ADVERTISEMENT

Streaming Thread

Warning: “Wonder Woman 1984” is a very bad movie. It is likely to put your jaw on the floor because you can’t believe how bad it is on every level. I don’t want to say more for fear of spoiling the movie for Ranger Dan and others. :)

For calibration purposes, I should say that I liked the previous Wonder Woman movie just fine.

Last edited:
Warning: “Wonder Woman 1984” is a very bad movie. It is likely to put your jaw on the floor because you can’t believe how bad it is on every level. I don’t want to say more for fear of spoiling the movie for Ranger Dan and others. :)

For calibration purposes, I should say that I liked the previous Wonder Woman movie just fine.
As bad as Santa Jaws on the Sci-fi channel? 😂

Reactions: Dogwelder
I watched Don't F**k with Cats on Netflix the other night. It's a documentary about a murderer that posted videos on the internet about his crimes. Worth the watch if you have an evening to kill. 😉

As bad as Santa Jaws on the Sci-fi channel? 😂
I googled Santa Jaws. The review I found via the Tomato site makes me think Santa Jaws would be far better. Because the review said this about Santa Jaws:

“It's deeply stupid, knows it's stupid, knows you know it's stupid, knows you know it knows etc ...
But just because it's stupid doesn't mean it's easy, and Santa Jaws nails the formula ...”

Which seems a good thing. In contrast, WW1984 doesn’t always know it’s stupid, and seems to assume the viewer is stupid, and botches the formulas that it is trying to steal and combine from Jim Carrey movies and other movies. :)

Last edited:
Last night, I let Mrspa pick the movie. The first one we started was awful. Overt, in your face alternate sexual/political stuff that we didn't keep on for five minutes. Can't/won't even remember the name.

The second one was "Remember Me." This was a RomDram, had all the makings of "setting the mood." Guy and girl both have bad stuff in their past, they meet, fall in love, it falls apart, they dramatically get back together. All's good in the world. They could have stopped it right there. They should have stopped it right there. But, they didn't. The end takes a turn that you would never expect, that instead of making her turn to you for a kiss, makes you turn to each other in disbelief, kills the mood, and makes you relive an unbelievable moment from our past.

It's great. You should watch it. 🙄

Reactions: jtothemfp
Last night, I let Mrspa pick the movie. The first one we started was awful. Overt, in your face alternate sexual/political stuff that we didn't keep on for five minutes. Can't/won't even remember the name.

The second one was "Remember Me." This was a RomDram, had all the makings of "setting the mood." Guy and girl both have bad stuff in their past, they meet, fall in love, it falls apart, they dramatically get back together. All's good in the world. They could have stopped it right there. They should have stopped it right there. But, they didn't. The end takes a turn that you would never expect, that instead of making her turn to you for a kiss, makes you turn to each other in disbelief, kills the mood, and makes you relive an unbelievable moment from our past.

It's great. You should watch it. 🙄
If you ever get tired of whatever it is that you do for a living it might be worth trying to fill the gap left by Siskel and Ebert.
I'd subscribe! 😎

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
If you ever get tired of whatever it is that you do for a living it might be worth trying to fill the gap left by Siskel and Ebert.
I'd subscribe! 😎
Thanks, but I've seen the creative minds on this board, and I don't hold a candle to them.

My two pennies...
For the guys:
Ozark (Netflix) Great show.
Succession (HBO) is great. S2 is better than S1.
The Leftovers (HBO)
Cobra Kai (Netflix) Started watching for nostalgia reasons, but it’s a decent show.
Watching with the wife:
The Queens Gambit (Netflix)
Bridgerton (New on Netflix)
Mrs Maisel (Amazon Prime)
Dead To Me (Netflix) Christina Applegate has still “got it.”

Hi guys, is the wrestling movie “A Shot in the Dark” enjoyable even for non-wrestling family members to watch? Or, better yet, what are good wrestling movies to watch with non-wrestling family members? The ones that I already have seen are “Win Win” and “Vision Quest”.

Last edited:
For those of you who enjoy movies that are so bad they are entertaining, I recommend Samurai Cop. Or just watch a few highlights on YouTube 🗡👮‍♂️=🤣

Hi guys, is the wrestling movie “A Shot in the Dark” enjoyable even for non-wrestling family members to watch? Or, better yet, what are good wrestling movies to watch with non-wrestling family members? The ones that I already have seen are “Win Win” and “Vision Quest”.

I thought it (A shot int the Dark) was pretty good. Check out "Junkyard Dogs" on Amazon Prime as well, which includes a Jake Varner appearance.

Yellowstone is fantastic. As someone previously mentioned.... it’s like The Godfather with cowboys. Cole Hauser as Rip is IMO the best character

also, Hauser has a wrestling movie out on Amazon and other steaming channels called “The Last Champion”. Haven’t seen it but heard good things.

I just watched American Wrestler The Wizard and it was pretty cool. The wrestling scenes are decent and it was set in my high school years of the Iran Hostage crisis so I found the story very interesting. Based on true life which I always like. I happened to find the DVD at Dollar Tree. Cool seeing the old timers/clocks they used when I was in High School

we also then rewatched Reversal. Acting is not great but wrestling scenes are decent and it is fairly true to life.

I just watched American Wrestler The Wizard and it was pretty cool. The wrestling scenes are decent and it was set in my high school years of the Iran Hostage crisis so I found the story very interesting. Based on true life which I always like. I happened to find the DVD at Dollar Tree. Cool seeing the old timers/clocks they used when I was in High School

we also then rewatched Reversal. Acting is not great but wrestling scenes are decent and it is fairly true to life.
Reversal had some pretty good PA wrestlers in the movie, including Jeff Breese and Justin Spates, who had the epic throwdown with his movie dad. :) If I remember correctly, the old guy who had the barn played himself and had a role in Jeremy Hunter's development (among others).

Reversal, that brings back memories. I can't remember who but someone contacted me to have my son be in the movie. I think they were still looking for the lead character. We were sent the script, I read it and but wouldn't let my son try out for it. It was too strong for my values as I was pretty button down then and now.

I am a minor league pack rat and wanted to keep the script as a memento that I ruined my son's acting career. I just asked my wife if we had it, she said no as she found my hiding place and pitched it.

The kid who got the lead was Dan Mousetis from Washington High School. Dan went on to wrestle for the University of Pennsylvania and my son at Brown. I guess they wanted kids who could remember the script.

After that post I had to go back and look it up and I was thinking correctly that my son as a 103 pound freshman in high school, ran into Dan Mousetis at the Powerade Tournament. Dan was a sophomore and Dan won in rideout. 1997 seems like decades ago.;) Tough Tournament.

Reversal had some pretty good PA wrestlers in the movie, including Jeff Breese and Justin Spates, who had the epic throwdown with his movie dad. :) If I remember correctly, the old guy who had the barn played himself and had a role in Jeremy Hunter's development (among others).
He’s a former Penn State wrestler named Jeremy Seaman. He ran Flight Time with Jeff Breese’s dad where a lot of the movie was shot. This was an elite club before clubs were born. He’s still heavily tied in to Penn State wrestling, but while involved and in the same town as Jeremy Hunter he was not his coach. Mousetis dad and grandfather are names you know in the sport.

Some of my favorite lines is when Justin Spates character makes a comment about no good wrestlers being in 100 miles...

and when Jerry at the barn says about losing weight that he might start to shake, lose his vision, be unable to grip, and a few more things, but don’t worry, get to the locker room and chew some ice chips and you will be ok.

Dumb question but where can I watch Reversal? Is it deep in the recesses of any mainstream steaming services? I didn’t even know it existed, but it was made/takes place around the time I was competing in high school (late 90s/turn of the century).

Justin Spates was one hell of a talent in high school. When he moved in, he bumped my son and others down on the winners platform with ease.

I think it was when my son was a sophomore and we were leaving States, I committed about Justin Spates and how he wrestled in the finals. On a restart, his opponent was in the bottom position. Justin decided to do the Optional start. He notified the ref, properly put his hands on the back and the whistle blew. The opponent did not move, he just stayed on all fours, stationary. After about 5 seconds, Justin must have said to himself screw this, and immediately slapped a cradle on the kid and turned him over to his back for back points. His opponent wasn't a fish but Spates was just too much. My Lord was that impressive.

My son agreed about that match but pointed out what Spates did for the entire 3 day tournament. I had to look at my paper bracket, Spates never gave up a point. He pitched a shutout at one of the toughest high school tournaments in the country. That kid who could have escaped and later told his grandkids that he was the only one to score on Spates was now resigned to his memory of the ceiling lights in Hershey and a ref counting to five.

True story: Spates and I caught a fellow groomsmen who had too much to drink the night before the wedding and passed out in the middle of the ceremony.

Most guys catch a garter belt at the wedding, but ok........

* Bordeaux, can you help out and work your magic here as this is a tag team kind of post.

Dumb question but where can I watch Reversal? Is it deep in the recesses of any mainstream steaming services? I didn’t even know it existed, but it was made/takes place around the time I was competing in high school (late 90s/turn of the century).
Well you can order a DVD from their website for $20
Amazon has it for $21.23, I can't seem to find anyone streaming it.

If you have Netflix where you still get DVD's in the mail, you can add it to your queue, I know most have dropped that portion of their netflix subscription

True story: Spates and I caught a fellow groomsmen who had too much to drink the night before the wedding and passed out in the middle of the ceremony.
I used to do wedding videos. I watched a groom go down once. I could tell it was going to happen, but I am just the camera guy, so I just kept videoing so he would have it for posterity!!

Well you can order a DVD from their website for $20
Amazon has it for $21.23, I can't seem to find anyone streaming it.

If you have Netflix where you still get DVD's in the mail, you can add it to your queue, I know most have dropped that portion of their netflix subscription

There are also dvds on ebay for about $15 but getting from the movie website gives you bonus footage that may not be on the used dvds

Justin Spates was one hell of a talent in high school. When he moved in, he bumped my son and others down on the winners platform with ease.

I think it was when my son was a sophomore and we were leaving States, I committed about Justin Spates and how he wrestled in the finals. On a restart, his opponent was in the bottom position. Justin decided to do the Optional start. He notified the ref, properly put his hands on the back and the whistle blew. The opponent did not move, he just stayed on all fours, stationary. After about 5 seconds, Justin must have said to himself screw this, and immediately slapped a cradle on the kid and turned him over to his back for back points. His opponent wasn't a fish but Spates was just too much. My Lord was that impressive.

My son agreed about that match but pointed out what Spates did for the entire 3 day tournament. I had to look at my paper bracket, Spates never gave up a point. He pitched a shutout at one of the toughest high school tournaments in the country. That kid who could have escaped and later told his grandkids that he was the only one to score on Spates was now resigned to his memory of the ceiling lights in Hershey and a ref counting to five.
Are you from Seneca Valley?

Reactions: 7brwnpsu

I agree. I remember watching Spates and thinking he’s going to be an NCAA champ with ease. He was always in total control and was technically so sound and had the bloodlines. It didn’t work out that way. The other one I would have bet my wallet would have won an NCAA championship was Ciasulli from Easton.

Easton, pumped out a ton of top kids.

My son in College roomed with a kid from Wilson High School. Something is in the water there.

Last edited:
I used to do wedding videos. I watched a groom go down once. I could tell it was going to happen, but I am just the camera guy, so I just kept videoing so he would have it for posterity!!
Oh, you're one of those photographers. Guy on fire with a bucket of water beside him, but your immediate thought is, "Gotta get this on tape. This is gonna be great!" 🤣

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Oh, you're one of those photographers. Guy on fire with a bucket of water beside him, but your immediate thought is, "Gotta get this on tape. This is gonna be great!" 🤣
Lol, almost saw that once too, ok, wasn’t a guy, it was a flower arrangement on the head table with candles in it and I guess it was under a ventilation duct so the candle burned down quicker than others, candle lit the flowers, got it on video!

Actually no, I put the fire out with a glass of water.

Lol, almost saw that once too, ok, wasn’t a guy, it was a flower arrangement on the head table with candles in it and I guess it was under a ventilation duct so the candle burned down quicker than others, candle lit the flowers, got it on video!

Actually no, I put the fire out with a glass of water.
I hope you had the camera running on a tripod so that you caught your heroic act!
giphy.gif

Great, I used to talk to your son quite a bit 20 years ago. One of my best friends wrestled him in the semis at WPIALs at RMU to then wrestle Spates.

RD, Thanks for being a friend to Jr. For the life of me I can't remember who he had in the semis. WPIAL placement for 112lb in 1999 was

Mt. Pleasant
West Allegheny
Char Valley
Seneca Valley

Western PA was tough, at PIAA a week later:

Mt Pleasant. 1st. Spates
Char Valley. 3rd. Hutton
West Allegheny 4th Tarquinio
Seneca Valley. DNP. 1-2. Knocked out by Tarq.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT