ADVERTISEMENT

The ACC would welcome Penn State with open arms.....

Penn State is an Eastern school. I loved what JoePa did for Penn State as much as anybody; BUT the one thing I didn't like was his getting Penn State into the B1G conference. Now with the Covid-19 and the cancellation of the 2020 football season, now would be the perfect time to do this. Also, the Nittany Lions would rule the ACC whereas in the B1G just a handful of titles since 27 long years.

Football - Downgrade/Push at best (maybe better travel)
W. Volleyball - Downgrade
M. Basketball - Push
Wrestling - Downgrade
Hockey - What hockey?
Baseball - Upgrade
Money - Downgrade

Don't see it.

Big Ten is the best place no matter what for all teams.....and thus lies the problem of trying to do something for just 1 year. Teh Big Ten knows they are the best option and any school leaving the Big ten stands to lose a boatload of money.
Notre Dame could have been and would be welcomed at any point In the Big10. Yet they chose the ACC. Some maybe not as obvious as you think.

Penn State is an Eastern school. I loved what JoePa did for Penn State as much as anybody; BUT the one thing I didn't like was his getting Penn State into the B1G conference. Now with the Covid-19 and the cancellation of the 2020 football season, now would be the perfect time to do this. Also, the Nittany Lions would rule the ACC whereas in the B1G just a handful of titles in 27 long years.

FOOL! What a line B.S. this whole post is.

Notre Dame could have been and would be welcomed at any point In the Big10. Yet they chose the ACC. Some maybe not as obvious as you think.
If the Big Ten offered the same arrangement as the ACC, you think they’d still be in their current situation? Or, if the ACC was making them fully commit and drop the NBC $, you think they are all in? It’s apples and oranges.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
TV money is better but for how long?? VA, NC, SC, GA, FL are booming in population and financial $$$. Other than Wrestling and LAX Those southern ACC states have better football and basketball(you know the money sports) prospects plus baseball recruits are better. Also better travel, come on NC SC GA weather in OCT is awesome. Plus better chances for rival games. Come on in boys the water is just fine

If PSU joins the ACC, we are stuck with Pitt every year. And no one outside of guys over 50 who live in Allegheny County actually want to see that.
Better game than say Indiana. Plus people in Allegheny , Beaver, Washington, Butler, Westmoreland , some Greene and Fayette Counties would love that game. But you are right you will Get Pitt, Syracuse and BC but also pick up Clemson, UNC, VT, FSU, Miami, ND. So not a bad trade. Much better weather, great food and BBQ ,

TV money is better but for how long?? VA, NC, SC, GA, FL are booming in population and financial $$$. Other than Wrestling and LAX Those southern ACC states have better football and basketball(you know the money sports) prospects plus baseball recruits are better. Also better travel, come on NC SC GA weather in OCT is awesome. Plus better chances for rival games. Come on in boys the water is just fine

I don’t know much about the ACC leadership. I think PSU is contractually obligated to the big ten (media rights) for a while (forget the year). If the ACC was smart they’d be preparing now to try and get PSU before they are forced to sign with the big ten again. It would be interesting to see projected tv revenues per school if PSU (+/- ND) were in the ACC.

Better game than say Indiana. Plus people in Allegheny , Beaver, Washington, Butler, Westmoreland , some Greene and Fayette Counties would love that game. But you are right you will Get Pitt, Syracuse and BC but also pick up Clemson, UNC, VT, FSU, Miami, ND. So not a bad trade. Much better weather, great food and BBQ ,

Not worth it until the money is there but I agree with pretty much everything else. Mid-Atlantic has produced our best recruiting efforts the past couple decades and there is a big alumni base who would have easier travel to games. We’d suffer in a lot of non-revenue sports and have to find a hockey conference. And the ACC Network is ESPN affiliated I think, which may or may not be an upgrade over Fox.

Reactions: Bruce K and PSUfiji
What compels people to rehash a thread that has been revisited more times than Xaviera Hollander ? Definitely nothing to see her folks.
giphy.gif

Maybe some folks believe if they raise the possibility often enough it will help it to happen. I know people like that, square bidness!

Reactions: step.eng69
Football - Downgrade/Push at best (maybe better travel)
W. Volleyball - Downgrade
M. Basketball - Push
Wrestling - Downgrade
Hockey - What hockey?
Baseball - Upgrade
Money - Downgrade

Don't see it.
Yup, the money from the Research grants would hurt big time!

I propose we blow everything up and form the Big ASS (Atlantic Seaboard Sort-of) Conference:

North

BC
Syracuse
Rutgers
PSU
Pitt
Ohio State
WVU
Maryland

South

UVA
VT
UNC
NC State
Clemson
USC
GT
FSU

No UM, Duke or Miami

If the Big Ten offered the same arrangement as the ACC, you think they’d still be in their current situation? Or, if the ACC was making them fully commit and drop the NBC $, you think they are all in? It’s apples and oranges.
Don’t know. Of course the Big10 took their ball and went home...so we
How are they costing us 100 million?
At the of the day, ND is in the ACC for football. Don’t worry, they still kick sand in the Big10s face when the Big10 prostitutes themself to help ND for hockey.

Reactions: PSUfiji and TheGLOV
I propose we blow everything up and form the Big ASS (Atlantic Seaboard Sort-of) Conference:

North

BC
Syracuse
Rutgers
PSU
Pitt
Ohio State
WVU
Maryland

South

UVA
VT
UNC
NC State
Clemson
USC
GT
FSU

No UM, Duke or Miami
I see a gigantic crack between the North Cheek and the South Cheek. The Conference Championship Game could get dirty and really stink.

Reactions: PSUfiji

North

BC
Syracuse
Rutgers
PSU
Pitt
Ohio State
WVU
Maryland

South

UVA
VT
UNC
NC State
Clemson
USC
GT
FSU

No UM, Duke or Miami

So, poach South Carolina from the SEC?

Big Ten is the best place no matter what for all teams.....and thus lies the problem of trying to do something for just 1 year. Teh Big Ten knows they are the best option and any school leaving the Big ten stands to lose a boatload of money.

And perhaps membership in the conference.

Don’t know. Of course the Big10 took their ball and went home...so we

At the of the day, ND is in the ACC for football. Don’t worry, they still kick sand in the Big10s face when the Big10 prostitutes themself to help ND for hockey.

Yep!

Never should have let ND in the BigTen for hockey.

NEVER!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT