ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Wisconsin 2020 Dual Thread

I know Pipher's not expected by anyone to be an All American candidate, but geez, disappointing tonight. Maybe he's ill, who knows....

Reactions: PASLP2
157: Bo Pipher vs. Garrett Model

Per 1
Model in on a single, Bo tries to counter, and Model finally awarded the TD, 0-2. Bo up to his feet, lifted and taken back down. Up and out, waved off as they were OOB. Bo up and he's out, 1-2. 1:30 left. Model shoots, Bo with a counter and tries to lock a cradle, and no TD awarded as they go OOB. Damn. Model in on a single and gets a single just after a stall warning on Bo, 1-4. End

Per 2
Bo takes bottom. Slowly works up, lifted and back down. Bo nearly a switch but gets the esc, 2-4. Model in quickly on the legs, stopped for PD with 51 sec. Bo a little sloppy and nearly gives up a TD, nothing. Stall warning on Bo just before Model shoots in and gets a TD, so it's 2-7. End. RT @ 1:48 in RT

Per 3
Model takes neutral. He's in on a leg, Bo with an ankle, they scramble, stalemate call with 1:23 left. Model in on a double, Bo tries an elevator but it's blocked, and Model get the TD 2-9. Bo up and he's out, 3-9. Stall call on Bo and Model gets a TD, 3-11. Perhaps not a stall call. RT is locked. End. With 2:34 of RT, it's a 4-13 MAJOR for Model

10-7, Wisky

Man, if Cenzo's not going tonight, let's hope that Rasheed is on fire, because we're going to need him.

Reactions: ccdiver
Tough loss at 133 may be match, Piper got beat bad. Still looking for wrestler to score at 125, weakness at 149 and 157. Good, not great team.

Last edited:
This ref is a joke - he's called stalling 3 times on Pipher - compare that to how he called Moran's utter non-activity! Pipher a 1000 times more active than Moran and this bozo is calling stalling on him left and right. He also didn't give Pipher a TD when Pipher had cradle locked and clear control???.

I take no pleasure in this.

The good news is: RBY has now seen Gross' best. There will be no familiarization, no bag of tricks the next time.
Quite wrong, RBY hasn't seen Gross' best. He's warming up for the Olympic weight.

Pipher had the takedown with the cradle, but he's wrestling until too loose and casual right now. Let's go Bo, get your head in the match.

So a locked up cradle and almost putting your opponent on his back is no longer a takedown.

Pipher had a takedown there. Kind of ridiculous that this ref doesn't know the rules. Unreal.

FYI: Locking up a cradle is not, by itself, a TD. I haven't watched a replay, but in real time I would not have awarded the TD

If no Joseph we have a real shot at losing this match. Anyone hearing anything from Byers?

I honestly didn't really get the whole picture, but I thought Model's hip was also on the mat. It seemed clear that Bo could have just gone behind and picked up 2, but I believe he thought he had a takedown and a chance for more.

FYI: Locking up a cradle is not, by itself, a TD. I haven't watched a replay, but in real time I would not have awarded the TD

Reactions: Tjsch1
Appreciate the effort but most likely 0 points at 157 this year.

Quite wrong, RBY hasn't seen Gross' best. He's warming up for the Olympic weight.

Agree. As soon as that match was over, my wife and I both thought that RBY will have it figured out for the next time.

It was a fun match to watch. Very exciting and really could have gone either way.

Reactions: breno14
I honestly didn't really get the whole picture, but I thought Model's hip was also on the mat. It seemed clear that Bo could have just gone behind and picked up 2, but I believe he thought he had a takedown and a chance for more.
Agree; think Pipher was looking for a big move and thus declined to go behind for the TD. Unfortunately, he never got the big move before going OB. So he got zero out of the position.

Good chance they'll meet in the semis. B10 seeds look like 1 Gross, 2 RBY, 3 DeSanto.

Gross has 1 loss, to DeSanto, which he avanged, and beat RBY.
RBY has 1 loss, to Gross, and beat DeSanto.
DeSanto has 2 losses -- to Gross and RBY.

The wildcards are Piotrowski and Rivera. Piotrowski will most likely finish the regular season with 1 conference loss (to DeSanto) -- he could slip into the 3 seed despite the H2H loss. And nobody has any idea how to seed Rivera at this point, assuming he returns.
rivera at the 4/5 could be big problems for gross in semis if RBY and ADs are 2/3 or 3/2

what a great weight for the fans

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT