ADVERTISEMENT

TCM Movie Marathon

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
I happen to be in LA today for a wedding. By happenstance, TCM is having a movie marathon, which they do every year. Last night they showed Pulp Fiction and John Travolta showed up (I wasn't there as I was in transit). But they have this every year across from Grauman's Chinese Theater. They utilize this theater plus many in the area; even the hotel pool. The tickets are only $20 for the entire weekend. They also have VIP tickets that include food and meet/greets. There are signs everywhere saying you may be filmed as they show it on TCM.

Jodie Foster is putting her hands in Cement as I type this but I have a conference call I can't miss. My wife is there.

This is really cool. I was thinking about @Wandering Spectator or @Midnighter2 and others that may do this kind of thing. I don't have the time as I have a rehearsal dinner tonight and the wedding Saturday night. I may try to take in a viewing of Chinatown between events.

I happen to be in LA today for a wedding. By happenstance, TCM is having a movie marathon, which they do every year. Last night they showed Pulp Fiction and John Travolta showed up (I wasn't there as I was in transit). But they have this every year across from Grauman's Chinese Theater. They utilize this theater plus many in the area; even the hotel pool. The tickets are only $20 for the entire weekend. They also have VIP tickets that include food and meet/greets. There are signs everywhere saying you may be filmed as they show it on TCM.

Jodie Foster is putting her hands in Cement as I type this but I have a conference call I can't miss. My wife is there.

This is really cool. I was thinking about @Wandering Spectator or @Midnighter2 and others that may do this kind of thing. I don't have the time as I have a rehearsal dinner tonight and the wedding Saturday night. I may try to take in a viewing of Chinatown between events.

TCM is one of my favorite channels. Without it, I never would've been able to see all of those Hitchcock movies, and movies like Casablanca, The Third Man, Double Indemnity, etc.

TCM is one of my favorite channels. Without it, I never would've been able to see all of those Hitchcock movies, and movies like Casablanca, The Third Man, Double Indemnity, etc.
At 2:15 today you can watch Silence of the Lambs at Graumen's Chinese IMAX hosted by Jodie Foster.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I just realized I may be the only straight guy here
4W87KB.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
North by Northwest is my favorite movie. I first saw it in my Cinema class sitting in the balcony at Schwab. It inspired several things in my life including the home I live in now. Eva Marie Saint is still with us, age 99.

I love TCM and the classic Noir films from the 40's. I love Bogart's movies. While most say Casablanca is their favorite Bogart movie, my all time favorite film noir is The Maltese Falcon.

Eddie Muller does those noir film intro's the best.

Last edited:
I love TCM and the classic Noir films from the 40's. I love Bogart's movies. While most say Casablanca is their favorite Bogart movie, my all time favorite film noir is The Maltese Falcon.

Eddie Muller does those noir film intro's the best.

My wife and I watched The Big Sleep tonight, and I was confused as hell...couldn't follow the plot at all. But Bogie and Bacall were classic...well worth the investment of two hours. Also, so many smolderingly hot chicks in that movie. I mean, Hollywood in those days showed that you don't need sex to make a sexy flick.

My wife and I watched The Big Sleep tonight, and I was confused as hell...couldn't follow the plot at all. But Bogie and Bacall were classic...well worth the investment of two hours. Also, so many smolderingly hot chicks in that movie. I mean, Hollywood in those days showed that you don't need sex to make a sexy flick.
I loved the Big Sleep too. Great film noir but it's well accepted that the plot makes no sense.

Reactions: Jerry
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT