ADVERTISEMENT

So Buckeye's Brian Hartline (OC, WR coach) wrecked his UTV on Sunday

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
And was admitted to the hospital. No biggie other than that he doesn't seem to be seriously injured but was still in the hospital at noon today (Monday). today it came out that he admitted to having been drinking before driving it. I am not sure what, if any, penalty there is in Ohio for driving a UTV while under the influence on your own property. There was a passenger, who was unhurt.

Worth following, however. Day has been under a LOT of pressure having lost to Michigan twice and losing a playoff game. This is going to be a pivotal year for Day and the program.

And was admitted to the hospital. No biggie other than that he doesn't seem to be seriously injured but was still in the hospital at noon today (Monday). today it came out that he admitted to having been drinking before driving it. I am not sure what, if any, penalty there is in Ohio for driving a UTV while under the influence on your own property. There was a passenger, who was unhurt.

Worth following, however. Day has been under a LOT of pressure having lost to Michigan twice and losing a playoff game. This is going to be a pivotal year for Day and the program.

Well I hope he is okay. By the way, wasn't he to guy who was mouthing off recently about being able to kick all other teams' OCs you know whats?

Hopefully he will take some time to make this a teachable moment for himself and others, who look up to him. On the legal end for a buckeye, I’m sure it will be one hour of community service. Where he must allow pictures with fans and sign autographs at some judges sons birthday party.

When he was with the Dolphins 10-12 years ago, he crashed his truck at night and left the scene for lawyers to handle the next day…he probably needs to stay home inside at night.

When he was with the Dolphins 10-12 years ago, he crashed his truck at night and left the scene for lawyers to handle the next day…he probably needs to stay home inside at night.
Sound like he has a drinking and driving problem. I am sure it just a missunderstading.

Reactions: Online Persona
Sound like he has a drinking and driving problem. I am sure it just a missunderstading.
Better than their last OC who left Indiana I believe having been accused of abusing his players. That was acceptable to the Buckeyes so I would think drinking and driving is also fine with them.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
In all honesty everyone is susceptible to this and worse which makes the way we were handled much worse we’re dealing with human beings and they’re going to screw up

In all honesty everyone is susceptible to this and worse which makes the way we were handled much worse we’re dealing with human beings and they’re going to screw up
Yes humans make mistakes. But you do not want men leading young men who model behaviors that are abusive, drinking and driving, or sexually inappropriate. One or two may slip through where those flaws are well hidden. But when those flaws are exposed or become a pattern then the university has a responsibility to remove them from leading young men.

Reactions: rll1957
You are spot on but osu wants to win so nothing will happen. Given enough rope they will hang themselves

Yes humans make mistakes. But you do not want men leading young men who model behaviors that are abusive, drinking and driving, or sexually inappropriate. One or two may slip through where those flaws are well hidden. But when those flaws are exposed or become a pattern then the university has a responsibility to remove them from leading young men.
Coaches don't need to mold people in real life--that's not their job.
Kids that go to Ohio State to play for Hartline are looking for on-field coaching
The University couldn't care less--nor would Penn State. If they do fire Harline we should be on the phone with him 3 minutes later.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Sorry...I don't agree.

You are held to a higher standard when you are a leader and make several million per year. You have less scrutiny if you want to make $100k a year and live in relative obscurity.

The choice is his and he has to make better choices. He will probably get a DUI, at least, from this. A DUI is a very, very serious charge in Ohio.

Reactions: RussianEagle
Sorry...I don't agree.

You are held to a higher standard when you are a leader and make several million per year. You have less scrutiny if you want to make $100k a year and live in relative obscurity.

The choice is his and he has to make better choices. He will probably get a DUI, at least, from this. A DUI is a very, very serious charge in Ohio.
He's a football coach...he's not someone that should be held to a higher standard. His goals are to develop players and help them win games. He's not there to be an example to the players.

Also, I'm not sure how big of deal him being drunk is when he was offroading. He wasn't on a road, correct? Guessing he plays a fine and maybe loses his license. Not much to see here.

He's a football coach...he's not someone that should be held to a higher standard. His goals are to develop players and help them win games. He's not there to be an example to the players.

Also, I'm not sure how big of deal him being drunk is when he was offroading. He wasn't on a road, correct? Guessing he plays a fine and maybe loses his license. Not much to see here.

Are you a lawyer? Because if you are, I might consult you if I'm ever deep in it. Lol

However, your win at all cost morality is weird.

The only way I'd think he would escape a DUI is if the accident occurred on HIS OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY. And even then, I'm not 100%. You can't even be behind the wheel asleep if you are drunk if the keys are in the vehicle with you.

Am I saying anything will happen to him? Very likely not.

sorry. he represents one of the largest and most visible universities in the nation, makes over $1,000,000 a year and is a teacher for 90-ish influential kids.

It doesn't matter if he was on the road or not in Ohio. Drunk driving in drunk driving: boat, car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, golf cart, field, driveway, highway, street, road, dirt path.

Kids that go to Ohio State to play for Hartline are looking for on-field coaching
The University couldn't care less--nor would Penn State. If they do fire Harline we should be on the phone with him 3 minutes later.
Please leave this board and never return. Burn anything you have with any logo or connection to Penn State. Never say Penn State or any of the other nomenclatures for the university.

