ADVERTISEMENT

So Buckeye's Brian Hartline (OC, WR coach) wrecked his UTV on Sunday

These things usually have a way of self correcting either he adjusts and continues or crashes and burns.

Definitely keeps him locked in as coordinator very few programs are going to tie there program to this

Reactions: MacNit07
Jerry Sandusky
Definitely an Ohio St fan posting as if they were a ND fan. You are hurt that your OC had a drunk driving incident and rational people are actually pointing out that he should be held accountable or else it is a dangerous message to the Ohio St players. So you attack PSU by bringing up a former coach (retired when crimes were committed) while neglecting Ohio St's 10X worse sexual abuse of your OWN MALE ATHLETES for decades by a doctor who was actively employed by Ohio St while many more crimes were committed and actively covered up by at least the entire athletic department if not all the way to the university president.

Definitely an Ohio St fan posting as if they were a ND fan. You are hurt that your OC had a drunk driving incident and rational people are actually pointing out that he should be held accountable or else it is a dangerous message to the Ohio St players. So you attack PSU by bringing up a former coach (retired when crimes were committed) while neglecting Ohio St's 10X worse sexual abuse of your OWN MALE ATHLETES for decades by a doctor who was actively employed by Ohio St while many more crimes were committed and actively covered up by at least the entire athletic department if not all the way to the university president.
Seriously ? Good God. Here's the huge difference and I want you to answer. The age of the OSU athletes was 18+ - what were the ages of Sandusky's innocent victims ?

BTW, it's being reported that Hartline wrecked on his own property and did not put the public in danger.

Seriously ? Good God. Here's the huge difference and I want you to answer. The age of the OSU athletes was 18+ - what were the ages of Sandusky's innocent victims ?

BTW, it's being reported that Hartline wrecked on his own property and did not put the public in danger.
he had a passenger.

Reactions: Online Persona
he had a passenger.
He's not worth a response. Clearly another buckeye pretending to be a ND fan (why are there so many OSU fans on other team's sites pretending to be Michigan, ND, other? Must be the fanbase with the smallest average penis size in the country) and he is arguing it is OK to break the law on your own property if you are with Ohio St.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
He's not worth a response. Clearly another buckeye pretending to be a ND fan (why are there so many OSU fans on other team's sites pretending to be Michigan, ND, other? Must be the fanbase with the smallest average penis size in the country) and he is arguing it is OK to break the law on your own property if you are with Ohio St.
You didn't answer my question about the age of the victims which absolutely INFURIATED Everyone else in America. OSU was 18+ ....... PSU ?. And the same with the MSU, UM scandals. I'm out of here - Bye.

he had a passenger.
I mean, was the passenger an adult that was drinking with him all day? If so, they made a decision not worried about them.

Truthfully even mentioning Sandusky here is asinine but so is pretending this is a big deal with Hartline.

I mean, was the passenger an adult that was drinking with him all day? If so, they made a decision not worried about them.

Truthfully even mentioning Sandusky here is asinine but so is pretending this is a big deal with Hartline.
What? that is crazy talk.

If you are driving a vehicle drunk, you are guilty...period. I don't care if there is a passenger or not. The issue that the stupid poster brought up was "who is he hurting"? The answer was "a passenger". Regardless, he is guilty if he was drinking and driving. Period, end of sentence, full stop.

On Sandusky, I don't care. Hartline was drinking and driving. Sandusky and PSU had nothing to do with that. As my friend says 'that is a "you" problem, not a "me" problem'.

I try to stay out of these things but, My God man, what is wrong with you? First, your obsession with OSU is just crazy

It was not 10x as worse just for the difference in the ages of the victims. Do you even understand this? I sent all of my children and grandchildren off to college - and a couple to the military - after high school at the age of 18. they're basically young adults at this point that should be able to reason on their own. Can you say the same about the Sandusky victims ? The MSU, Michigan and OSU scandals aren't even in the same universe as the Sandusky BS just because of the ages involved. Again, I ask, what the phuck is wrong with you and especially your OSU obsession?

And before you accuse me of being an OSU fan (like others), I am a Northwestern grad although my son has a BSME from OSU - it was an excellent program when he went through it many years ago. His son is now in the OSU Electrical Engineering program.

As for Hartline, he might have an alcohol problem, who knows? He was on his own property when he crashed BUT he called the EMS services after he crashed and was taken to the hospital. That cost the taxpayer some money - he just acted like an IDIOT

If you are driving a vehicle drunk, you are guilty...period. I don't care if there is a passenger or not. The issue that the stupid poster brought up was "who is he hurting"? The answer was "a passenger". Regardless, he is guilty if he was drinking and driving. Period, end of sentence, full stop.

On Sandusky, I don't care. Hartline was drinking and driving. Sandusky and PSU had nothing to do with that. As my friend says 'that is a "you" problem, not a "me" problem'.
I believe some are trying to point out "that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Every school has their issues nowadays.

I try to stay out of these things but, My God man, what is wrong with you? First, your obsession with OSU is just crazy

It was not 10x as worse just for the difference in the ages of the victims. Do you even understand this? I sent all of my children and grandchildren off to college - and a couple to the military - after high school at the age of 18. they're basically young adults at this point that should be able to reason on their own. Can you say the same about the Sandusky victims ? The MSU, Michigan and OSU scandals aren't even in the same universe as the Sandusky BS just because of the ages involved. Again, I ask, what the phuck is wrong with you and especially your OSU obsession?

And before you accuse me of being an OSU fan (like others), I am a Northwestern grad although my son has a BSME from OSU - it was an excellent program when he went through it many years ago. His son is now in the OSU Electrical Engineering program.

As for Hartline, he might have an alcohol problem, who knows? He was on his own property when he crashed BUT he called the EMS services after he crashed and was taken to the hospital. That cost the taxpayer some money - he just acted like an IDIOT
You seem way too upset to not have a personal stake in this. Your son wasn't one of Ohio State's hundreds of sexual abuse victims was he?

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
I believe some are trying to point out "that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Every school has their issues nowadays.
A very small percentage of schools have active coaches with drunk driving records let alone multiple incidents like Hartline has. Most schools that do fire that coach.

It's not crazy. It was off-roading. There's no innocent person in another vehicle being at risk.

What percent of the population do you believe has driven when legally drunk? It's really not that big of deal if we're being honest especially since he wasn't on a public road.

You seem way too upset to not have a personal stake in this. Your son wasn't one of Ohio State's hundreds of sexual abuse victims was he?
You really need to grow up. You won't address the questions that were asked of you just rant on about OSU. Like others have stated, the OSU stuff wasn't 10x as worse. Let me put it this way - in 30 years the UM, MSU and OSU scandals will long be forgotten but you want to bet on the one that people will remember? 10X as worse - OK

A very small percentage of schools have active coaches with drunk driving records let alone multiple incidents like Hartline has. Most schools that do fire that coach.
What? Schools not care at all if they have a DUI. Hartline will be suspended for a game if that. Unless someone is killed in the accident it's forgotten within weeks if not days.

Geeze started reading this thread and it’s another gem. Guy has a few beers at home with his buddy and they drive around the property on an ATV and crash. Some people want him hung for this? Come on

I have a serious question. I've read that Hartline had not been cited for a DUI. Does driving and wrecking on his own property - and not putting the public in danger - have something to do with not being cited ? Any attorneys out there ?

Geeze started reading this thread and it’s another gem. Guy has a few beers at home with his buddy and they drive around the property on an ATV and crash. Some people want him hung for this? Come on
It's honestly entertaining. If it was a Penn State coach they would have complained about it even being talked about as it would be a nonstory

Reactions: Eph97
You really need to grow up. You won't address the questions that were asked of you just rant on about OSU. Like others have stated, the OSU stuff wasn't 10x as worse. Let me put it this way - in 30 years the UM, MSU and OSU scandals will long be forgotten but you want to bet on the one that people will remember? 10X as worse - OK
1. You are here as a buckeye fan. I don't care that you have a degree from northwestern. You are clearly responding in this thread with interest as a buckeye. You even sent your own son to Ohio St while they were abusing young boys. You are full buckeye, willing to sacrifice your own if necessary for the team.

2. Your fellow buckeye pretending to be a ND fan brought up Sandusky which has nothing to do with this thread. It's not relevant to the discussion and Ohio St has a sexual abuse scandal that went on decades with a current employee perpetrating hundreds of crimes while the entire athletic department knew and actively covered it up. Sandusky was retired when crimes were alleged to have occurred and he found his victims through his charity which was not affiliated with Penn St whereas your doctor found his victims through your athletic programs and abused for decades with tacit approval by Ohio St.

3. None of the above changes the fact that Hartline has a history of drinking and driving and now just had a wreck drinking and driving requiring hospitalization. He should not be leading young men unless he gets his pattern of crime under control. I would give him a leave of absence to try to get himself to be sober for at least a year or two before he gets what now a 3rd chance? If not, the message to Ohio St student athletes is that if affiliated with Ohio St football then you can commit crimes without any consequences. Ohio St will fix it for you like they do their own coaches.

Last edited:
1. You are here as a buckeye fan. I don't care that you have a degree from northwestern. You are clearly responding in this thread with interest as a buckeye.

2. Your fellow buckeye pretending to be a ND fan brought up Sandusky which has nothing to do with this thread. It's not relevant to the discussion and Ohio St has a sexual abuse scandal that went on decades with a current employee perpetrating hundreds of crimes while the entire athletic department knew and actively covered it up. Sandusky was retired when crimes were alleged to have occurred and he found his victims through his charity which was not affiliated with Penn St whereas your doctor found his victims through your athletic programs and abused for decades with tacit approval by Ohio St.

3. None of the above changes the fact that Hartline has a history of drinking and driving and now just had a wreck drinking and driving requiring hospitalization. He should not be leading young men unless he gets his pattern of crime under control. I would give him a leave of absence to try to get himself to be sober for at least a year or two before he gets what now a 3rd chance? If not, the message to Ohio St student athletes is that if affiliated with Ohio St football then you can commit crimes without any consequences. Ohio St will fix it for you like they do their own coaches.
Yes, I root for the Buckeyes when they're playing Michigan. If a Buckeye win helps Northwestern, then yes, I root for them on some occasions because of my son and grandson. A die hard OSU fan - nope.

As for committing a crime - what crime? He was on his own property. He was not charged. Has he been cited for DUIs in the past ? Serious question - that's why I'm asking about him in a previous post. I don't know.

But what you seem to be unable to address is that the Sandusky stuff was with children - vulnerable children - while the MSU, UM and OSU coverups were with young adults. And anyone claiming that other officials at either school (and MSU) - besides Strauss and Sandusky - weren't aware of what was going on is just FOS - period. The OSU scandal - contrary to what you spew - wasn't 10x worse and post it on another board and you'll get laughed off

Last edited:
Yes, I root for the Buckeyes when they're playing Michigan. If a Buckeye win helps Northwestern, then yes, I root for them on some occasions because of my son and grandson. A die hard OSU fan - nope.

As for committing a crime - what crime? He was on his own property. Has he been cited for DUIs in the past ? Serious question - that's why I'm asking about him in a previous post. I don't know.

But what you seem to be unable to address is that the Sandusky stuff was with children - vulnerable children - while the MSU, UM and OSU coverups were with young adults. And anyone claiming that other officials at either school (and MSU) - besides Strauss and Sandusky - weren't aware of what was going on is just FOS - period. The OSU scandal - contrary to what you spew - wasn't 10x worse and post it on another board and you'll get laughed off
You aren't even being honest.

1. I did address Sandusky which has no relevance in this thread. He was retired at the time of his crimes and accessed his victims through his charity, not PSU. You lied.

2. Ohio St's sex abuse scandal spanned decades, was perpetrated by an active Ohio St employee, was actively covered up by Ohio St's athletic department, and had hundreds of children victims many more than young adults. You lied again.

3. Operating any motor vehicle while intoxicated is a crime in Ohio no matter where it is done. Crashing a motor vehicle with a passenger while drunk and badly enough that you are hospitalized is worse than many DUIs. Being on his own property has no relevance. He crashed a motor vehicle with a passenger requiring hospitalization while drunk. That is 100% against the law. You lied again.

You come onto a PSU site as a buckeye fan trying to make excuses for why you want a drunk driver modeling behavior for young men at Ohio st like your son and grandson. Frankly, you need to relook your priorities. Ohio st football > your own son and grandson. Win at all costs. Teach your own kid and grandkids that it is perfectly fine to drink and drive.

You aren't even being honest.

You come onto a PSU site as a buckeye fan trying to make excuses for why you want a drunk driver modeling behavior for young men at Ohio st like your son and grandson. Frankly, you need to relook your priorities. Ohio st football > your own son and grandson. Win at all costs. Teach your own kid and grandkids that it is perfectly fine to drink and drive.
Good God, what are you spewing about now. Do you realize that OSU is academically ranked higher than PSU? Several Big Ten schools are inside the top 100 Wall Street Jisting for 2022 including OSU. PSU ? No. 141 !!! For your reading pleasure.

BTW, my Northwestern is #9. Something tells me you're a WalMart PSU fan. Actually, I shouldn't be arguing with you. I'll leave and let you ramble on

Good God, what are you spewing about now. Do you realize that OSU is academically ranked higher than PSU? Several Big Ten schools are inside the top 100 Wall Street Jisting for 2022 including OSU. PSU ? No. 141 !!! For your reading pleasure.

BTW, my Northwestern is #9. Something tells me you're a WalMart PSU fan. Actually, I shouldn't be arguing with you. I'll leave and let you ramble on
He's the same poster that attacked the staff because they posted an article regarding a preferred walk-on being arrested and that being taken away saying he wasn't part of the program. Yet he was supposed to be. It's all just the same nonsense with him

You are bringing up yet another unrelated topic to the conversation to try to shift focus from that of the thread?

And if you want to PM me to compare my multiple PSU degrees and curriculum vitae against your own, feel free to do so. I taught in what is generally thought to be one of the most challenging fields at a top 10 university. But I'm sure that makes me a Walmart fan right?

Now get lost you buckeye DUI sympathizer.

He's the same poster that attacked the staff because they posted an article regarding a preferred walk-on being arrested and that being taken away saying he wasn't part of the program. Yet he was supposed to be. It's all just the same nonsense with him
Yeh, I'm starting to feel bad now for even arguing - discussing stuff - especially OSU - with him. I've had a ton of great discussions with many fans on this board......he's not one of them. My point is ALL SCHOOLS have their isuues - including PSU and OSU and throwing stones is RIDICULOUS. All I know is that my son received a great education at OSU and I'm grateful.

I'll just quit arguing with him as all I'm hearing now from him is blah, blah, blah.......

Yeh, I'm starting to feel bad now for even arguing - discussing stuff - especially OSU - with him. I've had a ton of great discussions with many fans on this board......he's not one of them. My point is ALL SCHOOLS have their isuues - including PSU and OSU and throwing stones is RIDICULOUS. All I know is that my son received a great education at OSU and I'm grateful.

I'll just quit arguing with him as all I'm hearing now from him is blah, blah, blah.......
That was basically his senseless argument the entire time. The inferiority complex is unfortunately strong with a few people here when it comes to Ohio State and Michigan to the point where anyone that doesn't blindly hate them can't be a Penn State fan.

You are bringing up yet another unrelated topic to the conversation to try to shift focus from that of the thread?

And if you want to PM me to compare my multiple PSU degrees and curriculum vitae against your own, feel free to do so. I taught in what is generally thought to be one of the most challenging fields at a top 10 university. But I'm sure that makes me a Walmart fan right?

Now get lost you buckeye DUI sympathizer.
Holy Cow, you're smart and impressive. I shouldn't even be in discussion with you - instead I should be taking notes. Oh, BTW, blah, blah, blah, blah.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT