ADVERTISEMENT

Streaming Thread

Binged Tiger King over the weekend with Mrspa. One of those things that you can't turn away from after you start, even though you really want to.

Tried to start Schitt's Creek last night. It either wasn't all that funny, or I just wasn't in the mood.

I personally loved Schitt's Creek (as did Mrs. Arrow), but remember it took me a couple tries to get through the first few episodes. It was highly recommended enough times that I kept watching and eventually loved it.

Not a show for everyone, but I enjoyed it.

Lol, Peaky Blinders, darn autocorrect. Great first season, slowed down a little in followups, imho.

"Peaky Blinders" and "Hell on Wheels" on Netflix are both winners. If it's still around, "Justified" is great as well.

I recommend After Life, especially for those who enjoy Ricky Gervais' brand of comedy. Season two drops on Netflix later this month.

The Kominsky Method is also pretty good. Alan Arkin is great. Two seasons are available on Netflix.

The Boys really is good. Karl Urban is great. Definitely worth a look.

I recommend After Life, especially for those who enjoy Ricky Gervais' brand of comedy. Season two drops on Netflix later this month.

The Kominsky Method is also pretty good. Alan Arkin is great. Two seasons are available on Netflix.

Derek was really good too, also from gervais.

Community is now on netflix too

I watched all of Tiger King, and will probably eventually watch the new episode, but I think it raised more questions about how bad documentaries are made than about its purported subject matter. The filmmaking was as crassly exploitative as its subjects were of the animals. I had repeated pangs of moral rot while watching. But I rubberneck at bad car accidents like everyone else, so I'm no less guilty.

I watched all of Tiger King, and will probably eventually watch the new episode, but I think it raised more questions about how bad documentaries are made than about its purported subject matter. The filmmaking was as crassly exploitative as its subjects were of the animals. I had repeated pangs of moral rot while watching. But I rubberneck at bad car accidents like everyone else, so I'm no less guilty.
You tend to introduce nail heads and hammers with ruthless efficiency, tikk.

Reactions: tikk10
Dave Chappelle "Sticks and Stones" had me rolling the other night...Dave can literally say anything NETFLIX

The Steve Jobs movie is fantastic. The Ashton Kutcher one is too, but I just watched this one now. Kinda wild that I hadn't seen it before. Anyways, good film.

The Steve Jobs movie is fantastic. The Ashton Kutcher one is too, but I just watched this one now. Kinda wild that I hadn't seen it before. Anyways, good film.

I dont think it I saw these mentioned, excuse if it was

The kingdom- Netflix
Mayans MC on FX on demand
Snowfall on fx on demand
The ranch - Netflix
The Duece - HBO on demand
Banshee- cinemax on demand
Curb your enthusiasm HBO now
Better call Saul AMC now
Deadliest catch new season starts this week.

Some fun youtubers out there: Hoomantv (shampoo and gold digger pranks), rebeltv, thatwasepic, etc..

My wife is addicted to any cooking show. Fortunately she's so addicted to some that she hasn't nearly discovered all of them.

The Great British Baking Show -- pretty good.

Its Aussie knock-off version -- Zumbo's Just Desserts -- atrocious. Even my wife isn't sure if she's only watching it to kill time. (Which means absolutely that's the only reason.) If you make the mistake of watching just one episode, massive amounts of AC/DC + Mad Max + Crocodile Hunter will be required to get that garbage out of your head.

Both Netflix.
Your wife will really like Ugly Delicious on Netflix. It's highly educational and funny as hell.

I dont think it I saw these mentioned, excuse if it was

The kingdom- Netflix
Mayans MC on FX on demand
Snowfall on fx on demand
The ranch - Netflix
The Duece - HBO on demand
Banshee- cinemax on demand
Curb your enthusiasm HBO now
Better call Saul AMC now
Deadliest catch new season starts this week.

These are all trrrible shows except for. Better Call Saul and Curb.

Time to be different.
TV
1. Peep Show (BBC and Prime I think. Maybe Netflix)
2. Back (BBC and Prime/netflix)
3. The Vicar of Dibley (BBC. Not sure it's streaming)
4. Stath Lets Flats (BBC./Daily Motion)
5. Columbo. Amazon Prime via IMDB tv
Movies:
1. It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. Dick Shawn was a genius.
2. Harvey. (1950, Jimmy Stewart, Look for it on TCM)

Obviously, there are a lot of good movies. I figured I pick a those two in case the young un's never saw Mad Mad and I just found Harvey myself.

Best of Youtube:

Jim Can't Swim; interrogation videos. For a $1 join his Patreon and see what Youtube took down. Start with a master class in the most famous interrogation of all starts at 1:25.

University Challenge; the old College Bowl on steroids.

李子柒 Liziqi ; has 60 million Chinese Youtube followers. There's a reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcShBujgsIQ

Cracking the Cryptic: puzzle logic with Mark and Simon:

Mateen Cleaves court case: Over the top court case, all on Youtube:

Learn or play bridge for free: https://www.bridgebase.com/

Play scrabble against people who are better than you: https://isc.ro/

Reactions: nerfstate
Best of Youtube:

Jim Can't Swim; interrogation videos. For a $1 join his Patreon and see what Youtube took down. Start with a master class in the most famous interrogation of all starts at 1:25.

University Challenge; the old College Bowl on steroids.

李子柒 Liziqi ; has 60 million Chinese Youtube followers. There's a reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcShBujgsIQ

Cracking the Cryptic: puzzle logic with Mark and Simon:

Mateen Cleaves court case: Over the top court case, all on Youtube:

Learn or play bridge for free: https://www.bridgebase.com/

Play scrabble against people who are better than you: https://isc.ro/
Solid recs, Jammes. Love that Garlic one.

Longmire
Sons of Anarchy
Justified

I just started watching Longmire. I cannot believe I haven’t before because I like the Western genre. I think I resisted because I did not expect it to be very well done. My mistake.

I’m only in Season 2, so there is a ways to go.

I am a big Jesse Stone fan. Walt Longmire, I think, has similar attributes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hotshoe and SLUPSU
I just started watching Longmire. I cannot believe I haven’t before because I like the Western genre. I think I resisted because I. did not expect it to be very well done. My mistake.

I’m only in Season 2, so there is a ways to go.

I am a big Jesse Stone fan. Walt Longmire, I think, has similar attributes.
Another Jesse Stone movie would be excellent. Don't know if that's in the cards.

Another Jesse Stone movie would be excellent. Don't know if that's in the cards.

Three years ago, Selleck said they had a deal (with Hallmark) to do a 10th film. He crafts these movies diligently, so he wouldn’t try to rush anything. But, Selleck is now 75, and you would have to think that doing a full season of Blue Bloods + writing and acting in a TV movie might be a tough ask.

I enjoy Tom Selleck’s work.

His mother was from Barnesboro (now Northern Cambria), Pa.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Three years ago, Selleck said they had a deal (with Hallmark) to do a 10th film. He crafts these movies diligently, so he wouldn’t try to rush anything. But, Selleck is now 75, and you would have to think that doing a full season of Blue Bloods + writing and acting in a TV movie might be a tough ask.

I enjoy Tom Selleck’s work.

His mother was from Barnesboro (now Northern Cambria), Pa.
And therein lies the problem. Blue Bloods, which I love. Btw, The Last Frontier Season 4 on Netflix starts Sunday April 26th!

Some more

Yellowstone...on demand paramount
Punisher .... Netflix

And therein lies the problem. Blue Bloods, which I love. Btw, The Last Frontier Season 4 on Netflix starts Sunday April 26th!

I’m with you on Blue Bloods. I have watched each episode at least 3 times. I repeat each season on Netflix after it concludes.

Hannah... Take Bourne Identity, make Jason a teenage girl and add European flair. I just started Season 2 of 3 on Amazon prime.

Edit:S Finished season 2 of 2...no third season:(

Last edited:
Reactions: ecdcr
Hannah... Take Bourne Identity, make Jason a teenage girl and add European flair. I just started Season 2 of 3 on Amazon prime.
I tried and halfway through season one lost interest. I will have to give it another go.

I hear good things about Yellowstone but I was not finding anyway to stream without extra cost, but just found out today it is streamable on the new Peacock app and I get it free with my cable from Comcast. Going to start tonight. Stars Kevin Costner as head of a family out west with one of the largest ranches in the US.

Also got into Animal Kingdom recently. Kind of like Sons of Anarchy without the bikes, set in San Diego area. Halfway through season 2. Available on Amazon Prime

Reactions: PSUer1989
ADVERTISEMENT