ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers CPR sack celebration

Maybe just a tad too soon.
Why are people so soft? That celebration has been around for years and people have heart attacks all the time. Was it too soon then? Should they outlaw that celebration because of a “freak” accident? Maybe their family is an athletic trainer and they were celebrating them since they saved Hankins life. Maybe they know Demar and we’re celebrating all the good news that has come his way this week since the incident.

Either way this world is soft as baby shit.

Why are people so soft? That celebration has been around for years and people have heart attacks all the time. Was it too soon then? Should they outlaw that celebration because of a “freak” accident? Maybe their family is an athletic trainer and they were celebrating them since they saved Hankins life. Maybe they know Demar and we’re celebrating all the good news that has come his way this week since the incident.

Either way this world is soft as baby shit.
Agreed--if we were playing Buffalo I would have said it was probably inappropriate but this really isn't a big deal

Maybe just a tad too soon.
Nope.
Based on the headline, I was expecting some over the top celebration with a player, down on his knees, simulating chest compressions. IMHO, that would have been in bad taste, given the over the top coverage, people suggesting that players around the league are distraught and #3 T shirts being worn everywhere.
I have no idea what that video was suggesting? CPR? Maybe. Maybe not. Almost no one should be banned from Twitter, but I'd have to think real hard about those faking outrage over that sack "celebration." Get a life.

Reactions: Texas Lion
Nope.
Based on the headline, I was expecting some over the top celebration with a player, down on his knees, simulating chest compressions. IMHO, that would have been in bad taste, given the over the top coverage, people suggesting that players around the league are distraught and #3 T shirts being worn everywhere.
I have no idea what that video was suggesting? CPR? Maybe. Maybe not. Almost no one should be banned from Twitter, but I'd have to think real hard about those faking outrage over that sack "celebration." Get a life.
I agree. Mountain over a molehill. I am very happy the player in question seems to be OK (or will be OK). But the fact is that people die every day. And in sports too. There have been a ton of race car drivers who have died in their sport. In addition, football has been played for 100 years and this is the only case of a player having this kind of injury I can ever recall. My point is that it is an anomaly. Some of the calls to get rid of football are ridiculous.

I am 100% sure, as players, these Steelers aren't making light of the situation. They run the risk of injury every day.

Reactions: Texas Lion
Love the Stillers. Hate the whole easily offended trend in our nation...but...that was just stupid.

Once I read "twitter users", I stop reading
Twitter is great. If you don't use it, you should. It is a great way to follow whoever and whatever you want. Its a great way to get breaking news and to tap into several different viewpoints quickly. Plus, you can easily drop voices that are overtly negative or vile.

Twitter has become my only portal for national and worldwide news. I simply cannot stand the major outlets anymore but tend to agree with the Mark Twain line "when I don't read the news I feel uninformed. when I read the news I feel misinformed."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT