ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Rutgers Dual Thread 1/16

i still have a hard time wrapping my head around tony negron finding his way into the lineup on this team haha who had that on their bingo card?

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Beau definitely out wrestled him and had two at least once. But I do not agree with him choosing neutral in that last period to give up the win on riding time. He also should have won on stall point, Van Brill ran backwards!
He didn't choose neutral, VB did. VB had choice at start of 2OT and he deferred. Bartlett choose down.

On the phantom-2 signal from Rivera — I’d have to rewatch to confirm, but I think the swipes were for danger neutral . . . maybe he held his hand up to stop the count (not actually 2 fingers)?

Just think my buddy got reprimanded for calling too many stalls against ASU a few years back. Now we have Rivera scared sh*tless to call a stall when it’s warranted.

If Cael even has an ounce of flair for the dramatic he'll let Berge make his debut at Rec Hall and get that ovation.

So basically with the new OT rules if you have choice and defer you can ride your guy out and then stall for the final 30 seconds and win? I like the 2 minute SV but they should make both guys go down in the OTs. It's too easy to win if you just have choice.

He swiped twice held up two then waved it off? Tough lose right there

Sorry, but in "Sudden Victory", you can't call two, then waive it off. Match is over as soon as he calls 2. Gibbons ridiculously says, "He's just seeing if Bartlett can finish pin...." - not the way it works, match is over in SV as soon as he calls 2 for TD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT