hope they enjoyed it while they could.
Yeah I think they caught lightning in a bottle. I don't remember them being particularly dominant prior to Clark. The usual suspects tend to dominate every year and I think Iowa will slip back into relative obscurity.

My WVU friends are seriously kvetching over the officiating of last nights WVU/Iowa game. I didn't watch but the last minute but was in a group text. Overall, fouls were 27 to 11. WVU was 3 of 5 from the stripe Iowa was 25 of 30!

• Wow
My WVU friends are seriously kvetching over the officiating of last nights WVU/Iowa game. I didn't watch but the last minute but was in a group text. Overall, fouls were 27 to 11. WVU was 3 of 5 from the stripe Iowa was 25 of 30!
I understand why it's done, but it's a shame that teams have to play road games in the NCAA Women's Tournament. My guess is that WVU definitely would've beaten Iowa at WVU and also probably on a neutral court.

Iowa should have shot about 50 free throws…WVU’s whole game plan was to bang and grab, and it was effective, but you’re going to get fouls. WVU had over 20 fouls the game before that as well. Beat the other team up and then wonder why you have more fouls than they do….interesting take by WVU and their fans.

Reactions: knickslions
Iowa should have shot about 50 free throws…WVU’s whole game plan was to bang and grab, and it was effective, but you’re going to get fouls. WVU had over 20 fouls the game before that as well. Beat the other team up and then wonder why you have more fouls than they do….interesting take by WVU and their fans.
Reminds me of the Houston-TA&M game on Sunday night. I read one thread about the officials totally taking over the game and trying to foul out everyone on both teams. Then I read another talking about how they'd never seen a more physical game, and it looks like both teams were playing football underneath.

What are the refs supposed to do in a game like that?

Reminds me of the Houston-TA&M game on Sunday night. I read one thread about the officials totally taking over the game and trying to foul out everyone on both teams. Then I read another talking about how they'd never seen a more physical game, and it looks like both teams were playing football underneath.

What are the refs supposed to do in a game like that?
If both teams are playing that way, then the foul totals should be close, I would think. But Iowa played zone most of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT