ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee.....Holy Kamolly!

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
They are killing Kentucky. Prior to this game they have only punted three times ....all year! Over 51 points/game. While averaging only 27 minutes of possession per game. Play a very high tempo offense getting plays in as fast as they can line up.

How did they get so good so quickly after all the issues they had a couple years ago?

They are killing Kentucky. Prior to this game they have only punted three times ....all year! Over 51 points/game. While averaging only 27 minutes of possession per game. Play a very high tempo offense getting plays in as fast as they can line up.

How did they get so good so quickly after all the issues they had a couple years ago?
Josh Heupel is legit?
The portal helps?
Hooker has also been a stud which is key

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
Heupel has at least laid the blueprint for beating a behemoth like Bama. The game is offensive driven. The best defensive talent struggles with tempo and high powered offense.

Is it sustainable over a long period of time? I don't know. It's working this year. At least til this point.

Josh Heupel shows what a bad lifestyle being a college football coach can be - dudes gonna be Ralph Friedgen in a few years. Looks 100 lbs heavier than he was 10 years ago.

But he can coach. I’d take that porky pig lookin mother****er any day
lol--it does look like he's put on at least 50 pounds

Heupel is a very good offensive mind. Was doing the same thing ( explosive up tempo) at UCF, before the move. —Guy won a natty, was an All American QB, and Heisman runner up 20-25 years ago at Oklahoma.

Heupel is a very good offensive mind. Was doing the same thing ( explosive up tempo) at UCF, before the move. —Guy won a natty, was an All American QB, and Heisman runner up 20-25 years ago at Oklahoma.

That was an amazing NC game. The end of an era for FSU.

Weinke was like 30 years old when he QB'd that night.

LdN

That was an amazing NC game. The end of an era for FSU.

Weinke was like 30 years old when he QB'd that night.

LdN
Almost as old as Clifford, I think.

I watched a lot of Oklahoma that year. Heupel didn't have a great arm, but he had a knack for making plays. Mark Mangino was his OC that year. Heupel still has a ways to go to ascend to that level.

Josh Heupel shows what a bad lifestyle being a college football coach can be - dudes gonna be Ralph Friedgen in a few years. Looks 100 lbs heavier than he was 10 years ago.

But he can coach. I’d take that porky pig lookin mother****er any day
He looks like he is still eating the calorie intake of a player, without burning nearly that many. I have to think that's pretty common.

Heupel has at least laid the blueprint for beating a behemoth like Bama. The game is offensive driven. The best defensive talent struggles with tempo and high powered offense.

Is it sustainable over a long period of time? I don't know. It's working this year. At least til this point.
I agree with this 100%. A good defense in today's CF world still gives up 20 points per game. This Tennessee team has a legit shot at the NC

Amazingly Pitt should have beat them. Tenn actually looked very beatable that game.

Narduzzi is a solid defensive coach. He just doesn't have game changing talent across the board.

Additionally, the game was early. Florida played UT close as well. Vols have hit their stride right now. They face UGA next week. If they win that game, they become the favorite to win it all.

The Tennessee D was dominate as well. The UK QBs was u der duress all game. The running game got stuffed. Tennessee seem like a complete team. Next week will a great game. Gonna wear out my remote thumb Sat!

Josh H is a very good offensive coach. Looks like he was the brains behind ex Nebraska Frost coach’s success at UCF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT