ADVERTISEMENT

Streaming Thread

RD, Thanks for being a friend to Jr. For the life of me I can't remember who he had in the semis. WPIAL placement for 112lb in 1999 was

Mt. Pleasant
West Allegheny
Char Valley
Seneca Valley

Western PA was tough, at PIAA a week later:

Mt Pleasant. 1st. Spates
Char Valley. 3rd. Hutton
West Allegheny 4th Tarquinio
Seneca Valley. DNP. 1-2. Knocked out by Tarq.
This might help:

RD, Thanks for being a friend to Jr. For the life of me I can't remember who he had in the semis. WPIAL placement for 112lb in 1999 was

Mt. Pleasant
West Allegheny
Char Valley
Seneca Valley

Western PA was tough, at PIAA a week later:

Mt Pleasant. 1st. Spates
Char Valley. 3rd. Hutton
West Allegheny 4th Tarquinio
Seneca Valley. DNP. 1-2. Knocked out by Tarq.
You had the wrong year. He wrestled Kirk Main in the semis at RMU. Kirk was a freshman. Interesting story there, but Kirk had to wrestle JV at the beginning of the year because he didn’t make weight to wrestle off against returning state champ Jeff Breese. Breese ended up getting reinjured and Kirk popped in the lineup. Kirk was a 4-5 JO state champ who ended up making it to the wpial finals and placing at states the same year he had to wrestle JV. There was some chatter about Kirk beating Jeff in a wrestle off in McGuffey but we never got to see who would win. You could have sold tickets to that match in McGuffey and raised a lot of money. It would have been interesting. Jeffrey was undefeated PIAA Champ but got injured in soccer that Fall.

I'll check, but the chances of me banging through 6.5 hours of anything are pretty slim.

tenor.png

A wrestling friend recommended Dangal on Netflix. It is about a man that doesn’t acheive his dream of medaling for his country of India so he vows his son will, but he and his wife have daughters, so he starts training them. I watched the trailer so far and it looks good, all subtitles though. Based on a true story.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I thought it (A shot int the Dark) was pretty good. Check out "Junkyard Dogs" on Amazon Prime as well, which includes a Jake Varner appearance.
I finally watched "A Shot in the Dark" (movie) on Amazon Prime. A true story about NJ high school wrestler Anthony Ferraro who is legally blind. The entire movie is real footage of the wrestler's practices and matches in his quest to make it to States in 2012. It was enjoyable for me but not sure it would be as enjoyable for someone who wasn't a big wrestling fan. If you don't know much about the backstory, Ferraro trained at Mike Malinconico's Rhino club, which was pretty cool to see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT