ADVERTISEMENT

State tournaments

You can still read their forum. Open up a private window, go to their site but don't sign-in.

For a private window right click your browser icon located in the "dock". You'll see an open called "Open Private Window" or "Open In-Cognito Window" or something similar. The dock is that bar across the bottom or side of your computer containing icons.
Thank you. I will do that.

Probably behind a paywall but it’s Sealey’s round of 16 match. Was up 20-8 early in the second when he got the fall. Kid is so dynamic on his feet. Hit probably 6 different kinds of tds out of his 10 in this match. All in under 3 min of wrestling. His pace and scoring prowess is going to remind fans of Nolf and Nickal. Not the pinner that they were but his creativity and neutral attacks are similar. He’s going to be a very good one
That was a mismatch.

You get the idea he figured he would try for 9 takedowns before hitting the cement mixer for the quick pin. It was as if he could have hit the mixer in the first 15 seconds if that’s what he wanted to do- so effortless.

I get why they do it. They want to continue being the most (un)knowledgeable fanbase on any wrestling forum without people like me pointing it out.
They probably want you to stop derailing all their threads with the same old schtick. I get why you do it. It's fun for you to rile up the same idiots over there who can't help themselves (sometimes that's me), but you prevent any actual interesting discussion happening.

I come over here because there are a lot of great posters who want to talk about wrestling, even if we disagree. If I came over everyday trying to start fights by posting insults or digs, you all should ban me.

So Ryder Block wrestles 157 and Arnold 184. Look at them in this picture

I think it is pretty obvious that Ryder is standing on something. His knees are about 10" or so above Arnold's. Ryder's ankles match up with Arnold's calf in the photo. Unless he is some strange anatomical freak......he is standing on something. Arnold is short......but not as bad as it looks in the photo compared to Ryder :)

They probably want you to stop derailing all their threads with the same old schtick. I get why you do it. It's fun for you to rile up the same idiots over there who can't help themselves (sometimes that's me), but you prevent any actual interesting discussion happening.

I come over here because there are a lot of great posters who want to talk about wrestling, even if we disagree. If I came over everyday trying to start fights by posting insults or digs, you all should ban me.
What shtick is that? Calling out their idiocy? You guys don't want pushback on all the stupidity there. For 10 years you guys accused parents of taking payoffs, accused our athletes of steroid use, accused our staff of cheating and 10 years later you're still doing it and I'm still calling you all out for it all.

And now you got the guy, whose name is going on your new facility, calling psu fans pedophiles and you have a daddy of one of your recruits saying PSU has a racist culture. That place deserves having people like me come there to bust balls. Talk wrestling over there? No...for many, their number one reason for being there is to try to disparage PSU like it's going to have some kind of impact on PSU's success or something. You have some there that actually believe that…lol

You just need to put me on ignore JS before you get upset and make false accusations against me all over again. I wasn't surprised when you were saying I was hoping and wishing for Hawkeye wrestlers to get injured like you did last year. Simply because I foresaw Spencer not making it through the season and your 6 and 7 year guys being too beaten up to make it another year. I wasnt surprised because you are just like the rest of them. Or how about when you accused me of hoping that Assad would burn out and HEW because I correctly pointed out something you didn't even know and that was Abe admitting at one point he had lost his love for the sport... and in my opinion success for him may be difficult if he wasn't all in. Then there was you saying I was hoping that Kem was burned out just simply by saying he was really struggling to come back another year. Yeah...told me I was full of sh** only to have Willie confirm what I was saying just a short time later on his show.

In a lot of ways you are just like the idiots you mentioned in your post and just as big of a dirtbag. So yeah...just put me on ignore and be done with it already. And quite frankly , I'm tired of your whining about me calling out HR... the one site where everyone from Facebook to Twitter agrees is a complete sh** hole.

Last edited:
I know the thread has since moved on but in the video we can't see that the scale was zeroed before he stepped on. If the scale was showing negative before he stepped on he weighs more than it is showing. It's simple to do just throw something on the scale when you zero it. Not saying that is what was done here but without seeing that it was zeroed correctly, none of us know what he weighs on the scale in the video clip.

What shtick is that? Calling out their idiocy? You guys don't want pushback on all the stupidity there. For 10 years you guys accused parents of taking payoffs, accused our athletes of steroid use, accused our staff of cheating and 10 years later you're still doing it... and I'm still calling you all out for it all.

And now you got the guy whose name is going on your new facility calling psu fans pedophiles, and you have a daddy of one of your recruits saying PSU has a racist culture. That place deserves having people like me come there to bust your balls. Talk wrestling over there? No...for many, their number one reason for being there is to try to disparage PSU like it's going to have some kind of impact on PSU's success or something. You have some there that actually believe that...

You need to put me on ignore JS before you get upset and make false accusations against me again. I wasn't surprised when you were saying I was hoping and wishing for Hawkeye wrestlers to get injured like you did last year. Simply because I foresaw Spencer not making it through the season and your 6 and 7 year guys being too beaten up to make it another year. I wasnt surprised because you are just like the rest of them. Or how about when you accused me of hoping that Assad would burn out and HEW because I correctly pointed out something you didn't even know and that was Abe admitting at one point he had lost his love for the sport... and in my opinion success for him may be difficult if he wasn't all in. Then there was you saying I was hoping that Kem was burned out just simply by saying he was really struggling to come back another year. Yeah...told me I was full of sh** only to have Willie confirm what I was saying just a short time later on his show.

In a lot of ways you are just like the idiots you mentioned in your post and just as big of a dirtbag. So yeah...just put me on ignore and be done with it already. And quite frankly , I'm tired of your whining about me calling out HR... the one site where everyone from Facebook to Twitter thinks is a complete sh** hole.

You make some excellent points. Just remember GIA (lol) hates js almost as much as you. He's not part of the problem.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I know the thread has since moved on but in the video we can't see that the scale was zeroed before he stepped on. If the scale was showing negative before he stepped on he weighs more than it is showing. It's simple to do just throw something on the scale when you zero it. Not saying that is what was done here but without seeing that it was zeroed correctly, none of us know what he weighs on the scale in the video clip.
Yep. Way too easy to mess with zero on a scale. Is the scale in the clip an official scale at the venue? If it isn't, it's as good as my $25 bathroom scale at that point.

I don't know what to think about this situation. We're not hearing of multiple stories of kids not making weight on the same scales, so I'm a skeptic here. There has to be kids that are dead on weight going into this. How many kids missed weight? Did they all use the same scale?

How's the competition Ryder is destroying? Obviously very good to get to states, but how strong on a national level? Just curious.

How's the competition Ryder is destroying? Obviously very good to get to states, but how strong on a national level? Just curious.
His opponents aren’t nationally ranked but NY is a pretty tough wrestling state. His finals opponent is Elijah Diakomihalis the younger brother of Yianni. His record going into the finals is 45-1. I was surprised at how many guys have really great records in NY. I’m assuming most of them didn’t wrestle in any tough out of state tournaments during the year

Sealey with second period pin in the finals! I know this isn’t fair to put on the kid but god does he remind me of Nolf. They wrestle a lot alike in neutral and aren’t afraid to give up a td because they know they will get 10 more. I said earlier that Sealey isn’t the pinner that Jason was but he got multiple falls in this tournament against pretty good competition. He HAS to improve on bottom but otherwise this kid is as good as they come. I can’t wait until he gets into the PSU room

I got a little confused earlier in the thread when Ryder Block was mentioned and then zack ryder without his first name. Also was on the osu board and they were talking about Ryder Rogotske. Too many Ryder's, LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUer1989

Sealey with second period pin in the finals! I know this isn’t fair to put on the kid but god does he remind me of Nolf. They wrestle a lot alike in neutral and aren’t afraid to give up a td because they know they will get 10 more. I said earlier that Sealey isn’t the pinner that Jason was but he got multiple falls in this tournament against pretty good competition. He HAS to improve on bottom but otherwise this kid is as good as they come. I can’t wait until he gets into the PSU room
HR is leaning hard on Sealey’s defeat by Ferrari as a sign that Sealey is overrated.

Hope springs eternal I guess. Of course, if Sealey does produce in college they’ll say it was inevitable because of his ranking

HR is leaning hard on Sealey’s defeat by Ferrari as a sign that Sealey is overrated.

Hope springs eternal I guess. Of course, if Sealey does produce in college they’ll say it was inevitable because of his ranking
Ya, because guys who win the Outstanding Wrestler Award at the World Championships are usually overrated.

Reactions: PSUer1989

You mean it wasn't?

The tournament just wrapped up. California is a single division state, so the competition is amazing. There were 235 schools who were able to get a wrestler through the qualifying tournaments and send a wrestler(s) to the tournament. To compare the difficulty of winning a state title in California compared to my home state of Oregon, Oregon crowns five champions across their multiple divisions. Also, California has over 35 million more residents than Oregon! Buchanan won it, but they went 0-4 in the Finals. Poway (30 minutes from my house) took second, crowning one champion, Gilroy took third, going 3 for 4 in the Finals, followed by Clovis and Bakersfield.

200w.gif
Once the "D" word comes out it's all over. I feel for the kid. At that moment it is devastating and seems like the only thing that matters. We had a young kid trying to make weight and he was so close. One of the seniors told him that if lift up your sack you will loose that 1/4 pound. Well he did but it didn't help.

At MAWAS a kid was so close but needed a little more. The dad said "well you will need to take the leg off". He did and made weight. The kid was pretty good.

The tournament just wrapped up. California is a single division state, so the competition is amazing. There were 235 schools who were able to get a wrestler through the qualifying tournaments and send a wrestler(s) to the tournament. To compare the difficulty of winning a state title in California compared to my home state of Oregon, Oregon crowns five champions across their multiple divisions. Also, California has over 35 million more residents than Oregon! Buchanan won it, but they went 0-4 in the Finals. Poway (30 minutes from my house) took second, crowning one champion, Gilroy took third, going 3 for 4 in the Finals, followed by Clovis and Bakersfield.

I got to watch most of the lower and middle weights. wonder how these kids did or would do at Super 32, Ironman etc. These kids are tough. Ronnie Ramirez, Cortez brothers, Mantonana boys. I was impressed with the talent. One class for such a huge state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT