ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Early Games Thread (Pitt-Tennessee / Oregon-OSU, etc.)

Announcer failed to call it, but the Personal Foul called on duhO$U player on play that resulted in long gain was a Face Mask Penalty (I looked it up).

The Tennessee - pitter game is horrible. pitt has no athletes because Narduzzi can't recruit. However, pitt seems to be decently coached. Tennessee has decent athletes but are playing like it is the WWE. Don't they tell the players the rules or are the players too dumb to understand?
Tennessee lost like 30 players last year, they have very little in terms of talent.

Wow. Oregon defense with their second head scratcher. Nobody on #11 on a 4th and 6?

Wtf

Again the announcers are full of shit, the Oregon player clearly makes first contact with his shoulder's and the front of his helmet (i.e., facemask). For it to be Targeting under Rule 9-1-3 (unprotected offensive player) it has to be Spearing (intentionally aiming and using "the Crown" of the helmet [i.e., the very top of the helmet] to initiate contact). The Oregon player clearly does not Spear here (i.e., INTENTIONAL use of the Crown of the helmet) which is what is required under 9-1-3. Initial contact here was initiated with shoulders and front of helmet primarily.

Reactions: GreggK
I wasn't able to watch, but was following on radio/ESPN site. From watching the time I thought Moorhead's offense's difficulty closing out games late was going to cost the Ducks. Fortunately no JT Barrett in this game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT