ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Rutgers Dual Thread 1/16

So basically with the new OT rules if you have choice and defer you can ride your guy out and then stall for the final 30 seconds and win? I like the 2 minute SV but they should make both guys go down in the OTs. It's too easy to win if you just have choice.
I think regulation riding time should be included. Why wipe it out after regulation? It’s part of the match just like SV is part of the match.

I think regulation riding time should be included. Why wipe it out after regulation? It’s part of the match just like SV is part of the match.
Btw, if I’m not mistaken Beau lost the match on riding time but may have actually had more riding time than his opponent if regulation riding time was included in. Or am I wrong? I though he may have had about 50 seconds of it.

On the phantom-2 signal from Rivera — I’d have to rewatch to confirm, but I think the swipes were for danger neutral . . . maybe he held his hand up to stop the count (not actually 2 fingers)?
Rewatched during the break. He never held up 2 during the scramble at end of first OT. He was indeed starting and stopping neutral danger count. Looked like held up 4 at one point, but angle was such that I have to believe he was signaling 90-degree plane, not points.

Bartlett got hosed.

Put on your big boy pants and call him for stalling when he’s down on a hand and knee, or running away, Angel.
Van Brill moved in reverse the entire match. The problem isn't restricted to Rivera. In today's Teemer Monday match Teemer moved away the entire match while Monday wasn't shooting either, he was never in range. The single time Monday stepped into Teemer, Teemer shot a double for the winning takedown. Teemer should have been DQed, Van Brill should have been DQed.

If somebody is going to initiate their offense by constantly moving backwards and away, waiting for the other guy to step carelessly into an easy shot and they aren't constantly stepping back in or shooting they should be hit with repeated stalls.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
So basically with the new OT rules if you have choice and defer you can ride your guy out and then stall for the final 30 seconds and win? I like the 2 minute SV but they should make both guys go down in the OTs. It's too easy to win if you just have choice.
that’s not new. you could always do that.

Sorry, but in "Sudden Victory", you can't call two, then waive it off. Match is over as soon as he calls 2. Gibbons ridiculously says, "He's just seeing if Bartlett can finish pin...." - not the way it works, match is over in SV as soon as he calls 2 for TD.
No reason to be sorry I agree. Was just saying what he did. VB was still on his back after he waved off the td. He may have still had somewhat of a hold on BB leg is why he waved it off possibly? Always questionable calls with this guy

Btw, if I’m not mistaken Beau lost the match on riding time but may have actually had more riding time than his opponent if regulation riding time was included in. Or am I wrong? I though he may have had about 50 seconds of it.
He may have had. A little less because Angel was very late in awarding the escape

It was bizarre that Beau didn't take the two at the end of the first SV instead of trying to pin him. Mind you VanBrill was on his back for along time and it should have been called but Beau could have just taken the two.

In SV the match is over as soon as Bartlett scores 2 which he clearly did.

BB needs to get his 2 instead of trying to deck him.

This match doesn’t go to 2OT if he does that.

Watching Beau wrestle feels a lot like watching Jarod Verkleeren. Very tough to take down but has a tough time generating his own offense.
Absolutely not lol.

Other than the Sacred Heart kid, Beau has only wrestled NQ level guys this year and Rivera arguably swung the results of two of his matches. Verk did not have nearly the same level of success Beau has had against those guys

Brady up 2-1 after 2 periods. He looks pretty muscular. Im not sure i see him at 157. Hopefully he can. Time will tell. Great seeing Berge back on the mat!

It always seemed throughout Brady’s career that when he’s deep on the double on his knees and the guy draped over him that he usually sits and waits for the stalemate call. Always thought he never seemed comfortable trying to finish from that position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT