ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Vs. Ohio St.

Why is it we just smoked Michigan which beat OSU and we are running scared this match? Don’t get it
Because OSU will be heavy favorites in the first four matches and at 184. That scenario could change if RBY is back but I'm doubtful. Even if RBY is back, Luke Pletcher is a formidable opponent and a win isn't guaranteed. PSU is favored at 157,165, 174, 197 and Hwt. That makes it 5 to 5 but we ain't running scared!

If they don’t get bonus at 133 and 184 they can’t win. Obviously with healthy RBY and Shak it’s a PSU victory, especially since I think a healthy RBY wins which would give a 6-4 split.

I don’t see RBY going so they will pick up a point here. If Shak doesn’t go we give up 3 more points as anyone else we send out gets pinned. If this happens we in big trouble.

If Bo packs Moore, PSU wins no matter what and I can actually see this happening but can’t count on that.

PSU will pick up bonus at 157,165 and HWT. We need to pick up at least 4 points from these 3 weights to match what we give up at 133 and 184 without RBY and Shak.

Need our 125 and 149 not to give up bonus.

If Bo gets bonus on Moore, it’s be HUGE
############:##########:
Ohio State are huge stallers. And being in Columbus, they wont get called for stalling beyond a warning. It just what T. Ryan teaches.

If your stud is better than mine, mine scores 0 points in a dual. Nearly everyone is picking a 5/5 split tomorrow, and a few of tOSU studs are probably better than a few of ours (Gimpy RBY, Lee, and Sheed most notably). There could be an upset or two, but on paper, this should be our closest dual in a couple of years at least.
Closer than last year's Ohio State match?

If your stud is better than mine, mine scores 0 points in a dual. Nearly everyone is picking a 5/5 split tomorrow, and a few of tOSU studs are probably better than a few of ours (Gimpy RBY, Lee, and Sheed most notably). There could be an upset or two, but on paper, this should be our closest dual in a couple of years at least.
Last year we were 3 Kyle Snyder points away from going to the third tie-break. If it gets much closer we're all going to need help getting our heart rates back to normal after the match.

Reactions: diggerpup
Who decides which weight starts a dual meet, or do they have to start at 125?

I’m not saying it will be a better dual. But criterea could possibly decide it. I’ll never forget that night.

The real question, do Ke-Shaw and Kollin run out to “Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me”?
Hayes isn't afraid to stall but Moore's style is not about stalling. I expect he will bring it tomorrow. I also believe he expects to beat Bo. Moore may choose his opportunities to attack but I do think he will try to get some takedowns & score against Bo. I do not believe he will strictly be counter-wrestling. Regardless, this is a match I cannot wait to watch.

Most folks know that BTN is showing the match at 8:30 PM (EST).

Just thought I would add that it is also on at 3:30 AM that same night/early morning as well in case you can't watch it live, can't record it then, or live on the West coast (Alaska, Hawaii, etc.) and tend to be a night owl.

T-minus 22 hours and counting down!
55 consecutive win streak on the line!

I just hope our guys wear their special robes for team intros.
Dy2kxRtVYAEetC4.jpg

############:##########:
Ohio State are huge stallers. And being in Columbus, they wont get called for stalling beyond a warning. It just what T. Ryan teaches.
This may easily be the most ignorant thing I’ve seen on this forum. Congrats to you.

Who decides which weight starts a dual meet, or do they have to start at 125?

i believe both coaches need to agree to a weight to start with, otherwise it goes to a random draw. most of the time both coaches just agree to 125 because that's how it's always done.

I wouldn't put money on it, but, I've got Schnupp winning tonight as well.
I certainly hope so. Malik might be a little more 'slick' than Schnupp. He will have to ensure he doesn't give up any easy takedowns.

Hayes isn't afraid to stall but Moore's style is not about stalling. I expect he will bring it tomorrow. I also believe he expects to beat Bo. Moore may choose his opportunities to attack but I do think he will try to get some takedowns & score against Bo. I do not believe he will strictly be counter-wrestling. Regardless, this is a match I cannot wait to watch.

Agree on Moore, one of the few Bux i can stand watching, but if he goes balls in, Kyle Conel is picking Bo to win.

I wouldn't put money on it, but, I've got Schnupp winning tonight as well.

I also think Schnupp has a legitimate shot at Heinselman. I think that is a little more than wishful thinking, as he seems to be wrestling with more and more confidence. If we start at 125, and Dev gets the win, that will obviously be HUGE!

Most folks know that BTN is showing the match at 8:30 PM (EST).

Just thought I would add that it is also on at 3:30 AM that same night/early morning as well in case you can't watch it live, can't record it then, or live on the West coast (Alaska, Hawaii, etc.) and tend to be a night owl.

T-minus 22 hours and counting down!
55 consecutive win streak on the line!

You can tape it at the 3:30 AM time, but it may well be edited. In last week's Michigan dual, the 3:30 AM showing cut out both Nolf's and Joseph's matches!!

Agree on Moore, one of the few Bux i can stand watching, but if he goes balls in, Kyle Conel is picking Bo to win.
Conel entered the transfer portal on Feb. 1, has 1 year of eligibility left, imagine if he came to PSU. It would allow Beard to redshirt and can you imagine what it would do to tOSU fans and Moore.

Conel entered the transfer portal on Feb. 1, has 1 year of eligibility left, imagine if he came to PSU. It would allow Beard to redshirt and can you imagine what it would do to tOSU fans and Moore.
Moore did beat Conel the last 2 times they wrestled this past off season.

I keep seeing most people giving Hall the bonus and not cenzo. I mean obviously it’s just a prediction but am I the only one that thinks cenzo is more likely to bonus Campbell than Hall is to bonus Smith? Hell they could both bonus but I like Smith’s fight way more than Campbell’s. Smith shoots a lot and that plays into Hall’s skill set but still

I keep seeing most people giving Hall the bonus and not cenzo. I mean obviously it’s just a prediction but am I the only one that thinks cenzo is more likely to bonus Campbell than Hall is to bonus Smith? Hell they could both bonus but I like Smith’s fight way more than Campbell’s. Smith shoots a lot and that plays into Hall’s skill set but still
I'm with you. I think Cenzo majors Campbell more easily than last year--just a hunch really. Hall's bonus rate is down a lot this year. I could almost see him getting a fall before a major, honestly. Guess we'll see.

... Hall's bonus rate is down a lot this year ...
I like the hypothesis someone said on FRL (?) recently: maybe Hall is spending the whole season practicing the conservative style that he thinks would help him beat Zahid. If true, I suppose it would be like a hypothetical Nolf and Taylor passing up shots against even the hoi polloi unless the shot is of a quality that would work on IMar and Dake, respectively.

Reactions: nerfstate
Really?? Last I heard he was injured and out for season...

Some thoughts

I see it as a 5-5 split but I also think our 5 are almost locks whereas there is upset potential in their 5. Myles is a lock, Pletcher is if no RBY. Micah is pretty close to a lock. But I agree about Schnupp, he has a chance and it's all over if he wins 125. I think Lee can beat McKenna. And I certainly think RBY can beat Pletcher if he's healthy but I'd be shocked if he goes.

And if Kollin Moore wants to wrestle to beat Bo, I look forward to that. Others who thought they were beating Bo: Sammy twice, Boyd, Dudley, Myles in last years finals, etc...

Some thoughts

I see it as a 5-5 split but I also think our 5 are almost locks whereas there is upset potential in their 5. Myles is a lock, Pletcher is if no RBY. Micah is pretty close to a lock. But I agree about Schnupp, he has a chance and it's all over if he wins 125. I think Lee can beat McKenna. And I certainly think RBY can beat Pletcher if he's healthy but I'd be shocked if he goes.

And if Kollin Moore wants to wrestle to beat Bo, I look forward to that. Others who thought they were beating Bo: Sammy twice, Boyd, Dudley, Myles in last years finals, etc...

I’m sure I missed it but why was Cael taken back when Byers reported RBY would miss 3-4 weeks, this is precisely what looks to be happening? What did I miss? Thanks

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
Some thoughts

I dont think Myles "thought he was beating Bo" at ncaa last year. But, I think he knew he was not, if he held back and wrestled timid. The only chance he had was if he got aggressive and went after him. Problem is, mess with the bull, you get the horns.. and it ended with counting lights.

But, I dont know any fellow tOSU fan that was not 100% proud of the way he went after Bo. We loved his effort and aggressiveness that night.
Going in, we all said he just needed to go for it. He did. Ended with the probable outcome we expected... but we would have rather seen that, then him lose a 8-2 match where he ran away all match.

Same thing with Kollin tonight. I dont see him winning if he tries to run scared all match. At some point, he just needs to do what he does best and go for it. May end up with getting stuck... but he at least has a small chance of winning that way, where as zero percent change if he is just defensive for 7 minutes.

No, you are not the only one. I feel more confident in Hall only getting a decision than I am in Cenzo getting a major (those are my predictions). Cenzo and Hall have different styles, plus, I agree that Campbell can be broken easier.

Reactions: tylersmyth
I’m sure I missed it but why was Cael taken back when Byers reported RBY would miss 3-4 weeks, this is precisely what looks to be happening? What did I miss? Thanks

I suspect Byers probably got clued into some accurate info off the the record, where the ground rules are this stuff should not be disclosed. I think Cael walked it back to provide cover. Weither it be HIPPA or other reasons, Cael has never been open with medical details.

We all saw the video and could see RBY put some pretty good torsional stress on that knee. A sprained ligament certainly isn't out of the question, and those injuries tend take the timeframe that Byers indicated to heal.

I would love to see RBY tonight but am not counting on it. I could see Cael rolling the dice and keeping both RBY and Shak out even if they are ''good enough' to go. At 90% they both are likely to lose anyway. What is RBY without his most potent weapons - speed and athleticism?

Byers is lucky Cael isn’t Stalin and had Beria and the KGB to enforce silence.

I might be in the minority, but, I like that Cael stays tight lipped about who is starting. NCAA Wrestling doesn’t require injury status reports, so, why tip your hand? I don’t know how much impact it really has, but, if there is any chance it has any impact, why not keep quiet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT