ADVERTISEMENT

PSU's top recruiter ranks PSU's class #2

Willie said 7 starters. NC State actually landed 11 wrestlers. They got 4 middleweight starters and serious competition at 125-141. Heckuva class.

Nick Reenan PA 165/17
Hayden Hidlay PA 149/157
Thomas Bullard GA 165
Daniel Bullard GA 174
Codi Russell GA 125/133
Charlie Lenox PA 125
Tommy Cox NY 125
Tariq Wilson OH 133
Wade Cummings PA 133/141
Kellen Devlin NY 133/141
Chris Diaz GA 141

I don't care how many recruits they bring in, none of them are beating Zain, Nolf, Bo or Hall, and probably not Cenzo either. Have fun fighting for 2nd place.

Tell me in two years who had the better class.

Last edited:
Reactions: fortheglory94
not seeing 7 for 3 weights.

Tariq, Hidlay, Reenan, Bullard, Bullard clear starters.

could get another out of Cox, Diaz, and Rogers.
Ok thanks Smalls-like I said I don't know 'em like you do brother.
Thought Russell-Lenox-Cox were '25ers
Wilson-Cummings-Tariq-were 33
Devlin-Diaz-41's
Reenan was same as Bullard twins-either-65 or 74

I was told on HR that NC State is *never* going to win a national championship, so what good is a #1 recruiting class to them. ;) It's a great recruiting class, but I don't know how manageable all those bodies will be. I always have the same reaction to recruiting classes with staggering numbers of wrestlers - what do you do with them all? And how much scholly money do you have left for future years.

Totally shocked. How can a poster know everyone's weight class next year ;), and not have a basic understanding of wrestling scholarships.

Low class pal.

You have posted for years on TOS and others, and not once have jumped in and piled on. Lost respect for you.

I was told on HR that NC State is *never* going to win a national championship, so what good is a #1 recruiting class to them. ;) It's a great recruiting class, but I don't know how manageable all those bodies will be. I always have the same reaction to recruiting classes with staggering numbers of wrestlers - what do you do with them all? And how much scholly money do you have left for future years.

Those posters on HR are right about NC State. I mean, when has ANY ACC team EVER finished higher than Iowa at NCAAs? :oops:

FYI, that particular emoticon means oops. :D

Reactions: Flying_Tiger
PSU could have 6 starters from the 2014 high school class:

133: Cortez
157: Nolf
174: Nickal
184: Rasheed
197: Cassar
285: Nevills

A tremendous influx of talent for one year. Add Cenzo and the big 3 from this year and PSU could be unstoppable very soon.

Reactions: Dogwelder
3rd

Willie basically says that PSU's class could end up more valuable (hence worthy of being #1), if PSU gets value out of Manville. He's the #5 ranked recruit by Flo. Willie's concerns is where he will fit in the lineup. It really seems as though Willie could have gone either way. NC State has 5 top 100 recruits (2 in the top 10), while PSU has 4 top 100 recruits (3 in the top 10). Willie says that NC State may have gotten 7 starters in this class.

It's interesting to rank based upon teams filling needs, as opposed to overall total of talent. When analysts grade NFL drafts, it's usually factoring in that teams need. College football and basketball do it based solely on the sum of all the talent.

I get Willie's reasoning and just comparing PSU's class with NCST's class I can see how he ranks them #1 with the sheer numbers combined with some top talent. However, based on needs and in reality, PSU's class is a much better fit for PSU in the grand scheme of things as we do not need 10+ kids in the room at this time. Not to mention a lot of the NCST kids would likely be sitting for multiple years at PSU, so if Manville's impact may be lessened, I imagine a majority of the NCST kids would be too. Both classes are impressive and a few others are pretty good too, Iowa's included.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
However, based on needs and in reality, PSU's class is a much better fit for PSU in the grand scheme of things as we do not need 10+ kids in the room at this time

Pretty sure PSU's class this year includes 10 wrestlers, but only four of them in the top 100 recruit list.

A tremendous influx of talent for one year. Add Cenzo and the big 3 from this year and PSU could be unstoppable very soon.

Agreed. But we won Nationals going away, we're bringing in Cenzo, and the 1, 2, and 5 incoming HS'ers. Three of the top five recruits - in what world is that not the top recruiting class. I know we don't want to sound arrogant or conceited to our Hawkeye friends. But I'm going to go way out on a limb here, and say, PSU will be unstoppable very soon.

I'm sure I'll be inviting the wrath from many on this board and our Iowa friends for being a braggart and a blowhard. But I say bring it on. I can take the heat, and I like our chances.

What the Iowa people fail to understand, above all, is that 125 and 133 are already their strong weights. The uptick from top recruits at those weight classes is limited.

Low class pal.

You have posted for years on TOS and others, and not once have jumped in and piled on. Lost respect for you.
Poor attempt at humor maybe...that's why the winkie face...which most would let roll off their back. You're right, other than a post back in 2009, I don't pile on...given my situation. Still, if you want to have a constructive conversation re. scholarships, happy to help if I can.

Other than the 5 wrestlers listed, Nicholas and Pipher are there any other 2016 recruits?

As I said earlier, going nuts about recruiting rankings is Mack Brown-esque. UT football started chasing its tail so much about rankings that it forgot the end game - to take your recruits, develop them, and win.

Did we land the top pfp guy? Yes

Did we land the top lightweight for this class that we needed desperately? Yes

Everything else this year (especially in light of our already-stacked lineup) is gravy.

Reactions: SRATH and Ja1339
There are so many things to obsess over in this modern age.
Although I did not care for the man, his adage I do believe in: "Just win Baby."
Oh yea, as someone who has worked for more years than many of you may have been alive, May I suggest that it doesn't matter where you begin, it only matters where you end.
or as they used to say Love "Ya Lions.

Other than the 5 wrestlers listed, Nicholas and Pipher are there any other 2016 recruits?

Mark Hall, Nick Suriano, Mason Manville, AJ Nevills, Bo Pipher, Alex Nicholas, Devin Schnupp (Warwick), Brian Friery (Lewisburg), Mason Lindenmuth (Brockway), Luke Gardner (Pottsville)

Pretty sure PSU's class this year includes 10 wrestlers, but only four of them in the top 100 recruit list.

I was replying more to the fact that someone said NC St only had around 30 or so kids in their room so they really needed to bring in a bunch of kids for the rooms sake. But definitely the entire class coming into PSU will help out even if not on the mat come March.

It doesn't matter AT ALL but I'm sorry, a class of three wrestlers in the Top 10 beats all comers. Period. End of story.

What the Iowa people fail to understand, above all, is that 125 and 133 are already their strong weights. The uptick from top recruits at those weight classes is limited.

Absolutely 100% on the money. Penn State had a National champion in Matt Brown, the next year Bo Nickal went to the final(and lost on a fluke). Strength, followed by strength.

It remains to be seen, how many more points Lee scores for Iowa, than Gilman scores this year in St Louis(provided Thomas stays healthy).

Reactions: matter7172
Mark Hall, Nick Suriano, Mason Manville, AJ Nevills, Bo Pipher, Alex Nicholas, Devin Schnupp (Warwick), Brian Friery (Lewisburg), Mason Lindenmuth (Brockway), Luke Gardner (Pottsville)
Thanks. I knew I was missing a few.

Those posters on HR are right about NC State. I mean, when has ANY ACC team EVER finished higher than Iowa at NCAAs? :oops:

FYI, that particular emoticon means oops. :D
Not sure when that happened, but if memory serves I believe it happened the same year a second ACC team gave the Hawks their only dual loss of the season.

Reactions: matter7172
Not sure when that happened, but if memory serves I believe it happened the same year a second ACC team gave the Hawks their only dual loss of the season.

I believe you are correct. Even better it was two different ACC teams. However, once again that was a LONG time ago, right? :D

I believe you are correct. Even better it was two different ACC teams. However, once again that was a LONG time ago, right? :D
Question is, how many people who post on Blue White Illustrated fairly regularly (aside from Hawk fans) actually saw both of those occurrences in the flesh?

Poor attempt at humor maybe...that's why the winkie face...which most would let roll off their back. You're right, other than a post back in 2009, I don't pile on...given my situation. Still, if you want to have a constructive conversation re. scholarships, happy to help if I can.

Wow, 21 dissapoineted me with this. I'm with you Roar.

Reactions: lionlover
Question is, how many people who post on Blue White Illustrated fairly regularly (aside from Hawk fans) actually saw both of those occurrences in the flesh?
I saw one in the flesh and the other one streamed. Both gave me enjoyment.
Gotta like those Hokies and NC wild canines.

I saw one in the flesh and the other one streamed. Both gave me enjoyment.
Gotta like those Hokies and NC wild canines.

Same here. If you have a BTN PLus subscription the dual meet is still there to be watched.

Why would a PSU fan fly out to Iowa in short notice to catch the Iowa-NC State match? This doesn't make much sense. It was available to watch online, which I'm sure many did. I did, the Renda match was sweet.

Reactions: nitlion6
Wow, 21 dissapoineted me with this. I'm with you Roar.

A "wink" emoticon does not bail him out: His entire career on these boards has been as an informative, and objective poster who does not pile on, and the fact is, he piled on, and I lost respect for him. I could not care less what another of my haters, like you, think.

This is between him and me.

A "wink" emoticon does not bail him out: His entire career on these boards has been as an informative, and objective poster who does not pile on, and the fact is, he piled on, and I lost respect for him. I could not care less what another of my haters, like you, think.

21 consider this post an Internet hug as I'm afraid there is no smily face to express this.

Someday soon maybe.

Let me get this straight. One of "the" most grounded, factual posters on this board gets silly "one time" over many years and you "lose respect for him." With all due respect, you sound like a bitchy girl.

Reactions: moug
21 consider this post an Internet hug as I'm afraid there is no smily face to express this.

Someday soon maybe.
They made one special for 21
exploding-hug.gif

Let me get this straight. One of "the" most grounded, factual posters on this board gets silly "one time" over many years and you "lose respect for him." With all due respect, you sound like a bitchy girl.

Like I said, I don't care about what you think.

He knows that he showed no class. That's all it's about.

Back on topic. 3 of the top 9 recruits in the nation, including the #1 and #3 guys...that's not the second best ANYTHING, that's the top class in the nation.

Like I said, I don't care about what you think.

He knows that he showed no class. That's all it's about.

If you don't care, why did you reply? Because deep down inside you know you are being immature. Grow up!

If you don't care, why did you reply? Because deep down inside you know you are being immature. Grow up!

You are on ignore.

Any future problem, pm me, and we can meet up and have a few drinks if you'd like.

You are on ignore.

Any future problem, pm me, and we can meet up and have a few drinks if you'd like.

Well guys, at least I made some progress. He was so bothered by his immature reaction, he put me on ignore because he can't bear to face the reality of his action.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Well guys, at least I made some progress. He was so bothered by his immature reaction, he put me on ignore because he can't bear to face the reality of his action.

Psych 101 says he didn't actually put you on ignore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT