ADVERTISEMENT

Scathing Sports Illustrated article on culture at Michigan under Harbaugh

Sorry but disagree. JoePa saw those yellow Michigan pants and immediately pissed himself making his pants yellow too. He coached scared against Michigan and it showed in how the team played. He refused too do anything different against them. The epitome was with Morelli, Michigan had lost to App St, PSU practiced a g

Every squirrel finds an acorn. Of course PSU was in the Orange Bowl because they lost to Floyd that year, lots of bad calls by the refs but kicking off to Breston with about a minute left was really dumb. Breston was probably the best return man in the country and brought the ball out to the 50.

I would give credit for that season to Michael Robinson, maybe the greatest competitor in PSU history.
Eat shit

Whatever WE think of SI and this article, you can bet that recruits and their families who are made aware of it will have another reason to think twice before committing to Harbaugh. An article like this is worth its weight in negative recruiting gold. I can't believe coaches around the Big and elsewhere won't use it. Wouldn't you? Honestly, wouldn't you?

Reactions: Mudge1026
And make no mistake, Harbaugh has been successful at Michigan.

Harbaugh's success at Michigan is relative to how you define success.

National titles: 0

Conference titles: 0

Times he's led his team to Indianapolis to PLAY in the CCG: 0

Wins vs OSU: 0

He hasn't had no mediocre or downright bad years like Rich Rod or Hoke. He beats most everyone he is supposed to, but loses against every good team he faces. I'd say his best win at Michigan is vs our '16 team that won the conference (even if we weren't ranked as high at the time as we finished up), but I've not dug that deep into it.

If the media would start them out at #15 every year regardless of who JH brings in to play QB, perhaps after a few years of living up to that standard the rest of us could stomach it a little better.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I don't think the hype was over the top when Michigan hired him. He had tremendous success everywhere he had gone. He made Stanford a power in the PAC12 when the PAC12 was much better than it is now. Then he went to the NFL and took the Niners to the SB. The criticism at the time was the Jim Harbaugh was a fantastic coach known for turning downtrodden programs/teams into winners but eventually he will rub people the wrong way. People expected him to win big at Michigan but were hoping that since he is a Michigan Man he would fit in enough that he wouldn't rub people the wrong way.

And make no mistake, Harbaugh has been successful at Michigan. It's not the success that they demand or that most thought he'd bring but he's been very good there, just not great. He hasn't come up in big games and it looks like he has started to rub everybody the wrong way which is what people predicted would happen around the five year mark. I still don't know who anyone thinks they would find that would be better than Harbaugh if they fire him, though.
The biggest issue in my mind is he’s getting paid top 5 money at a blue blood program with great resources and is recruiting well, but turning in top 20 results at best. He’s massively overpaid.

The biggest issue in my mind is he’s getting paid top 5 money at a blue blood program with great resources and is recruiting well, but turning in top 20 results at best. He’s massively overpaid.
And he has the advantage of always getting the benefit of the doubt in the rankings.

Sorry but disagree. JoePa saw those yellow Michigan pants and immediately pissed himself making his pants yellow too. He coached scared against Michigan and it showed in how the team played. He refused too do anything different against them. The epitome was with Morelli, Michigan had lost to App St, PSU practiced a g

Every squirrel finds an acorn. Of course PSU was in the Orange Bowl because they lost to Floyd that year, lots of bad calls by the refs but kicking off to Breston with about a minute left was really dumb. Breston was probably the best return man in the country and brought the ball out to the 50.

I would give credit for that season to Michael Robinson, maybe the greatest competitor in PSU history.
Yeah, Joe was like 82-40 with a 4-3 bowl record his last 10 years.
But we aren't paying him. There are lots of coaches and pro athletes that we might think are over paid. I thought the Jets were nuts to draft Hack. If Michigan doesn't want to pay Harbaugh, they will get rid of him.

Whatever WE think of SI and this article, you can bet that recruits and their families who are made aware of it will have another reason to think twice before committing to Harbaugh. An article like this is worth its weight in negative recruiting gold. I can't believe coaches around the Big and elsewhere won't use it. Wouldn't you? Honestly, wouldn't you?
No one gets more negative press than PSU. I guess recruits and their families think twice about coming here as well. I would hope they visit and make their own judgement and don't surrender their decision making to blood sucking scum bags who write for ESPN or some other fanboy publication.

Still dealing with hangover from sanctions. Harbaugh had juniors and seniors from Top 10 recruiting classes, Franklin upperclassmen is what remained from recruiting classes ranked in 40s and 50s.

So theoretically we’re supposed to believe you are a Penn State fan? Hilarious.

There were like a dozen NFL players on the team that lost to everyone with a heartbeat, plus Temple and Northwestern. The coaching had something to do with it, and you are just cherrypicking, which reflects poorly on PSU fans. The sanctions stuff is so overplayed, and people like you always say "Whatevs!" anyway whenever a chunk of quality reserves bail each year.

SI rag buried PSU unfairly with a bunch of sensationalist crap. Not sure why we would believe anything in it.

I was just about to write the same thing....you beat me to it....great minds, you know. SI is a piece of shit publication. After finishing 9th in the AP poll this year, all I can think about is their post-Sandusky cover that read: "We Were, Penn State." Fvck you SI...I cancelled my subscription that day and after never looked at that shit since.

97945748_original.jpg

QK57G3WBTJFJRD27FRXE7M5UMM.jpg
Great. He had a couple good seasons over his last 11 years.

There were like a dozen NFL players on the team that lost to everyone with a heartbeat, plus Temple and Northwestern. The coaching had something to do with it, and you are just cherrypicking, which reflects poorly on PSU fans. The sanctions stuff is so overplayed, and people like you always say "Whatevs!" anyway whenever a chunk of quality reserves bail each year.
"m"g"k"psu -------- can we see this tool as Mkilvanik reincarnated?? PSU hater extraordinary!!!!!

Harbaugh's success at Michigan is relative to how you define success.

National titles: 0

Conference titles: 0

Times he's led his team to Indianapolis to PLAY in the CCG: 0

Wins vs OSU: 0

He hasn't had no mediocre or downright bad years like Rich Rod or Hoke. He beats most everyone he is supposed to, but loses against every good team he faces. I'd say his best win at Michigan is vs our '16 team that won the conference (even if we weren't ranked as high at the time as we finished up), but I've not dug that deep into it.

If the media would start them out at #15 every year regardless of who JH brings in to play QB, perhaps after a few years of living up to that standard the rest of us could stomach it a little better.

Good stuff!

:)

Reactions: djr4rebs
“Played??”
The only played thing here is your troll schtick .
12 NFL players in ‘15?? How many were freshmen or sophomores? How many actually played meaningful time the NFL? How many upperclassmen scholarship O linemen did we have in ‘15?? That same team took the big ten champs to overtime and won if the refs hadn’t had their heads up their a$$es.
That coach you say is so terrible has never had a bad game against O$U even though only complete idiots think he ever had a comparable level of talent across the board.
You are clearly a troll who I am putting on ignore. Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT