ADVERTISEMENT

The ACC would welcome Penn State with open arms.....

Will Big 10 schools get a payout this year? I assume like any partnership the conference isn’t sitting on a big bank roll. I know UMD and Rutgers do not contribute much but can their AD survive? PSU no doubt will survive.

I expect that the Big Ten will make some sort of distribution, but I don't expect it to be much. Every school's athletic department will be underwater this year. Don't know if any have accumulated reserves to tie them over. PSU doesn't, so it will almost certainly borrow to fund it's deficit. Rutgers and Maryland have both been underwater for years and both have been subsidized, Rutgers heavily, by their universities.

If the big ten starts up again in October, will the teams that sit out get a conference payout? If Rutgers and Michigan are not going to play then they should receive nothing.

At this point, no one has much of a clue as to how much of an adjustment will be made to media rights deals.

Again, difficult to say if or how much the Big Ten will make in distributions. I would expect every school to get something. Schools that don't play football might get a reduced distribution. it's also possible that the conference makes no distributions.

Reactions: RU31trap
When is the acc welcoming party for Penn State? Did I miss it?
Im guessing we wouldn't go through bobby knight, crowd noise penalty at home, tony johnson out of bounds, phantom interference in 97 and 08 at iowa, heel toe, stolen bowl money and a thousand others. It doesn't need to be a welcome, just a fair deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT