ADVERTISEMENT

R U the Cal Ripken of PSU football fans? How many consecutive yrs have you attended @ least 1 game?

Are you the Cal Ripken of Penn State football fans?

Anyone here have a consecutive games streak currently going on?

How many consecutive years have you seen at least one Penn State game either home or away? I’m up to 28 consecutive years with at least one home or away game.
Didn't miss a home game from 1973

How many consecutive years have you seen at least one Penn State game either home or away? I’m up to 28 consecutive years with at least one home or away game.

I went to every home game from 1973 to 2009, I believe it is somewhere around 250 straight home games. In 2010 my oldest son played college football but we still made 3 home games every year in the 4 year span and I started a new consecutive streak in 2014

Reactions: john4psu

I've gone to at least one game every year since 1968..so...50
Cal would attend all road games as well. Pretty sure nobody will come close to Cal's streak of seasons playing every single game.
Yea well if you paid me what Cal was getting, I’d have been at every home, road, bowl and blue white game for the past 50 years.

I have been a season ticket holder since 1970 started attending games in 1967 . We sit in section WCU row 54 chair back seats. Jack the candy man used to sit next to me but, now he sits a couple of rows in back of me.
I have to know you. Row 57 seat 26-32. I was several rows up from jack. Sat there since 1970-s with my parents.

Since 1976

At least one game every year since my jr. year of HS in '82... Until one of the BOB years when I couldn't get down there.

So 35 of last 36 years. Not bad for a guy living in MA since '94.

1984-2015. Had season tickets from 1985-2012. I did not attend a single football game of any kind in 2016 (should have gone to Indy, but we had a schedule conflict). Kinda just happened. We're trying for one a year going forward, so went to Iowa last year and to Kent State this season (have a niece at Kent). Home weekends just got too expensive, so barring a get together of our old gang, I've probably been to my last home game. Hoping to go to Maryland next year as Mrs KG's aunt and uncle live near campus.

Pushing 30 years for me. Most of the 90's I saw more away games as I lived in Chicago, but still tried to make atleast one home game and stay in an RV owned by friends.

Was a guard in section NA 1975 & 1976 (paid $5.00 a game)
Hauled football equipment to away games 1977 to 1988 (moved to Philly area)
Season ticket holder since 1980

Haven't missed a home game since Pitt '73. Had to go to a buddy's wedding and I never let him forget it. Saw at least one game every year since 1966.

Last edited:

41 and counting.

Reactions: BriarwoodBash
1969 Colorado to 2009 Indiana.

Even if I didn't live 5 hours away I still couldn't attend due to physical limitations but I do miss the crowd, seeing the whole field, the scene, the band and all the things that happen which TV doesn't encompass or show, and they miss a lot. That is life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT