ADVERTISEMENT

PSU's top recruiter ranks PSU's class #2

What was Iowa ranked if you don't mind me asking? I don't usually carry FloPro in the off season, but I'm guessing somewhere in the 5-10 range.

I thought PSU would be the #1 with three top 10 recruits and Nevills who I think is in the 80s for class ranking. But I see the argument for NC State, two top 10 recruits in Hidlay and Reenan as well as the bullard twins who have pretty impressive resumes in their own right and a lightweight Wilson from Ohio.

What was Iowa ranked if you don't mind me asking? I don't usually carry FloPro in the off season, but I'm guessing somewhere in the 5-10 range.

I thought PSU would be the #1 with three top 10 recruits and Nevills who I think is in the 80s for class ranking. But I see the argument for NC State, two top 10 recruits in Hidlay and Reenan as well as the bullard twins who have pretty impressive resumes in their own right and a lightweight Wilson from Ohio.
I think they were 3.

What was Iowa ranked if you don't mind me asking?

3rd

Willie basically says that PSU's class could end up more valuable (hence worthy of being #1), if PSU gets value out of Manville. He's the #5 ranked recruit by Flo. Willie's concerns is where he will fit in the lineup. It really seems as though Willie could have gone either way. NC State has 5 top 100 recruits (2 in the top 10), while PSU has 4 top 100 recruits (3 in the top 10). Willie says that NC State may have gotten 7 starters in this class.

Wow, Wolf pack had SEVEN recruits in one class?

What will they have next year, that has to limit their next class.

Wow, Wolf pack had SEVEN recruits in one class?

What will they have next year, that has to limit their next class.
Willie said 7 starters. NC State actually landed 11 wrestlers. They got 4 middleweight starters and serious competition at 125-141. Heckuva class.

Nick Reenan PA 165/17
Hayden Hidlay PA 149/157
Thomas Bullard GA 165
Daniel Bullard GA 174
Codi Russell GA 125/133
Charlie Lenox PA 125
Tommy Cox NY 125
Tariq Wilson OH 133
Wade Cummings PA 133/141
Kellen Devlin NY 133/141
Chris Diaz GA 141

For Nationals purposes, I would rather have 3 top ten recruits. For dual meet purposes, I might prefer a class with 7 starters. Six of one, half dozen of another.

Willie said 7 starters. NC State actually landed 11 wrestlers. They got 4 middleweight starters and serious competition at 125-141. Heckuva class.

Nick Reenan PA 165/17
Hayden Hidlay PA 149/157
Thomas Bullard GA 165
Daniel Bullard GA 174
Codi Russell GA 125/133
Charlie Lenox PA 125
Tommy Cox NY 125
Tariq Wilson OH 133
Wade Cummings PA 133/141
Kellen Devlin NY 133/141
Chris Diaz GA 141

So weird all the kids logjammed at 125-141. We'll see some xfers in a year or 2

Correction: 12 recruits. I missed Mike Rogers, who will be a 4-yr starter at heavy after shirting.

Correction: 12 recruits. I missed Mike Rogers, who will be a 4-yr starter at heavy after shirting.

That quite a haul considering Popolizio only had 30 wrestlers (and 3 seniors) on his roster this past season.

Given all the high school talent out there I would think you would want to spread things out a bit more over several classes but, hey, whatever works. One thing's for sure with Cael though - he isn't just recruiting "potential starters".

That quite a haul considering Popolizio only had 30 wrestlers (and 3 seniors) on his roster this past season.

Given all the high school talent out there I would think you would want to spread things out a bit more over several classes but, hey, whatever works. One thing's for sure with Cael though - he isn't just recruiting "potential starters".
Agree, but not until a program is stable enough to be a perennial power. Pop has done an amazing job with the Wolfpack, with the team's NCAA finishes from 2013-2016 as 63rd, 19th, 16th, and 11th. Heavy recruiting years may be needed along the way, though it will likely have a cyclic effect on performance for the short term.

Reactions: letsgohawks44
I'm sure everyone in Happy Valley feels really good about this class.

It was just what they needed. It's not often you can get two future title contenders that round out your line-up.

For rankings purposes though, I just see so much value for this NC State group. two legit studs + tariq who i think is a sure fire starter and a future AA.

like someone said - 6 of one....

Thing is we have to wait and see what manville's situation is.

Reactions: PSU MATT
How in the hell did nc st recruit 12 kids in one class? that's impossible right?
9.9 per season?

I'm sure everyone in Happy Valley feels really good about this class.

It was just what they needed. It's not often you can get two future title contenders that round out your line-up.

For rankings purposes though, I just see so much value for this NC State group. two legit studs + tariq who i think is a sure fire starter and a future AA.

like someone said - 6 of one....

Thing is we have to wait and see what manville's situation is.
I certainly love our class & I also see what your saying,but, 7 guys for the Wolfpack at 3 weights? Isn't that kinda your argument against PSU's class Smalls?
I'm not bitching-seriously just asking because I don't know a thing about half there class.

The problem is that Penn State has recruited too few weights. If #5 Joseph gets hurt you then only have #5 Manville to step in for him. It's much better to have a #4, #42, and #43 all at the same weight as you then have more flexibility if one goes down.

The problem is that Penn State has recruited too few weights. If #5 Joseph gets hurt you then only have #5 Manville to step in for him. It's much better to have a #4, #42, and #43 all at the same weight as you then have more flexibility if one goes down.

Did Morelli graduate?

It's because Cael cheated. Ten guys on a roster with only 9.9 scholarships.
You keep forgetting that we pay for all the wrestlers education from our bwi slush fund, so 9.9 is for the lesser programs like Iowa. The steroids come from that fund as well. ;)

Reactions: Azchief32
You keep forgetting that we pay for all the wrestlers education from our bwi slush fund, so 9.9 is for the lesser programs like Iowa. The steroids come from that fund as well. ;)
really comes from the basketball program... can't you tell!

SanSouci, the one who made the comment, is a character and I truly believe he is just that, a character made up for our entertainment. However, since making that off hand comment, he has not been seen since..........coincidence:)

SanSouci, the one who made the comment, is a character and I truly believe he is just that, a character made up for our entertainment. However, since making that off hand comment, he has not been seen since..........coincidence:)
Maybe that bridge fight happened!!

not a persona.

moron is more like it

I certainly love our class & I also see what your saying,but, 7 guys for the Wolfpack at 3 weights? Isn't that kinda your argument against PSU's class Smalls?
I'm not bitching-seriously just asking because I don't know a thing about half there class.

not seeing 7 for 3 weights.

Tariq, Hidlay, Reenan, Bullard, Bullard clear starters.

could get another out of Cox, Diaz, and Rogers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT