4 Iowa State 35.5 6 8 - - - - - - - -
5 Navy 29 4 8 - - - - - - - -
6 Duke 28 4 6 - - - - - - - -
7 Rider 25 1 12 - - - - - - - -
8 Stanford 24 8 6 - - - - - - - -
9 App St 20.5 1 11 - - - - - - - -
9 CSU-Bakersfield 20.5 3

Reactions: danoftw
Anyone with some Scuffle History knowledge know if there ever was a team to have the 1st and 2nd seed at a weight class as Cassar and Nevills are? Pretty crazy to have that kind of talent at 1 weight for a single team:D

2019 will be bittersweet for me. Not going to be able to watch Nolf and Nickal anymore; but I sure won't miss most of the SRs the football team will be losing.

Not saying they didn't represent the University well as men and will wish them good luck. But they were underwhelming on the field for the most part.

Trace excluded, although his performance was mediocre this year. Obviously hurt and didn't have the surrounding cast he needs with his skills, but hes a gamer.

All we had to do was stop obvious rushing series. Gave up two first downs. Those timeouts would have been nice to have if we just stop the obvious run plays.

Exactly. it was a man on man situation and their men beat ours.

Reactions: Cold Smoke
24-27 for the footballers :(

Note to team: start playing before the 4th quarter.
Note to coaches: don’t go for a field goal at the end of the game when you’re losing by 6. Once again, Franklin snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. All right, enough of that, back to wrestling where coaches know how to coach in crunch time. Thank God for Carl!;)

Reactions: 7Springs
Special teams lost this game...missed FG, blocked FG, unsuccessful fake punt and gave up a punt return for a TD. Sad part is, they literally spent “2 Days” of practice in preparation on nothing but special teams.
Special teams and poor coaching decisions

Reactions: Law-Deezie
Note to coaches: don’t go for a field goal at the end of the game when you’re losing by 6. Once again, Franklin snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. All right, enough of that, back to wrestling where coaches know how to coach in crunch time. Thank God for Carl!;)
The play calling there reeked of playing for a field goal.

In all honesty, I think Tom needs to pin a post at the top of the board regarding Flo and Track Wrestling and how to work both systems. Lol I'm quite surprised someone hasn't gone postal with what everybody goes through.

Hmm . . . has anyone seen spyker posting today?

Reactions: dsites52
Quarterfinals matchups and notes:

• Only 2 bouts with Okie State in quarters.
• The only opponents who will be favored (by ranking) are Gfeller (since Verkleeren isn't presently ranked) and Marsteller (who is undefeated and ranked around #4) though Verkleeren is arguably as good as Gfeller.
• It's hard to predict the Pipher vs. Anderson match
• Cassar beat Goodhart earlier this year at Keystone 11-3 and Nevills beat him 9-1 two years ago.
• RBY's opponent, Gerardi, is a redshirt freshman (9-4 record coming into the Scuffle)
• Lee's opponent, Matthews, is also a redshirt freshman (11-2 record coming into the Scuffle)
• And Cenzo's opponent, Griffith, is a good redshirt freshman (13-1 record coming into the Scuffle)
• Gremmel lost to Stoll 5-1 earlier this year in a dual
• Werner came to the Scuffle with a 15-6 record for Lock Haven.
• Prince has been struggling this year against top ranked guys. He was tech-ed by Micah Jordan. Also lost to Bannister, O'Connor, Thomson, and Finesilver.

Teske vs. Werner (Lock Haven)
RBY vs. Gerardi (Va Tech)
Lee vs. Matthews (Pitt)
Berge vs. Prince (Navy)
Verkleeren vs. Gfeller (Ok. St.)
Nolf vs. Blaylock (Ok. St.)
Pipher vs. Anderson (Duke)
----------------
Cenzo vs. Griffith (Stanford)
Manville vs. Marsteller (Lock Haven)
Hall vs. Coleman (Iowa St.)
Rasheed vs. Yeargan (Ohio)
Nickal vs. Roetman (Navy)
Cassar vs. Gremmel (Iowa State)
Nevills vs. Goodhart (Drexel)

The play calling there reeked of playing for a field goal.
The issue with that is our field goal kicker, who has been inconsistent all season and missed 2 of 3 today. Do you REALLY want to put the game in his hands? ...OK, now I’m done posting about football. Back to wrestling.

Reactions: 7Springs
The issue with that is our field goal kicker, who has been inconsistent all season and missed 2 of 3 today. Do you REALLY want to put the game in his hands? ...OK, now I’m done posting about football. Back to wrestling.
Probably better to say the unit missed 2 of 3 FGs today. First miss was a bad snap and the second was blocked. At the end of the game on the 4th and 6, that was a flip the coin decision. Over 4 minutes left, 3 timeouts left and the defense was stuffing Kentucky in the 4th quarter. No reason to believe that Kentucky was going to come out and jam it down their throats and run out the clock.

To day was more of the same, bad special teams, missed 2 FGs, missed fake punt that resulted in a FG, gave up a punt return for a TD and a huge dropped pass by Thompkins from Clifford that would have been a 50 yard completion and putting the ball on the Kentucky 20. Oh well.

Good choice. Jake is 15 of 21, not exactly inconsistent for a true freshman and today was not his fault. So yeah, back to wrestling.

First one started with bad snap from center, and the second miss was blocked (tipped). Neithet entirely on the kicker.

Outside of 3-4 guys, the best players on the FB team were all frosh, especially at the WR/TE and LB positions. That program is on solid ground moving forward.
This. Saw in an article that the seniors were in awe of this year's frosh on defense.

Cmon guys! You’re really harshing my buzz here. Football is done until Kelly Bryant shows up and takes us to the promised land of 10-3

Cmon guys! You’re really harshing my buzz here. Football is done until Kelly Bryant shows up and takes us to the promised land of 10-3

Sarcasm noted, but you do realize Kelly Bryant is transferring to Mizzou, right?

Reactions: dsites52
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT