ADVERTISEMENT

Streaming Thread

CropDuster507

Jul 13, 2015
No, not what some of you older folks are watching to keep the ol' marriage alive...

What are you cats watching on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime? We're holed-up anyway, might as well share.

If possible, tag what you're watching with the streaming service. Nothing worse than getting all jacked-up, only to realize it's on some service you don't have.

My Current List:
Netflix-
Trailer Park Boys
Tom Segura Special
Bert Kreischer Special
Sam Kinison Family Entertainment Hour
Tiger King
All Jail-related series

Hulu-
All Food Network competitions
Letterkenny
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Sirens
South Park
Married with Children
Seinfeld

What's good? What sucks? If I keep watching wrestling, I'm gonna be depressed as hell.

My wife is addicted to any cooking show. Fortunately she's so addicted to some that she hasn't nearly discovered all of them.

The Great British Baking Show -- pretty good.

Its Aussie knock-off version -- Zumbo's Just Desserts -- atrocious. Even my wife isn't sure if she's only watching it to kill time. (Which means absolutely that's the only reason.) If you make the mistake of watching just one episode, massive amounts of AC/DC + Mad Max + Crocodile Hunter will be required to get that garbage out of your head.

Both Netflix.

5 Seasons of Narcos (3 original/Columbia and 2 Mexico) on Netflix - Spanish language with sub titles is the only drawback

2nd Ozark (Neflix) and Jack Ryan (Amazon Prime)
2 seasons of Mindhunter on Netflix
2 seasons of Big Little Lies on HBO

5 Seasons of Narcos (3 original/Columbia and 2 Mexico) on Netflix - Spanish language with sub titles is the only drawback

2nd Ozark (Neflix) and Jack Ryan (Amazon Prime)
2 seasons of Mindhunter on Netflix
2 seasons of Big Little Lies on HBO
Mind hunter was awesome. Great show if your into learning how the brands brothers think. I kid I kid lol

No, not what some of you older folks are watching to keep the ol' marriage alive...

What are you cats watching on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime? We're holed-up anyway, might as well share.

If possible, tag what you're watching with the streaming service. Nothing worse than getting all jacked-up, only to realize it's on some service you don't have.

My Current List:
Netflix-
Trailer Park Boys
Tom Segura Special
Bert Kreischer Special
Tiger King
All Jail-related series

Hulu-
Letterkenny
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Sirens
South Park
Married with Children
Seinfeld

What's good? What sucks? If I keep watching wrestling, I'm gonna be depressed as hell.
Rewatch Sapranos - if you are the type that can’t really remember plot lines.

G.L.O.W. on amazon is pretty great. And it’s “wrestling”. And Allison Brie. And Allison Brie wrestling!

Reactions: jtothemfp
If you like cooking shows Netflix The Chef show is awesome. When John Favreau was getting ready to make the move Chef (also fantastic but not avalable for free streaming) he went to Roy Choi for training to look like a real chef, and they became friends. So The Chef show is pretty much a reason for those two to pal around, met some others, and make then eat some awesome food.

And I second Bloodline, at least season one, I think it last a bit too long, Ozark, the trainwreck Tiger King, and Making a Murderer, All Netflix. Just watched Hunters on Amazon and it was ok, also like Jack Ryan and Marvelous Mrs Maisel, plus bonus, the wife will like Mrs Maisel, all on Amazon.

Giri Haji on Netflix is outstanding. Japanese/British cop thriller over 8 episodes.

Ordinarily I'd feel guilty for watching Tiger King because it's more than a bit exploitative and I'm sensing it's pretty editorially skewed , especially the murder subplot. But you're not going to find anything more distracting. I've actually visited Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, I have family there. Had no idea of all that background.

Mind hunter was awesome. Great show if your into learning how the brands brothers think. I kid I kid lol
Awesome indeed, just finished S2 only to read days later that they canceled filming and will not realease any more

Ditto for Stranger Things

Wouldnt recommend someone starting a series that you know is gonna leave you hanging.

Speaking of... is the new Twin Peaks as good as the original? That show was groundbreaking.

Awesome indeed, just finished S2 only to read days later that they canceled filming and will not realease any more

Ditto for Stranger Things

Wouldnt recommend someone starting a series that you know is gonna leave you hanging.

Speaking of... is the new Twin Peaks as good as the original? That show was groundbreaking.
Whaaaaat. Thats bulsh.. why do they do that just quit filming. Guess I may as well accept the fact I'm handing in my man card and watching stupid stuff on tv the next thirty days. I'm already getting we always watch what you want to watch from the wife which by the way eventually ends up with me always watching what she wants to watch. This typically is some bullsh.. on HD channel about some home project that now I'll be expected to complete in exactly the same time frame as the damn show. Wtf

Whaaaaat. Thats bulsh.. why do they do that just quit filming. Guess I may as well accept the fact I'm handing in my man card and watching stupid stuff on tv the next thirty days. I'm already getting we always watch what you want to watch from the wife which by the way eventually ends up with me always watching what she wants to watch. This typically is some bullsh.. on HD channel about some home project that now I'll be expected to complete in exactly the same time frame as the damn show. Wtf
my understanding is Mindhunter S3 is on hold so FIncher can make some movie(s)

Listen i need wrestling for my damn sanity I'm losing my mind with this stay at home garbage.
Maybe we need a separate thread of wrestling resources online for training/athletic movement/technique/film or competition matches?
I've started to compile a few for my club guys, but that could be invaluable, but seems like a tough task for one individual.

My Current List:
Netflix-
Trailer Park Boys
Tom Segura Special
Bert Kreischer Special
Tiger King
All Jail-related series

Hulu-
Letterkenny
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Sirens
South Park
Married with Children
Seinfeld

To be fair, one of those shows is funny as hell.

Reactions: CropDuster507
HBO- (I’ll leave out the obvious ones like, GOT, Deadwood, Sopranos)
Best new series...
Succession (excellent)
Westworld (excellent)
Both of these shows above have amazing S2.
Chernobyl
The Leftovers (whack show)

Amazon -
Man in High Castle
Mrs Masiel (watch w/ wife)
Jack Ryan
Hanna
The Widow

Netflix -
Ozark
Tiger King
The 100

Hulu - I’ve been paying for it forever and have never watched it... but want to.

Last edited:
Reactions: backdrft76
Hulu has all the seasons of Fargo!!! Season 2 is my favorite piece of television all time. The music and setting is top notch.

Reactions: tikk10
Ditto a lot of above:
Netflix: tiger king, making a murderer, ozark,
Amazon prime: hunters (great) jack ryan
Hbo: curbed and got and Sopranos and Wire...

Add: Brockmire (IFC/HULU) Hank azria is amazing in this crude humor baseball show

Red Oak (Aprime) fun 70/80s throwback

Shameless/weeds/episodes: all older showtime shows on Netflix that are worth a look

Many of the Ken Burns PBS shows on Netflix, including Civil war, vietnam, and west are amazing and even possibly educational....

Finally my must sees:
Luck HBO. 1 amazing season
Flaked Netflix. Will Arnett is perfect
Eastbound and down HBO. Probably the best fictional character since Huck Finn.

Ditto a lot of above:

Add: Brockmire (IFC/HULU) Hank azria is amazing in this crude humor baseball show

Shameless/weeds/episodes: all older showtime shows on Netflix that are worth a look

Many of the Ken Burns PBS shows on Netflix, including Civil war, vietnam, and west are amazing and even possibly educational....

Finally my must sees:
I forgot about The Wire. Wow, that was a great show. Luck was great too. Damn shame it had to end prematurely.

Reactions: PASLP2
Ditto a lot of above:

Finally my must sees:

Weeds was awesome! But I totally have a thing for Mary-Louise Parker
Also liked Red Oaks, especially if you grew up in the 80's/90's

Reactions: jtothemfp
Binged Tiger King over the weekend with Mrspa. One of those things that you can't turn away from after you start, even though you really want to.

Tried to start Schitt's Creek last night. It either wasn't all that funny, or I just wasn't in the mood.

All-American on Netflix....pretty decent and based on a true story with the second season having just completed.

GOt, boardwalk empire, band of brothers, Spartacus, penny dreadful, 1st season westworld, witch hunter, pinky blinders

Reactions: liex26
I work at a hospital, not that much down time but was getting shoulder surgery till this crap hit that was my list for that

ADVERTISEMENT