Go find some other sports team to root for. One that cares about nothing but winning. You don’t belong here.

Last edited:
First, you are dead wrong. Football at tOSU is all about PR. And this is awful PR. Just like loosing to UM the last two years, it is bad PR.

Second, who said anything about firing him?

third, if you haven't been paying attention, Day Lost to Michigan in 2021 and damn near lost to Utah (who didn't have their star QB). Last year they lost to Michigan and GA to end the season. Day is under a lot of pressure and having an OC that gets tagged for a DUI isn't going to help.

lastly, drinking and driving isn't a joke, it isn't funny, and it shouldn't be excused under ANY circumstances.

Are you a lawyer? Because if you are, I might consult you if I'm ever deep in it. Lol

The only way I'd think he would escape a DUI is if the accident occurred on HIS OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY. And even then, I'm not 100%. You can't even be behind the wheel asleep if you are drunk if the keys are in the vehicle with you.

Sports are all about winning if we're being honest. Especially at this level. If he wasn't on a roadway or a public lot, like a bar or restaurant parking lot, they can plea pretty easily to lesser charges but Ohio is odd.

Please leave this board and never return. Burn anything you have with any logo or connection to Penn State. Never say Penn State or zany of the other nomenclatures for the university.

Go find some other sports team to root for. One that cares about nothing but winning. You don’t belong here.
Sports are about winning. Don't pretend you care about the kids if you turn on them when they leave. You only care about the jersey they wear and want to pretend this is still the 80s. It isn't and hasn't been for decades. College football is big business.

It's also why the wrestling team and WVB have large following. They win.

Sports are all about winning if we're being honest. Especially at this level. If he wasn't on a roadway or a public lot, like a bar or restaurant parking lot, they can plea pretty easily to lesser charges but Ohio is odd.
Funny...I didn't hear anyone say that when a non-associated PSU football team got filleted over the Jerry Sandusky issue.

Sports are about winning. Don't pretend you care about the kids if you turn on them when they leave. You only care about the jersey they wear and want to pretend this is still the 80s. It isn't and hasn't been for decades. College football is big business.

It's also why the wrestling team and WVB have large following. They win.
Amazing how you know what I think. Or feel. What kid have I ever turned on for leaving ?

Guess what……even big business should be held to high standards. Lots of them are garbage and I avoid them.

Yes I like teams that win. But ones that win with class and decency. You wouldn’t understand .

Last edited:

Are you a lawyer?

Maybe he slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Nope. Dumb railroader, country bumpkin.
In Ohio, they just ruled sleeping in a parked vehicle while drunk is unconstitutional. I mean, this is like a month ago. I know people that have been convicted of this but it came down to a couple that was camping and had a few pops then retired to their camper van. While sleeping, they got a visit by the cops. They were given a test, actually said they were drinking, and got written up for a DUI.

Anyway, in this guy's case, it is unclear who was driving as he was out with a "buddy". My guess is that they are now saying the buddy was driving but it will come down to what they said during the EMT visit. During the 9-1-1 call the caller admitted that the coach was drinking but I am unsure if he was driving. Regardless, if you are on your property or on a highway or on a lake, if you are drinking and driving you are putting your and any passenger's lives at risk. I am familiar with a father who did the same on an ATV killing his young son.

Reactions: lazydave841
Some here are correct that likely nothing happens to him. Ohio St will make it go away. So the lesson to their entire team will be that you can break the law, even the coaches do, and it will get fixed for you.

Funny...I didn't hear anyone say that when a non-associated PSU football team got filleted over the Jerry Sandusky issue.
You should have. That's a great example...because Paterno won and we claimed how it was done the right way is why people reacted how they did.

Amazing how you know what I think. Or feel. What kid have I ever turned on for leaving ?

Guess what……even big business should be held to high standards. Lots of them are garbage and I avoid them.

Yes I like teams that win. But ones that win with class and decency. You wouldn’t understand .
So you support Silas Redd's decision for leaving and still rooted for him to succeed? We'll start with him.

You dont care about class and decency. If we had a team like Miami in thr 80s you'd have a different outlook. You just want to pretend there's a right way.

So you support Silas Redd's decision for leaving and still rooted for him to succeed? We'll start with him.

You dont care about class and decency. If we had a team like Miami in thr 80s you'd have a different outlook. You just want to pretend there's a right way.
I never complained about him leaving and in fact defended his decision to do so. Loook if up. Also hated Miami,

Also lost interest in Steelers after they kept Ben after assaulting a woman in Georgia.

Not everyone is a soulless, uncaring, self-centered dolt like you.

Reactions: marshall23
And in other news the top 3 wide receivers in the country all just committed to O$U.

Sorry...I don't agree.

Can you get a DUI riding an ATv on your own private property? I don’t know the answer to that.

I never complained about him leaving and in fact defended his decision to do so. Loook if up. Also hated Miami,

Also lost interest in Steelers after they kept Ben after assaulting a woman in Georgia.

Not everyone is a soulless, uncaring, self-centered dolt like you.
You missed the word "allegedly"
Soulless and uncaring when it comes to sports--this is a game--nothing more

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT