ADVERTISEMENT

Streaming Thread

Just watched three seasons of Yellowstone and really liked it. Weird streaming options, had to watch seasons 1 and 2 on Peacock then season three from Paramount Network.

Reactions: Sullivan
The Docuseries “Class Action Park” on Netflix is a great nostalgia trip. I never went to Action Park, but definitely remember the commercials.

Reactions: PASLP2
The Docuseries “Class Action Park” on Netflix is a great nostalgia trip. I never went to Action Park, but definitely remember the commercials.
I visited there with either my grade school class or youth group--I was probably 13 or 14, early 1980s sometime. And I actually witnessed an injury. There was a rope swing, the mechanics of which are fairly obvious--let go when you're at the farthest point. Some guy held on too long and crashed hard into the constructed near-side embankment, then slid into the water. I recall bystanders jumping in to save him. If there was a lifeguard there I don't recall seeing one.

Also recall some girl losing her bikini top at the bottom of a long water slide. Some friends and I stood there for probably too long waiting for that to happen again, which it unfortunately didn't.

Overall it was a pretty great time though. When you're that young you don't have that risk aversion filter yet so I never once thought, hey, this is way too dangerous, though in retrospect it objectively was. I think the helicopter parenting common now is perhaps an overreaction to being raised by parents who failed to perceive any danger from a place like Action Park.

No, not what some of you older folks are watching to keep the ol' marriage alive...

What are you cats watching on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime? We're holed-up anyway, might as well share.

If possible, tag what you're watching with the streaming service. Nothing worse than getting all jacked-up, only to realize it's on some service you don't have.

My Current List:
Netflix-
Trailer Park Boys
Tom Segura Special
Bert Kreischer Special
Sam Kinison Family Entertainment Hour
Tiger King
All Jail-related series

Hulu-
All Food Network competitions
Letterkenny
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Sirens
South Park
Married with Children
Seinfeld

What's good? What sucks? If I keep watching wrestling, I'm gonna be depressed as hell.
If you are interested in organized crime, I enjoyed Fear City on Netflix. During the Virus, rewatched Deadwood from HBO. Currently rewatching the Sopranos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Just an FYI, I could not find this on Netflix, I found it on HBOMax

Binged Tiger King over the weekend with Mrspa. One of those things that you can't turn away from after you start, even though you really want to.

Tried to start Schitt's Creek last night. It either wasn't all that funny, or I just wasn't in the mood.
You gotta give Schitt's creek a chance.. I think it was as good a comedy as I've seen in a long while.. Once it gets moving it is a quick binge as well..

Reactions: nerfstate
Just binged on Netflix’s The Queen’s Gambit. Great show and the lead is very easy on the eyes.
I just finished The Queen's Gambit this past weekend. Nice story to follow. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something to watch.
I caught a headline on my news feed that the cast wants to do another season. I don't know how they'd pull that off and keep it interesting.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I just finished The Queen's Gambit this past weekend. Nice story to follow. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something to watch.
I caught a headline on my news feed that the cast wants to do another season. I don't know how they'd pull that off and keep it interesting.
Yes, there was only one book published in 1983 and the film covers it. But I am sure they could come up with more story.

Reactions: Creek Side
We Are The Champions on Netflix is very fun. Docuseries that chronicles one peculiar but intense competition per episode (cheese racing, hit pepper eating, etc). Rainn Wilson’s narration really takes it up a notch too.
Found this a couple of days ago. Love it. Tweeted about it to my club and a bunch of families enjoyed it, too.

Being really, really good at something, regardless of that something, is cool.

Reactions: nerfstate

It is a well done underdog story that pulls at all the right heartstrings and addresses some social issues without being condescending.

Reactions: Dogwelder
All this thread did was confirm I watch too much television.

Seen most of these shows you guys mentioned, many are very good. I didn't notice any of the following shows, maybe they were posted but I rushed through the thread.

The Undoing
Actually a mini-series not a regular show with seasons, which I prefer. Only 6 episodes, but really entertaining. If I told you it was HBO and Nicole Kidman what are the odds would you say that there is nudity?

Perry Mason
Not the Perry Mason from the 50s and 60s. A friend told me to give it a chance and it was not what I was expecting. This show is one season and a conclusion. There will probably be more seasons, but each season would likely be a new case.

The Outsider
Again, a single season mini-series. I'm a fan of Ben Mendelsohn and he is great in this thriller.

Gangs of London
Basically a British spin on The Sopranos. Done very well, I was surprised how much I liked this one.

ZeroZeroZero
Unique show showing a large drug deal from the perspective of different parties.

Ted Lasso
I am anti Apple. That's why it hurts that I enjoyed this show. If you want a cheesy sports comedy starring Jason Sudeikis this could be for you. An American football coach is hired to coach an English soccer team with no experience.

Boardwalk Empire
The only reason I bring this older show up is because I've recently discovered that many people missed out on this gem when it first aired. Really good bootlegging/gangster show with 5 seasons. Steve Buschemi is another one my favorite actors.

Honorable Mentions:
Sharp Objects
Snowfall
True Detective

Just fell short with me:
The Mandalorian
Raised by Wolves
His Dark Materials

My wife is now into The Crown (Netflix), because British.

That said, Season 1 is very good.

John Lithgow is outstanding as Winston Churchill. Almost too good -- I suspect the series will suffer after Churchill's retirement.

Best movie I've seen this year (and great soundtrack). On Showtime if u have it or Amazon for $.
The_Gentlemen_poster.jpg

Best movie I've seen this year (and great soundtrack). On Showtime if u have it or Amazon for $.
The_Gentlemen_poster.jpg
Ditto. Awesome movie. I almost had to start the movie over after a few minutes cause the heavy English accent wasn't registering in my brain. I was missing about 1/3 of what they were saying. Lol. Seemed to get easier as the movie progressed. I still loved it. Sometimes its hard to believe we speak the same language. 🙂

Ditto. Awesome movie. I almost had to start the movie over after a few minutes cause the heavy English accent wasn't registering in my brain. I was missing about 1/3 of what they were saying. Lol. Seemed to get easier as the movie progressed. I still loved it. Sometimes its hard to believe we speak the same language. 🙂
Great movie.
I find myself using close captioning more and more, and not just for English accents.

edit, closed captioning, or subtitles

Last edited:
Working our way through Schitts Creek right now. We probably watch two episodes a night, so we started not that long ago and we're almost done with Season 4. Hilarious. Made me go look up sketch comedy from SCTV to show my wife who Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are, prior to being "Jim's dad and Kevin's mom"

You gotta give Schitt's creek a chance.. I think it was as good a comedy as I've seen in a long while.. Once it gets moving it is a quick binge as well..
Many people I respect have told me that Schitt’s Creek starts slowly and then becomes great. We’re into season 2 now and while it’s improved from horrible to decent, it’s not enough with so much great stuff out there. I think I’m jumping ship.

Some newer shows I’ve really enjoyed on various streaming sources include Barry, Fargo, The Queen’s Gambit, Mindhunter, Killing Eve and Ramy.

Reactions: tikk10
Yeah, I have cc on all the time. Audio on these modern shows has so many layers, and typically with subtler compression, dialogue is not as easy to hear as it used to be in broadcast network TV, that’s for sure.

Thank you for making me feel like I'm not alone and losing my hearing at 45 years old! I've been using CC the last year or so quite a bit more, regardless of accents.

Last night I finished the 3rd season of Yellowstone on Peacock. Its like a mafia series only with Cowboys in Montana. I really liked it. The commercials in it are rough and you can't fast forward through them, but still well worth it to see.

Many people I respect have told me that Schitt’s Creek starts slowly and then becomes great. We’re into season 2 now and while it’s improved from horrible to decent, it’s not enough with so much great stuff out there. I think I’m jumping ship.

Some newer shows I’ve really enjoyed on various streaming sources include Barry, Fargo, The Queen’s Gambit, Mindhunter, Killing Eve and Ramy.
Too many series have characters that start out great and become stupid. In Schitt's Creek the characters start out stupid and slowly improve. It's kind of refreshing. Except don't expect too much evolution from Roland Schitt.

Too many series have characters that start out great and become stupid. In Schitt's Creek the characters start out stupid and slowly improve. It's kind of refreshing. Except don't expect too much evolution from Roland Schitt.

It’s very strange because I love Eugene Levy and Catherine O’Hara, but this series never got above mediocre for me. It just wasn’t that funny. I realize I’m probably in the minority on this one, but that’s how I see it.

All this thread did was confirm I watch too much television.

Seen most of these shows you guys mentioned, many are very good. I didn't notice any of the following shows, maybe they were posted but I rushed through the thread.

The Undoing
Actually a mini-series not a regular show with seasons, which I prefer. Only 6 episodes, but really entertaining. If I told you it was HBO and Nicole Kidman what are the odds would you say that there is nudity?

Perry Mason
Not the Perry Mason from the 50s and 60s. A friend told me to give it a chance and it was not what I was expecting. This show is one season and a conclusion. There will probably be more seasons, but each season would likely be a new case.

The Outsider
Again, a single season mini-series. I'm a fan of Ben Mendelsohn and he is great in this thriller.

Gangs of London
Basically a British spin on The Sopranos. Done very well, I was surprised how much I liked this one.

ZeroZeroZero
Unique show showing a large drug deal from the perspective of different parties.

Ted Lasso
I am anti Apple. That's why it hurts that I enjoyed this show. If you want a cheesy sports comedy starring Jason Sudeikis this could be for you. An American football coach is hired to coach an English soccer team with no experience.

Boardwalk Empire
The only reason I bring this older show up is because I've recently discovered that many people missed out on this gem when it first aired. Really good bootlegging/gangster show with 5 seasons. Steve Buschemi is another one my favorite actors.

Honorable Mentions:
Sharp Objects
Snowfall
True Detective

Just fell short with me:
The Mandalorian
Raised by Wolves
His Dark Materials
Was excited when Boardwalk Empire hit the screen but gotta admit, it was "just ok" for me. I think after having already seen both the Sopranos and Deadwood... anything next to those two shows just have a hard time measuring up. If there is such thing as a "perfect series"....those two shows to me are it..

It’s very strange because I love Eugene Levy and Catherine O’Hara, but this series never got above mediocre for me. It just wasn’t that funny. I realize I’m probably in the minority on this one, but that’s how I see it.

I feel the same way about The Office, I’ve had dozens of people recommend it,but it just never clicked with me.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet but Red Oaks on Amazon Prime is an easy watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT