ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule blew a call headed into half

I understand your point. But if they run on 2nd and fail, it's tough to line up and spike with only 12 secs.
My apologies. The play after the false start began with 12 seconds remaining. The Huskers took a bit getting to the line and set to go quickly before the false start stopped the clock at 12 seconds. So not sure how much time they would have had if they called the timeout. Maybe 18 to 20 seconds? I've looked at 3 different game highlights videos on youtube and none of them show that play before the false start.

Yeah I agree. Unlike some posters on here I don’t worship Rhule but I think criticizing him for not anticipating a false start is nit picking.
I agree. Had he called timeout and didn't make it and the FG kicker is rushed on and misses the FG, people would be complaining that he should have kept the timeout. The fault is on whomever false started. You can't anticipate and plan on penalties.

Nebraska simply made far too many mistakes to win: 4 turnovers, 2 false start penalties inside the Minnesota TEN, 2 red zone turnovers, and a poor passing game.

Reactions: SR108 and Obliviax
I agree. Had he called timeout and didn't make it and the FG kicker is rushed on and misses the FG, people would be complaining that he should have kept the timeout. The fault is on whomever false started. You can't anticipate and plan on penalties.
Why only one TO?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT