ADVERTISEMENT

State tournaments

What shtick is that? Calling out their idiocy? You guys don't want pushback on all the stupidity there. For 10 years you guys accused parents of taking payoffs, accused our athletes of steroid use, accused our staff of cheating and 10 years later you're still doing it and I'm still calling you all out for it all.

And now you got the guy, whose name is going on your new facility, calling psu fans pedophiles and you have a daddy of one of your recruits saying PSU has a racist culture. That place deserves having people like me come there to bust balls. Talk wrestling over there? No...for many, their number one reason for being there is to try to disparage PSU like it's going to have some kind of impact on PSU's success or something. You have some there that actually believe that…lol

You just need to put me on ignore JS before you get upset and make false accusations against me all over again. I wasn't surprised when you were saying I was hoping and wishing for Hawkeye wrestlers to get injured like you did last year. Simply because I foresaw Spencer not making it through the season and your 6 and 7 year guys being too beaten up to make it another year. I wasnt surprised because you are just like the rest of them. Or how about when you accused me of hoping that Assad would burn out and HEW because I correctly pointed out something you didn't even know and that was Abe admitting at one point he had lost his love for the sport... and in my opinion success for him may be difficult if he wasn't all in. Then there was you saying I was hoping that Kem was burned out just simply by saying he was really struggling to come back another year. Yeah...told me I was full of sh** only to have Willie confirm what I was saying just a short time later on his show.

In a lot of ways you are just like the idiots you mentioned in your post and just as big of a dirtbag. So yeah...just put me on ignore and be done with it already. And quite frankly , I'm tired of your whining about me calling out HR... the one site where everyone from Facebook to Twitter agrees is a complete sh** hole.
You gonna have a novel-length meltdown every time this happens? You are a troll. You are proud of it! You are open about going over there because you like to watch the ensuing chaos. That's all I meant. You're not always wrong, but when you stir up the crazies, you make the place uninhabitable for the people who want to talk actual wrestling. So, yeah I understand why you got banned.

I'm not going to put you on ignore because for the most part I enjoy talking wrestling with you over here where your #1 priority isn't to cause trouble. I like you! I think your HR schtick is boring because you've been doing it for years and it accomplishes nothing.

In regards to whether HR is a shithole, of course it is. There are a lot of awful posters over there unfortunately. There are also a lot of good ones. The result is that you have somewhat parallel discourses occurring at once. The crazies are ignored mostly and talk between themselves. The good ones talk wrestling. That's why I hate when you stir them up because it's hard to keep track of the wrestling talk when the hornets are swarming and blowing up threads.

P.S. I've called the bnicolls guy a dirtbag slumlord to his face multiple times over there. Awful guy.

Also which dad of a recruit said PSU was racist? Can you show me? I must have missed that.

I think it is pretty obvious that Ryder is standing on something. His knees are about 10" or so above Arnold's. Ryder's ankles match up with Arnold's calf in the photo. Unless he is some strange anatomical freak......he is standing on something. Arnold is short......but not as bad as it looks in the photo compared to Ryder :)
LOL maybe he is the Kareem of wrestling??

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF
It was a joke

Reactions: mjmirv and danoftw
You gonna have a novel-length meltdown every time this happens? You are a troll. You are proud of it! You are open about going over there because you like to watch the ensuing chaos. That's all I meant. You're not always wrong, but when you stir up the crazies, you make the place uninhabitable for the people who want to talk actual wrestling. So, yeah I understand why you got banned.

I'm not going to put you on ignore because for the most part I enjoy talking wrestling with you over here where your #1 priority isn't to cause trouble. I like you! I think your HR schtick is boring because you've been doing it for years and it accomplishes nothing.

In regards to whether HR is a shithole, of course it is. There are a lot of awful posters over there unfortunately. There are also a lot of good ones. The result is that you have somewhat parallel discourses occurring at once. The crazies are ignored mostly and talk between themselves. The good ones talk wrestling. That's why I hate when you stir them up because it's hard to keep track of the wrestling talk when the hornets are swarming and blowing up threads.

P.S. I've called the bnicolls guy a dirtbag slumlord to his face multiple times over there. Awful guy.

Also which dad of a recruit said PSU was racist? Can you show me? I must have missed that.
I think it was Arnolds dad. said PSU has a racist culture.. Something along those lines.

Reactions: PAHURDLER

Gabe Arnold's dad. post #27 at the link below.

ao_coachphil

• Jan 29, 2023
    Wow really? How about you ask some of YOUR “black” wrestlers about their experience at your noble institution. Here’s a hint: I know those who did, not a good conversation. You people always have to put color to stuff. STOP. You’ve never nor will ever walk in our shoes, so to use it as a tag line to a “get back message” is disgusting. My son picked Iowa OVER PSU. Culture was the foremost driver to that. Yep, Iowa boos folks. Yep, there are idiots in every crowd, but I honestly would not want to be around Carver if ever they come after my kid. Wanna know why? Because the TRUE fans, the folks on THIS page would do the unimaginable to that poor bastard. They’ve defended my son on here and he has yet to step on the mats as a Hawkeye.

So please, just stop. There is already too much division because of race we don’t need idiots heaping more coals on this fire.

If you recall, Arnold's dad was replying to one of your posts.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Gabe Arnold's dad. post #27 at the link below.

ao_coachphil

• Jan 29, 2023

Wow really? How about you ask some of YOUR “black” wrestlers about their experience at your noble institution. Here’s a hint: I know those who did, not a good conversation. You people always have to put color to stuff. STOP. You’ve never nor will ever walk in our shoes, so to use it as a tag line to a “get back message” is disgusting. My son picked Iowa OVER PSU. Culture was the foremost driver to that. Yep, Iowa boos folks. Yep, there are idiots in every crowd, but I honestly would not want to be around Carver if ever they come after my kid. Wanna know why? Because the TRUE fans, the folks on THIS page would do the unimaginable to that poor bastard. They’ve defended my son on here and he has yet to step on the mats as a Hawkeye.

So please, just stop. There is already too much division because of race we don’t need idiots heaping more coals on this fire.

If you recall, Arnold's dad was replying to one of your posts.
no problem with anything he said as it was in response to someone claiming iowa has a racist culture (where’s the outrage about that @johnstownsteel ?)

phil arnold is one of the most positive, friendly people online. he and his family have loved their experience in iowa. as a black man he has a better perspective on this issue and took offense to a white person trying to smear iowa. he also clearly has heard about issues from penn state from black wrestlers. not surprising at all. every institution in this country has this issue.

Why would any minority athlete choose a college with the racist track record that iowa (CHA especially) has portrayed in the past couple years.

I hope Arnold doesnt get mistaken for one of the MANY black PSU wrestlers and get something hurled at him when we visit CHA next year. Actually… maybe he would see the light if that happened.

Racist culture at PSU he claims?
Then sends his son to IOWA??
This is mind-boggling.

Why would any minority athlete choose a college with the racist track record that iowa (CHA especially) has portrayed in the past couple years.

I hope Arnold doesnt get mistaken for one of the MANY black PSU wrestlers and get something hurled at him when we visit CHA next year. Actually… maybe he would see the light if that happened.
You should ask Real Woods or Gabe Arnold. I don’t think you will get facts from anyone on this board, only speculation.

Reactions: js8793
You should ask Real Woods or Gabe Arnold. I don’t think you will get facts from anyone on this board, only speculation.
How many black wrestlers has Iowa had in their starting line up in the past 5 years? That should be an easy question to start with, no need to speculate, right?

no problem with anything he said as it was in response to someone claiming iowa has a racist culture (where’s the outrage about that @johnstownsteel ?)

phil arnold is one of the most positive, friendly people online. he and his family have loved their experience in iowa. as a black man he has a better perspective on this issue and took offense to a white person trying to smear iowa. he also clearly has heard about issues from penn state from black wrestlers. not surprising at all. every institution in this country has this issue.
So because someone was trying to smear Iowa with the racism bullsh**, it’s ok for pappa Arnold to do it himself to PSU? Really? And your thoughts on bnicol since that was part of my post as well? I’m to assume you have no problem with him calling PSU wrestling fans pedophiles as well right? Like I said, it’s probably just best we avoid each other here or over there. With your opinion of what Mr. Arnold did and what Bob says, you and I think nothing alike and won’t ever agree on anything…So no use bickering amongst ourselves constantly.

Racist culture at PSU he claims?
Then sends his son to IOWA??
This is mind-boggling.
Since Arnold is ok with spewing unfounded bull crap… you wanna know why he has a bad taste in his mouth when it comes to PSU? It’s simple, his kid wasn’t a priority. He was offered very little and with Cael loading up at his kids weight range it hit him his kid may never see the mat at PSU. Let’s also throw in that anytime Cael visited Sem, he was there to see a couple of the younger kids ….not Gabe or Franklin for that matter. Hell, if I was pappa Arnold I may be bitter myself. Not so much that I’d actually accuse PSU of being racist tho like that pos. Or as js likes to refer to him as, the most positive and friendly person on the internet.

Last edited:
Since Arnold is ok with spewing unfounded bull crap… you wanna know why he has a bad taste in his mouth when it comes to PSU? It’s simple, his kid wasn’t a priority. He was offered very little and with Cael loading up at his kids weight range it hit him his kid may never see the mat at PSU. Let’s also throw in that anytime Cael visited Sem, he was there to see a couple of the younger kids ….not Gabe or Franklin for that matter. Hell, if I was pappa Arnold I may be bitter myself. Not so much that I’d actually accuse PSU of being racist tho like that pos. Or as js likes to refer to him as, the most positive and friendly person on the internet.

What gets me the most out of papa Arnold’s message is the very last part

“So please, just stop. There is already too much division because of race we don’t need idiots heaping more coals on this fire.”

So he goes and heaps more coals on the fire by disparaging PSU and then proceeds to tell everyone else to “just stop”. Too much division already. So hypocritical

Papa Arnold could learn a lot from Papa Brooks (and other PSU dads of all colors) about how to post on a message board as the parent of a D1 wrestler. Between Gabe’s tweets and daddy’s posts, the kid better win a title because they are creating a ton of needless drama for a kid not even enrolled yet.

No thank you, pass!

“So please, just stop. There is already too much division because of race we don’t need idiots heaping more coals on this fire.”

So he goes and heaps more coals on the fire by disparaging PSU and then proceeds to tell everyone else to “just stop”. Too much division already. So hypocritical
This happens in almost every thread on hr it's comical how many of those guys lack logic or reason. They are an emotional bunch and it shows in every reaction they make end of story.

Reactions: Split shot
So because someone was trying to smear Iowa with the racism bullsh**, it’s ok for pappa Arnold to do it himself to PSU? Really? And your thoughts on bnicol since that was part of my post as well? I’m to assume you have no problem with him calling PSU wrestling fans pedophiles as well right? Like I said, it’s probably just best we avoid each other here or over there. With your opinion of what Mr. Arnold did and what Bob says, you and I think nothing alike and won’t ever agree on anything…So no use bickering amongst ourselves constantly.
you need to calm down. it’s not that deep. pretty sure phil’s point was that you’ll find racism wherever you go, including psu, so knock off the smearing (which more posters from your side continue to do without you throwing a fit for some reason). he didn’t start it either. as a father of a prominent black athlete at iowa, i think we can show him a little grace for an emotional reaction to psu posters smearing people he respects and admires.

i addressed bnicolls in my first post. you can reread it. i’ve called him out multiple times.

i’m sorry you’re upset with me. i wasn’t trying to start a fight or make you feel bad.

That’s what got me as well. JS thinks I’m over there just to start trouble. He has no idea how hard it was for me to keep from calling out daddy Arnold for his race baiting. I even restrained myself from torturing Bob with his calling PSU fans pedophiles every chance he gets. I have the nerve to screen shot every one of them and post them whenever they run their ribbon cutting ceremonies on the schools social media sites and praising him when they announce his name on the building. Want the entire wrestling community to know what type of pos Iowa has name their wrestling facility after.

you need to calm down. it’s not that deep. pretty sure phil’s point was that you’ll find racism wherever you go, including psu, so knock off the smearing (which more posters from your side continue to do without you throwing a fit for some reason). he didn’t start it either. as a father of a prominent black athlete at iowa, i think we can show him a little grace for an emotional reaction to psu posters smearing people he respects and admires.

i addressed bnicolls in my first post. you can reread it. i’ve called him out multiple times.

i’m sorry you’re upset with me. i wasn’t trying to start a fight or make you feel bad.
Just shut up. You talking about smearing is rich. Why don’t you now bring over my posts from HR that gave you reason to smear be by saying I want Hawk wrestlers to become injured. I think you did here as well didn’t you? Or smearing me by saying I’m hoping Iowa kids burn out. I’ll be honest, very few things get to me on these boards but you won those arguments if getting under my skin was your intention. I’ve gone through a horrible experience with one of my own sons so someone accusing me of hoping for bad things to happen to someone else’s sons did bother me.

I’m not asking for an apology. I’m actually trying to fix all this by recommending you and I stop bickering with each other and maybe just avoid replying to each other….That’s all. And if an apology is what you are looking for then I’m sorry. I’ll do my best to not be so hard on the fools on your board in the future. I’m moving on. Hope you will as well..

Last edited:
That’s what got me as well. JS thinks I’m over there just to start trouble. He has no idea how hard it was for me to keep from calling out daddy Arnold for his race baiting. I even restrained myself from torturing Bob with his calling PSU fans pedophiles every chance he gets. I have the nerve to screen shot every one of them and post them whenever they run their ribbon cutting ceremonies on the schools social media sites and praising him when they announce his name on the building. Want the entire wrestling community to know what type of pos Iowa has name their wrestling facility after.
I am in if you need or want help.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Just shut up. You talking about smearing is rich. Why don’t you now bring over my posts from HR that gave you reason to smear be by saying I want Hawk wrestlers to become injured. I think you did here as well didn’t you? Or smearing me by saying I’m hoping Iowa kids burn out. I’ll be honest, very few things get to me on these boards but you won those arguments if getting under my skin was your intention. I’ve gone through a horrible experience with one of my own sons so someone accusing me of hoping for bad things to happen to someone else’s sons did bothered me.

I’m not asking for an apology. I’m actually trying to fix all this by recommending you and I stop bickering with each other and maybe just avoid replying to each other….That’s all. And if an apology is what you are looking for then I’m sorry. I’ll do my best to not be so hard on the fools on your board in the future.
Honestly, getting banned from HR is probably the best thing that happened to you. You've fallen down the internet rabbit hole. Way too emotionally invested in trying to chaperone the behavior of anonymous online accounts. It's impossible.

In regards to the past stuff you mention here. I'm sorry about your son and I'm sorry it got under your skin. It got under my skin that every time Assad was struggling, it seemed like you'd show up and remind us all that he almost quit wrestling in high school and say he was probably burned out. The consistency of it made it seem like you were rooting for it, so you could tell us "I told you so!" Same with Kemerer. I found it distasteful. If that was not the case, I sincerely apologize.

In regards to this whole kerfuffle, I apologize to you and the board for wasting so much space. My only point was that you're a troll and a very good one. You have fun stirring up the idiots on HR. But from a moderator's POV, you help those idiots flood out the good discussion from the board and that's a shame, so you got banned. You've bragged about how good a troll you are a bunch on here. I didn't think you'd get mad at me for agreeing. You posted this over on HR on Tuesday:

"I don't get it... I thought most were finally on to me that I do what I do because the reactions I get are so damn funny."

why ask the iowa wrestlers you should be asking the kids coming to wrestle against iowa and see what they have to say??

Josh Barr wins his first match 23-7. Almost feel sorry for the other kid. The recording is horrible! No one is behind the camera so it’s just set up to capture the mat but unfortunately it only gets about half of the mat. Miss quite a bit of action. Hopefully going forward they will have someone operating the cameras

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT