ADVERTISEMENT

Student Football Tickets

PSU77sh

Apr 4, 2013
Graduate Student tickets sold out yesterday in 26 minutes. Senior tickets sold out today in 3 minutes. Juniors are up tomorrow. Traditionally Freshman and Junior tickets were the quickest to sell out - Freshmen for obvious reasons; Juniors because for many it's their first year at University Park.

Graduate Student tickets sold out yesterday in 26 minutes. Senior tickets sold out today in 3 minutes. Juniors are up tomorrow. Traditionally Freshman and Junior tickets were the quickest to sell out - Freshmen for obvious reasons; Juniors because for many it's their first year at University Park.

Let’s be honest. It takes 5 minutes and you can make $400 by selling them. I’d actually be impressed if the stands were more than half full for the snoozers.

Believe prices are capped when they are sold on the student exchange. Believe you can also sell only a few of your tickets, not all of them.

Reactions: NittanyLion15
Juniors sold out in 4 minutes. For those who don't have current students, it is sort of nerve-racking these days to get your student a ticket ... unlike the "old days". I was up with my daughter this morning on separate computers hoping to get a ticket ... which she did. I guess this is just another sign that PSU football is as strong as ever. My older daughter (2011-15) didn't have as much trouble getting tickets after her freshman year (2011) with the sanctions and everything going on. But now it is almost like trying to get a ticket to Adele or other top performer. Only one more year to go for this!
35756898_10155816703943198_1208216481238614016_o.jpg

Believe prices are capped when they are sold on the student exchange. Believe you can also sell only a few of your tickets, not all of them.
I hope this is true. I was really ticked a few years back when I heard stories of student tickets going up on EBay and other sites (for a profit of course) immediately after the student tickets were sold. We are 6 for 6 so far with tickets for my two PSU daughters, but I really wish students would leave the tickets for those who really want to attend the games.

Reactions: PSU77sh
I hope this is true. I was really ticked a few years back when I heard stories of student tickets going up on EBay and other sites (for a profit of course) immediately after the student tickets were sold. We are 6 for 6 so far with tickets for my two PSU daughters, but I really wish students would leave the tickets for those who really want to attend the games.
Yea, you both are sort of right. You can sell 4 of your tickets. The max price on the exchange is $60. So you can make your money back and still go to 3 games.

My sophomore daughter just found out that she is not eligible to buy tickets. She has been rearranging her schedule since last semester and was not registered for 12 credits by May 30th. Being on a wait list does not count. I wonder how many students register for classes knowing they will drop them just to make the 12 credit limit on May 30.

She was very upset but I told her even if she was eligible there was a chance she would not get the tickets since they sell out so fast. She will be buying tickets on the exchange. She can't go to the OSU game anyway since we will be at a family wedding.

Students have been scalping their student tickets for many many many many years. Back in the stone ages of paper season student passes and before assigned seating I sold my season pass at a profit as I also sold game day programs. Back then, they left you into the stadium to cash out and once you were in, you could just walk up into the student section and sit down.

My sophomore daughter just found out that she is not eligible to buy tickets. She has been rearranging her schedule since last semester and was not registered for 12 credits by May 30th. Being on a wait list does not count. I wonder how many students register for classes knowing they will drop them just to make the 12 credit limit on May 30.

She may be eligible to purchase them as a freshman. I know of several kids that ran into similar, though not identical problems, due to their doing a semester abroad (not through PSU), or a co-op during a semester, etc. Each of them was unable to purchase on the day they thought they were supposed to, but were able to purchase tix on the day for the younger class. It's worth a try.

A family with a wedding during football season is no family of mine

And this part of the family are OSU fans!! Bastards. The wedding is actually on a Friday and we have to drive a few hours for it. The logistics of my daughter getting back to State College for the game would have been really tough. We will be able to watch the game on TV at home and my daughter was thinking she would just stay home and watch it with us even before she learned about the tickets.

Yea, you both are sort of right. You can sell 4 of your tickets. The max price on the exchange is $60. So you can make your money back and still go to 3 games.

Sigh. Students meet up and exchange cash and do the transfer online at that point. You sell the 4 highest cost games at 10x face and then don’t go to the rest.

Sigh. Students meet up and exchange cash and do the transfer online at that point. You sell the 4 highest cost games at 10x face and then don’t go to the rest.

Oh, that's sneaky. In very clever fashion, disobeying the rules in an offhand way that leads to a very large profit that nobody else notices.

The BOT would be very proud of them.

Reactions: MaconNitt

So I was there 05-08 and with exception of my Freshman year, when they team was coming of 4 losing seasons in five years, the tickets sold out so fast that if you didn't click submit by the time the clock hit 7AM, you did not get them. I had a couple of friends who did just that, and still were left out. (2006 was especially tough, as the student section received the acclamation from Herbie in 2005, the #1 party school in that same year.. (I think) ... So the excitement that built up from the Orange Bowl victory until June of 2006 was nuts, the support from the students to keep those titles, was heard all over campus in the Spring.

Back in 2006 many students, myself included had terrible internet capabilities at home, which is where many students are during the summer. I had to use a DSL connection, which was not much better than Dialup. I remember hitting submit, and the little hour glass spun on my computer for 15 minutes. I was legit pacing back & forth in my dads office, ready to lost my mind if the reason I missed tickets was because of my shitty internet connection.

Luckily, after which seemed like an hour, the page updated and I was told I had them. For my any of my friends it wasn't the case. All you had to do was show a student ID to get in, and I don't think they even swiped them.. you just had to have the ID presented with the ticket when they tore the stub, so if you were unable to get them.. you could always find someone willing to sell them. Nothing was done online with exception of the initial purchase.

The best part of being a student and getting tickets is that you only get four years to sit in that section, and although it would be a bit much for most games now... it really is something you can only get while you're going to PSU. I've never been a big fan of any process that allows a student to resell their ticket to the general public. Is that the case now?

Students who aren't able to secure season tickets should at least have the ability to sign up on the wait list for any unused tickets. For example, if the visiting team sends back a portion of their allotment, I feel those seats should go to students. I have always felt that a waiting list system would be the fairest way to redistribute tickets if a student can't go. Before the ticket is made available to the general public, it only makes sense for it to get recirculated within the existing student body. If there's no interest and the tickets don't resell, they should off them up for resale day of game.

Son just got his sophmore ticket. Pressure packed 7 minutes! Whew! Otherwise I’m stuck with him sitting with me. Now he’s heading back to bed. What a life! I’d make him stay up but I don’t have anything for him to do!

Son just got his sophmore ticket. Pressure packed 7 minutes! Whew! Otherwise I’m stuck with him sitting with me. Now he’s heading back to bed. What a life! I’d make him stay up but I don’t have anything for him to do!

I just lived this same experience with my daughter.....only difference....I 'm off to work........Time to make the donuts (tuition).

Strictly for comparison sake, I wonder how student ticket sales are doing at other local PA universities?

LOL, remember queuing up in line at the IM building to get your classes?
Ah, the good old days. I recall roaming the floor of the IM building hoping to get a coveted punch card similar to the one below which would secure my spot in the desired class section. Nowadays students login at their designated time from the comfort of their home, make a few clicks and finalize their schedules. It makes me jealous.

us__en_us__ibm100__punched_card__80_column__620x281.jpg

In my day it was the old Mary Beaver White building, in some big old gym. It was extremely inefficient.

Yea, my middle sister had to go to Rec Hall '73-76. I'm not sure where my older sister had to go, she was there from '68-71. I did the IM building '81-85.
I didn't have much of a problem getting the classes I wanted. There wasn't a big demand for Graphic Design and Art History classes. LOL.

LOL, remember queuing up in line at the IM building to get your classes?
I remember your time slot was based on the last digit of your SSN ... and of course mine is a '9'. I had friends in the earliest time slot ('0' and '1') come back saying sections in my required sequence courses (Physics 202, Chem 13, etc) were already filled. It was at the end of the term (prior to semesters) and they also told me if you said you had a ride home leaving soon they would let you in before your time slot. I ran up to the IM building and told them this to get in. Of course they had opened other sections, but I still remember thinking what would have happened if I had waited to the last time slot?! What a cluster eff that system was!

I do envy the students that can register online these days.

Reactions: BBrown
You obviously never had a wife ask you for Adele tickets when she performed in your city!? Within seconds of them going on sale I was told there were no tickets left and secondary markets started at over $1,000 per ticket.

http://6abc.com/entertainment/fans-outraged-over-adele-ticket-sales/1128030/

I'm not doubting her tickets can be tough to get, I'm doubting she is a "top performer". Some artists will not tour often and only make stops at a handful of cities, driving up demand, and then sit back and enjoy the publicity. If she was really a "top performer", she would be having more tours with more stops, and still selling tickets like crazy.

That is also from 2015, would she still be as popular today?

Ah, the good old days. I recall roaming the floor of the IM building hoping to get a coveted punch card similar to the one below which would secure my spot in the desired class section. Nowadays students login at their designated time from the comfort of their home, make a few clicks and finalize their schedules. It makes me jealous.

us__en_us__ibm100__punched_card__80_column__620x281.jpg

Wow, that punch card looks way too familiar!

In 1968 - 1972 I had the same method of enrolling at KU. Allen Fieldhouse is of course tremendous for basketball. But the inside of the non-air conditioned AFH in 90* temperatures each August as we went through the stand-in-line, run, stand-in-another-line, repeat, repeat were absolutely brutal!

I'm not doubting her tickets can be tough to get, I'm doubting she is a "top performer". Some artists will not tour often and only make stops at a handful of cities, driving up demand, and then sit back and enjoy the publicity. If she was really a "top performer", she would be having more tours with more stops, and still selling tickets like crazy.

Well, the last two times I was stupid enough to think I could actually purchase tickets online to concerts were Adele and Elton John. With Elton I could at least have purchased individual tickets ... that wasn't even an option with Adele so I used her as my example. Either way, outfits like StubHub who snatch up as many tickets as possible and resell for huge profits make it very difficult for the "real fans" to buy tickets any more. I still prefer the days where you had to sleep out in line at locations to get tickets, so if you REALLY wanted to see an event you could at the sacrifice of comfort and time.

Now get off my lawn! :p

Reactions: pandaczar12

Probably more so since she retired from touring.

I just lived this same experience with my daughter.....only difference....I 'm off to work........Time to make the donuts (tuition).

Same with me
ME
- put garbage out
- get PSU Tix for daughter
- go to work

DAUGHTER
- get up a few minutes before 7
- tell me our computer is slow
- see me get Tix
- have bowl of cereal
- back to bed

Same with me
ME
- put garbage out
- get PSU Tix for daughter
- go to work

DAUGHTER
- get up a few minutes before 7
- tell me our computer is slow
- see me get Tix
- have bowl of cereal
- back to bed

So in the steps for this what is the
  • Enter the security verification code → Continue.
I assume generated by ticketmaster? just want to make sure there is no emailed security code done by the university like 6 months ago or something like that

So in the steps for this what is the
  • Enter the security verification code → Continue.
I assume generated by ticketmaster? just want to make sure there is no emailed security code done by the university like 6 months ago or something like that

That was covered in the “get tickets” portion of my morning

You have to verify using Stufent ID and then you can “Find Tix”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT